What's new

Saudi/GCC sends troops to help Bahrain's rulers

Lankan Ranger

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Entry of Saudi troops in Bahrain not invasion: US

US has asked the Gulf countries to respect the rights of the people of Bahrain after 1,000 Saudi soldiers entered the violence-hit nation.

Washington, however, said the entry of foreign troops was "not an invasion".

"This is not an invasion of a country," White House Press Secretary Jay Carney told reporters.

Noting that the US is aware of reports about Saudi forces going to Bahrain, Carney urged all its partners in the region to show restraint and to respect the rights of the people of Bahrain, and to act in a way that supports dialogue instead of undermining it.

"The important factor here is that our overall principles apply to Bahrain and all the countries in the region, which is that we urge restraint," he said.

"We urge nonviolence in response to nonviolent protesters; the respect for the universal rights of people in the region to gather peacefully, to voice their opinions, to have their grievances heard by their governments, and to have greater participation in the political process," Carney said.

"We have long believed and the President has expressed for a long time now that stability in the region will be brought about by dialogue and political reform. It is counterproductive to that goal to in any way repress the expression of those desires that the people of Bahrain, in this case, and other countries, have," he said.

"We are calling on the Saudis, the other members of the GCC countries, as well as the Bahraini government, to show restraint; and that we believe that political dialogue is the way to address the unrest that has occurred in the region, in Bahrain and in other countries, and not to in any way suppress it," he said in response to a question.

US President Barack Obama had said in his speech in Cairo that the unrest in the region is a result of the lack of dialogue and the lack of engagement with the peoples in the region in their governments and in the political process, he said.

"We have called on the Bahraini government to -- as we have others in the region -- to have a dialogue with their people, to listen to their grievances, to adopt political reforms, to respect the universal rights of their people.

I think, broadly speaking, in the countries of the region, the leaders in the region will be judged by how they deal with this process. We think it's important for the future of the region, for the peoples in these countries, that their voices be heard and their legitimate aspirations be addressed," Carney said.

Entry of Saudi troops in Bahrain not invasion: US - The Times of India

1000 troops from Saudi Arabia today crossed into Bahrain to help quell ongoing unrest there. The United Arab Emirates has said it is also ready to send troops to Bahrain as part of Gulf Cooperation Council (GCC) efforts and other GCC countries could follow suit. The GCC comprises Bahrain, Oman, Qatar, Kuwait, Saudi Arabia and the United Arab Emirates.

Bahrain, a tiny kingdom, is home to the United States Navy’s Fifth Fleet and is crucial to America’s military interventions in the region and the Obama administration has supported the Khalifa family through the unrest in contrast to its later efforts to remove the leaders of Libya, Tunisia and Egypt when it saw the public mood against them. The US today supported the arrival of Saudi troops in Bahrain. “We’ve seen the reports that you’re talking about. This is not an invasion of a country,” White House spokesman Jay Carney told a news briefing.

From this we can see that

• Despite claiming that they cannot intervene in Libya to save people being slaughtered by Gadaffi, the western backed rulers of Saudi Arabia, UAE and others are more than capable of sending troops to protect their fellow western backed ruler in Bahrain.

• Muslim countries do not need UN authorisation before deploying forces.

• Muslim countries like Saudi Arabia, Egypt and others have troops and modern military equipment and do not need to rely on Western forces if they decide to act.

• These puppet regimes are capable of ignoring the colonial borders between the Muslims should they chose to act.

We should highlight these points to all so that the people of the region speak with one loud voice and demand that the Muslim armies of Egypt, Tunisia, Algeria and the areas surrounding Libya intervene to 1) save their brothers and sisters from the massacres of Gadaffi and 2) prevent intervention by the greedy colonial powers whose interventions brought death and devastation to Iraq and Afghanistan.

“And what is the matter with you that you fight not in the cause of Allah and of the weak — men, women and children — who say, ‘Our Lord, take us out of this town, whose people are oppressors, and make for us some friend from Yourself, and make for us from Yourself some helper?” [ TMQ An-Nisa 4:75].

Oh.. no..
The saudi's are only going into their annexe..

BS the objectives of Bahrain rebels are unclear yesterday they attacked group of Pakistani's with swords, 1 Pakistani killed we must send ex-army personal to help Bahrain government and Pakistani community.

picture is worth a thousand words

get-2-2011-w2316skf.JPG

0IMG_2709bahrai.JPG

get-2-2011-6n6y36nf.jpg

The so-called "pro-democracy" protesters and rioters are pro-iranian shiite .

Iran considers Bahrain as the umpth Iranian province.

Ali Salman (one of the principal opposition leaders) head of Wefaq declared to Sheikh Abdulatif (leader of the Forum for National Unity) that he will seek Iran assistance if military force is used.

can you give the sources of the pictures
and the words of Ali Salman please

One dictator coming to another ones aid.. That is so messed up. I hope the situation doesn't get worse and devolves into full-scale civil war like in Lybia.

Bahrainis (is that how you spell it?) deserve democracy and freedom like everyone!

I just hope not many people get killed in this crackdown:frown:

picture is worth a thousand words

get-2-2011-w2316skf.JPG

0IMG_2709bahrai.JPG

get-2-2011-6n6y36nf.jpg

The so-called "pro-democracy" protesters and rioters are pro-iranian shiite .

Iran considers Bahrain as the umpth Iranian province.

Ali Salman (one of the principal opposition leaders) head of Wefaq declared to Sheikh Abdulatif (leader of the Forum for National Unity) that he will seek Iran assistance if military force is used.

if the majoority of people in that country want that, what's it to you saudi?
Bahrainis actually never liked Iran because they got their independence by force from us, but with these actions you're forcing them to side with Iran. Good luck. In a couple of years Hezbollah in Bahrain will be formed. in a couple of decades you will be fighting Hezbollah right in the Kingdom. You're persecuting the shia majority and Iran is the flag bearer of shia Islam. Of course they are going to side with Iran Einstein.

if the majoority of people in that country want that, what's it to you saudi?
Bahrainis actually never liked Iran because they got their independence by force from us, but with these actions you're forcing them to side with Iran. Good luck. In a couple of years Hezbollah in Bahrain will be formed. in a couple of decades you will be fighting Hezbollah right in the Kingdom. You're persecuting the shia majority and Iran is the flag bearer of shia Islam. Of course they are going to side with Iran Einstein.

Aren't those Hezbollah flags in the hand of protesters?

Aren't those Hezbollah flags in the hand of protesters?

Okay I did a bit more research and it seems those are photoshopped pictures.
take a look at these ps pics
#Bahrain TV photoshop fraud #lulu [photo]

appareantly these pics have been circulating around for weeks. An Iraqi poster on another forum found "one website that states those photos are from 2008 Jersusalem Day in Bahrain."
either way they look highly questionable. I'm gonna wait for a credible source but I highly doubt our Saudi friend here is gonna come back with one lol

Okay I did a bit more research and it seems those are photoshopped pictures.
take a look at these ps pics
#Bahrain TV photoshop fraud #lulu [photo]

appareantly these pics have been circulating around for weeks. An Iraqi poster on another forum found "one website that states those photos are from 2008 Jersusalem Day in Bahrain."
either way they look highly questionable. I'm gonna wait for a credible source but I highly doubt our Saudi friend here is gonna come back with one lol

first of all.. non of us Saudis is friend of yours..
i just wanna say that we don't have to prove the betrayal of the shiite protesters to their country and to their national leaders who have been trying to
give all what they can just to make them satisfied..we don't have to do that because they did prove it many times by themselves ... and to make you even happier !! they did that twice at the last sabotage events they call " peaceful protests".. they proved it first by attacking police officers, closing streets , attacking educational institutions and attacking Sunni citizens and Sunni workers (and that's has been reported here in this forum !!)..wanna a
"credible source" ??!! here you are ..but don't tell me it was "from 2008 Jersusalem Day" !!
qriv4o.jpg

2damxys.jpg

spare me and tell me if this is a sort of peaceful protests !!
femmu0.jpg

iwksj6.jpg

foreign worker ..Bahraini TV
----
and they proved it for the second time (at the leaders level) by communicating with a foreign country (Iranian Intelligence ) and a terrorist group (Hezbollah) for backup and training for their puppets ..
---
and here is a last question for you buddy...why did Mahmoud Ahmadinejad fire Heydar Moslehi ( Minister of Intelligence)???..has that to do with his
failure in overthrowing the Bahraini regime ?? :rofl:

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom