ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
1484916144.jpg

KSA
Fri, 20 Jan 2017

Saudi Arabia, Russia, arms talks and S-400 deal

There is talk that Saudi Deputy Crown Prince and Defence Minister Mohammad Bin Salman Bin Abdulaziz would like to reactivate arms talks with Russia, including notably the talks about the purchase of the S-400 air defence system in favor of the Royal Saudi Air Defence Force (RSADF). The following 361-word report sheds more light on the subject and tells what about the S-400 deal.

- See more at: http://www.tacticalreport.com/view_...alks-and-S-400-deal/5267#sthash.TXjmPfpB.dpuf

If this happens, it will effect relation between iran, Russia. This deal is unlikely, saudi arabia will continue purchasing western equipment.

I think Saudi Arabia should by Iskander Missiles and Air Defence systems and may latest version of T-90 and newly revealed IFV for its Saudi National Guards.

KSA will most likely to get Western technology .. and i doubt Russians will be Selling their Top notch Air Defense system to KSA so American can get their hands on ..

KSA will most likely to get Western technology .. and i doubt Russians will be Selling their Top notch Air Defense system to KSA so American can get their hands on ..

saudi arabia buy a lo of eq from china and ukreine
even we have a jv with ukreine

I think Saudi Arabia should by Iskander Missiles and Air Defence systems and may latest version of T-90 and newly revealed IFV for its Saudi National Guards.

we alredy supporting ukreine in theeir tactical missile grom
its matter of time

saudi arabia buy a lo of eq from china and ukreine
even we have a jv with ukreine

Any Significant Buy you can tell me ?
Plus the thread is About S-400 which is Russian .. not Ukraine nor china

dongfeng-3
dongfeng-21
dongfeng-11
uav's

1044029834.jpg

Ukrainian Media Claim New Grom-2 Short Range Missile System 'Can Strike Moscow'
© Wikipedia/
Military & Intelligence
15:58 16.11.2016(updated 16:03 16.11.2016) Get short URL
Ukrainian media has been tantalizing readers over the fantastical promise of the new 'Grom-2' ('Thunder') short-range missile system. The weapon, according to reports, will allow Kiev to 'change the strategic balance'. Asked to comment, respected military analyst Konstantin Sivkov told Sputnik that Kiev's ambitions are really all bark and no bite.
The new weapon, reportedly financed by Saudi Arabia, is designed to compete with Russia's advanced Iskander short-range ballistic missile (SRBM) system. Speaking to Ukrainian media, analysts have boasted that the new system, whose testing could start as soon as next month, will be able to compete with the Russian system, and at a lower cost.

As a principle we should avoid buying any weapons from Russia as long as Putin is around due to their stance in Syria. Or well-known and decade old crimes in occupied Caucasus. That's just me talking and I know that such opinions don't matter the slighest when it comes to geopolitics. I have nothing against Russia or Russians but I can't support Russian policies in Syria or what they have been doing in Caucasus for generations.

Anyway there are better alternatives such as the West.

What's better there is China and Ukraine.

I believe that KSA will definitely go for the Grom-2 missile system that we are rumored to help finance. This would fit well into the current policy and make sense given other military ventures (Antonov) etc.

Ukraine is also willing to do JV's and TOT.

Unless Russia, out of the sudden, is willing to offer JV's and TOT and in general increase military ties with KSA. That is very doubtful.

Rather focus on China and Ukraine first and foremost when it comes to partners and also Turkey.

Well I do suggest Saudis spend some time and view some local US channels and their views on Saudi Arabia , I am sure the general population will start to view the other side of glass half full.

I think there is lesson to be learned in Egypt's policy of diversification of their Armed forces's assets better Western/Russian/ Chinese. It is a formula that works well to generally safe guard strategic interest.

Up in States there is strong anti Saudi Sentiment growing which includes banning all oil from Saudi Arabia. Not long ago there was a witch hunt to Blame Saudia for some past criminal activites by some rougue entities which had been banned by Saudi government long time ago.

Last edited:
Well I do suggest Saudis spend some time and view some local US channels and their views on Saudi Arabia , I am sure the general population will start to view the other side of glass half full.

The common American knows nothing about KSA and is indifferent to it. 100.000's of Saudi Arabians have been studying in the US since the 1960's and the hate crimes can be counted on 2 hands. The average person has no power anyway in any country and are of no importance when leaders and the elite discuss geopolitics.

Besides the average redneck shares the exact same opinions about every majority Muslim country, all Muslims and dare I say most if not all non-Western countries.

Anyway it is not like there is only the US or Russia out there.

There is a certain country called China, which is KSA's biggest trade partner and one of our most trusted and well-liked partners (Saudi Arabians have very positive opinions about China as per all surveys available on the subject) or a growing partner like Ukraine and many others be they Indonesia or Turkey to make a few examples.

Fact of the matter is that Russia has nothing to offer than others cannot offer and moreover they would most likely be unwilling to offer any kind of JV's or TOT which is what KSA is looking for increasingly as per the Saudi Vision 2030 and the goal to be 50% self-sufficient by 2030 in terms of defense.

Nor does Russian weaponry fit into our current arsenal. This "news" makes no sense IMO unless there is something going on that we don't know much about.

A proper startegy of course is deal with all folks and not just bottle neck into one country

Why is all the news I hear regarding Saudi about some sort of arms deal?

Saudi military's poor performance in Yemen should be a wake up call that they should invest their money elsewhere.

Back
Top Bottom