What's new

Secularism or growth? The choice is yours

Who is the author who is comparing secularism with Growth??

Both are different.

Succesful non-secular state doesn't exist.

Best society is secular country with majority religious people.

Secular is needed to keep religious people out of interfering with scientific development.

Religious society is needed to keep society and family structure in place. When people loose religion they will loose their culture and become capitalist and consumerist which is just another religion. At the end you will have society who gets happiness from goods but feel empty from inside.

Although I'm not very believing person I'm culturally Muslim, with strong Tengrist influence. I think the state should be secular at all cost but the government should be protecting cultural heritage and legacy. Society that lost religion are slowly braking apart. You can already see that.

This secularism debate in India is useless. None of the Indian (dharmic) religions oppose scientific development. We have no protests in our country about abortion or evolution or stem cell research or any of that stuff. All that happens only in the Abrahamic religious countries and the concept of secularism was relevant for them. The religious leaders in Dharma never interfere politically either.

In India unfortunately the state has been involved in openly de-Hinduizing the country and leading it towards pathological consumerism and a society with no values.

So it is really an opposite case in India.

Why can't I have the cake and eat it too? I wanted secularism and growth.:sad:

What India requires is GROWTH ......... FUQ SECULARISM .

Back
Top Bottom