What's new

Scrap Rafale, Viva Tejas!

Status
Not open for further replies.
So what if LCA is a bad plane compared to the Rafale.

Putting faith in your own industry would mean that subsequent planes would be better.

You think Rafale came about while France was buying foreign planes for itself?

If that $22 billion is true, then price of each Rafale with weapon will cost more than $165 million. Damn costly for any fighter below 5th gen.Even FGFA which will cost a little over $100 million and with weapons on board will cost close to $150 million will be lesser than Rafale.

Though I don't think the figure will be true but if true........:undecided:

Su 30 MKI currently costs 100million with the weapons and support infratructure ! So your FGFA guesstimation is wayy off the charts here !

So what if LCA is a bad plane compared to the Rafale.

Putting faith in your own industry would mean that subsequent planes would be better.

You think Rafale came about while France was buying foreign planes for itself?

That's true.

During the "catch-up" process of improving your indigenous industries, you'll face a lot of sneering and snobbery about your platforms, just like what happened to us.

But the point is that it pays off in the long term, if you have the patience to do it.

For India though, they have a high threat perception (for whatever reason) so it makes sense for them to buy a lot of Rafale's as a stop-gap measure while they build their indigenous industries.

We did the same thing as well, importing a lot of foreign platforms to give us peace of mind while our indigenous defence industries were not up to scratch. Though our threat perception (from the USA + Soviet Union) was much more threatening than India's threat perception (China + Pakistan).

From what I can glanced at and stopped reading is when he starts to use mathematics proving a single engine fighter outdoes a twin engine battle proven aircraft even in payload. Maybe I am missing something? Where is Israeli India fighter aircraft AESA?

That's true.

During the "catch-up" process of improving your indigenous industries, you'll face a lot of sneering and snobbery about your platforms, just like what happened to us.

But the point is that it pays off in the long term, if you have the patience to do it.

For India though, they have a high threat perception (for whatever reason) so it makes sense for them to buy a lot of Rafale's as a stop-gap measure while they build their indigenous industries.

We did the same thing as well, importing a lot of foreign platforms to give us peace of mind while our indigenous defence industries were not up to scratch. Though our threat perception (from the USA + Soviet Union) was much more threatening than India's threat perception (China + Pakistan).

Difference being Buying Su-30s and Su-27s never stopped China from building its JF-17s, J-10s and J-11s and so on...

China has a lot more money. India can't take the same route.

The other thing is capability too. China is a manufacturing giant. India can either manufacture or procure. It can't do both. As the article explains, India has been doing this dance from the Nehru era and it still hasn't been able to pull it off. Each time they buy a new fancy plane, the local project gets scrapped.

About threat perceptions - This is the perfect time for India to risk it a little since Pakistan's inventory does not match India's inventory and its living in a fools paradise if it thinks it can take on China even with Rafale.

It should ONLY procure PAKFA whenever its done. Su-30MKIs are good enough for now.

and the cofèrs of sarkari babus will continue to fill till eternity. Viva tejas viva babus !!

Except if we are going to invade Pakistan/China or both in near future i would always prefer Tejas mk-I and mk-II over Rafale even if it is 1/4 of Rafale.

About threat perceptions - This is the perfect time for India to risk it a little since Pakistan's inventory does not match India's inventory and its living in a fools paradise if it thinks it can take on China even with Rafale.

It should ONLY procure PAKFA whenever its done. Su-30MKIs are good enough for now.

I agree here.

I think India's threat perceptions are wrong. Pakistan is unlikely to start a conventional war with India given the military balance, and China is locked off from India by the Himalayas. The Himalayas makes it nearly impossible to maintain supply routes from one side across to the other, especially when those supply routes are also being targeted.

India has a big window of opportunity now, while they are relatively safe, to redirect more resources into their indigenous industries.

Just my opinion though.

I agree here.

I think India's threat perceptions are wrong. Pakistan is unlikely to start a conventional war with India given the military balance, and China is locked off from India by the Himalayas. The Himalayas makes it nearly impossible to maintain supply routes from one side across to the other, especially when those supply routes are also being targeted.

India has a big window of opportunity now, while they are relatively safe, to redirect more resources into their indigenous industries.

Just my opinion though.

LOL.

Why are the Chinese so hell bent on training in our Punjab, from our plains.

Think about this.

From what I can glanced at and stopped reading is when he starts to use mathematics proving a single engine fighter outdoes a twin engine battle proven aircraft even in payload. Maybe I am missing something? Where is Israeli India fighter aircraft AESA?

Nowhere it is stated in the article that LCA-mk2 will able to carry more weapon than Rafale. For LCA-mk2 payload of 5 ton is already an official figure. And it is stated that Rafale will able to carry 6 ton. So even according to the article, Rafale carries more payload than LCA-mk2.

LOL.

Why are the Chinese so hell bent on training in our Punjab, from our plains.

Think about this.

Think about what?

Everyone who watches the news knows exactly what causes Chinese people to riot in the streets, and it is 1) Diaoyutai, 2) Japanese war crimes, 3) Taiwan and 4) the SCS.

All in the Pacific. And the puppet master pulling the strings is the U-S-A.

Now what would the USA like the most? That's right, for us to get stuck into someone else's war on our Western flank.

Bharat Karnad. Who else can write such a screwed up analysis.

Think about what?

Everyone who watches the news knows exactly what causes Chinese people to riot in the streets, and it is 1) Diaoyutai, 2) Japanese war crimes, 3) Taiwan and 4) the SCS.

All in the Pacific. And the puppet master pulling the strings is the U-S-A.

Now what would the USA like the most? That's right, for us to get stuck into someone else's war on our Western flank.

Your response is limited.

Unfortunately I was expecting more from you.

From my desert town, I have witnessed PRC officers in our bazaar or market place during their training sessions.

Neither Pakistan nor China is an aggressor state, but with India being USA's new poster child threats are imminent.

In case India decides to **** with China, Chinese military have a plan to push from our plains with tanks, deep into Indian territory.

Sorry If your illusion of Indian friendship blinded you.

Your response is limited.

Unfortunately I was expecting more from you.

From my desert town, I have witnessed PRC officers in our bazaar or market place during their training sessions.

Neither Pakistan nor China is an aggressor state, but with India being USA's new poster child threats are imminent.

In case India decides to **** with China, Chinese military have a plan to push from our plains with tanks, deep into Indian territory.

Sorry If your illusion of Indian friendship blinded you.

That's right, because India is such a threat to us from the lower reaches of the Himalayas. :rofl:

No Chinese person is threatened by India, what do you think they are going to attack upwards into the highest mountain range on the planet, the Himalayas? Against a superior military force? Seriously? :lol:

America's goal is to stop our rise by getting us into pointless fights, a goal which apparently is shared by many others on the side of the USA.

Tell you what, send me a PM when Chinese people start rioting on the streets about the Indian threat. :azn: You know, like we do regarding Diaoyutai, Japanese war crimes, Taiwan and the SCS.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom