Devil Soul

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
Scuffle between attaché, Pak ambassador forces Nawaz to intervene
By Web Desk
Published: March 5, 2014

ISLAMABAD: The prime minister was forced to ask commercial attaché Aisha Makhdum and Pakistani ambassador Sajjad Kamran to return to Pakistan after arguments between the two had escalated to a point that it was affecting the image of Pakistan, Express News reported on Wednesday.

After receiving reports that Makhdum and Kamran were arguing with each other, Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif sent his Political Secretary Dr Asif Kirmani to Sweden to make an inquiry.

Kirmani reported back to the prime minister that the two were not on talking terms and Nawaz was forced to ask them to return to Pakistan, where a more detailed inquiry will be made.

Seems to me there was a break down of Protocol and Discipline. A Commercial Attache has no business arguing with the Ambassador. She should have gone through the proper channels if there were Grievances.

Also, the news headlines mentions a Scuffle but the story line shows a mere exchange of words. That is not a scuffle. A scuffle means a Physical altercation.

I now see that maturity is not guaranteed by having a good government appointment.....
31671340.jpg

Seems to me there was a break down of Protocol and Discipline. A Commercial Attache has no business arguing with the Ambassador. She should have gone through the proper channels if there were Grievances.

Also, the news headlines mentions a Scuffle but the story line shows a mere exchange of words. That is not a scuffle. A scuffle means a Physical altercation.
I agee with you. I am not sure why Foriegn Office did not support the ambassador. The reason might be that there is political push behind the commercial attache. I searched the names on internet and found that when these commercial attaches were appointed Dawn reported that the appointments were political. In fact the passing marks were lowered from 60 percent to 40 percent to accomodate those who were nominated on political basis ( Dawn 11.2.2013 )

Pakistani ambassadors are corrupt, mostly hired by foreign agencies.

I agee with you. I am not sure why Foriegn Office did not support the ambassador. The reason might be that there is political push behind the commercial attache. I searched the names on internet and found that when these commercial attaches were appointed Dawn reported that the appointments were political. In fact the passing marks were lowered from 60 percent to 40 percent to accomodate those who were nominated on political basis ( Dawn 11.2.2013 )

It is so sad that instead of moving towards " Merit Based " appointments we are sticking to using all Government appointments as a way to make Political Payoffs to supporters and Cronies of the Government.

Pakistani ambassadors are corrupt, mostly hired by foreign agencies.

It is not just the Ambassadors but the whole Foreign office apparatus that is rotten to the core.

It is so sad that instead of moving towards " Merit Based " appointments we are sticking to using all Government appointments as a way to make Political Payoffs to supporters and Cronies of the Government.

DAMOCRAZY isnt the best revenge to pakistanis?lolzzz

It is not just the Ambassadors but the whole Foreign office apparatus that is rotten to the core.

Yes, definitely democracy is the best revenge :)
This story was very interesting and unique so I tried to find the background and to my surprise there are five MNAs behind a single lady. Though the appointment was originaly made by PPP but in our political system there are such families which has members in all politcal parties. So it doesnt matter the government change, same families remain rule.

Back
Top Bottom