What's new

Saudi Arabia to give Egypt up to $4-billion more aid

Arabian Legend

Reaction score
Country
Saudi Arabia
Saudi Arabia to give Egypt up to $4-billion more aid: report

Saudi Arabia is expected to give Egypt up to $4-billion in additional aid in the form of central bank deposits and petroleum products, state-run Egyptian newspaper Al Ahram reported on Thursday.

Citing an unnamed ministerial source, the newspaper said the package would be worked out during a visit next week to the kingdom by Egypt’s interim prime minister Hazem el-Beblawi.

Gulf Arab states have showered Egypt with billions of dollars since the army toppled President Mohamed Mursi of the Muslim Brotherhood in July.

The funds have kept the economy afloat during political turmoil which has hit investment and tourism hard.

Egypt will announce within days details of a second stimulus package since Mursi was ousted, its finance minister said on Tuesday, aiming to boost tepid growth rates and reassure investors.

The economy grew by just 1.04 percent in the three months through last September from a year earlier, according to central bank data.

Saudi Arabia to give Egypt up to $4-billion more aid: report - The Globe and Mail

Al saud show their real face people though they are on syrian people side until what they sow their support to Egyptian military they side with Syrians against bashar at the same time they side with sisi against Egyptian

Al saud show their real face people though they are on syrian people side until what they sow their support to Egyptian military they side with Syrians against bashar at the same time they side with sisi against Egyptian

Why do Saudi Arabian and Egyptian ties (two neighbors and two brotherly Muslim and Arab countries with ancient ties) concern you as an Iranian?

What you are writing is not correct anyway.

@Frogman @Mahmoud_EGY @agentny17

I just copied what I read from Saudi on Facebook his words not mine

What? Yes, there are many Saudi Arabians who support the MB and I have no problem with them. I am neither for or against them. But when a richer/stronger party helps a brotherly fellow Muslim and Arab country, moreover a neighbor, in a situation of need I can never criticize it despite KSA not getting a lot out of it. The intention is good.

One can only hope that Egypt will somehow repay that support one day. At least they helped us many times in history so this is the least we can do for them.

Last edited:
And how is it going to the Egyptian people?
You know as well as the whole world knows,its going to the military rulers.
The people will still have to pay for it(gas/oil).

What do you think?

The government is the institution that is ruling a country and providing for the people. Not any other state institution.

No, it is not. It is going to Egypt and thus the people. Soon there will be a election in Egypt and the new constitution was just voted in by a large majority.

What is the problem?

Anyway this is between KSA and Egypt and nobody else.

And how is it going to the Egyptian people?
You know as well as the whole world knows,its going to the military rulers.
The people will still have to pay for it(gas/oil).

additional aid in the form of central bank deposits and petroleum products

Fuel and gas are heavily subsidised by the state, more than half the states budget goes on subsidy of fuel and essential goods for its citizens.

What do you think?

The government is the institution that is ruling a country and providing for the people. Not any other state institution.

No, it is not. It is going to Egypt and thus the people. Soon there will be a election in Egypt and the new constitution was just voted in by a large majority.

What is the problem?
The problem?
There is no problem,saying it goes to the people is a hollywood fantasy and thats a fact not a problem.

additional aid in the form of central bank deposits and petroleum products.

Fuel and gas are heavily subsidised by the state, more than half the states budget goes on subsidy of fuel and essential goods for its citizens.
What do you personally think where the money goes to?

Back
Top Bottom