What's new

SAUDI ARABIA REPORTEDLY INTERESTED IN THE JF-17 THUNDER

Bro its very logical what I'm saying.

Earlier in the year the government put the question to the parliament about involving ourselves in another conflict and response was a big no. Even the military leadership said that getting involved in Yemen is going to be a disaster for Pak because then it will mean being surrounded by India, Afg and Iran all hostile towards us.

now you are coming on here saying you have some super knowledge that the Saudi AF is only buying jf17's if the pilots come with them so we start doing operations in Yemen. How do you expect anyone to believe you without any links to back up your argument.
Whatever we have decided they (Saudis) want to change it by bribing a good deal, You got my point what I want to say.

you are just spreading false propaganda against the Saudis for no reason
I am not spreading any thing against any country just sharing a pick of the mouth from the sources who have credible info.

I think it is fair to say that sonmething has gone down. Whether it is related to the upcoming twin seater and its utillity as a lead in trainer or whether the new AESA radar has tipped the balance in JFTs favour. Its price remains very competitive even after Saudi toys which they might want. One of the things that just struck me is whether the Saudis are using their clout to get the Middle eastern allies to get an EJ200 driven and kitted out JFT with 9 stations as a work horse for the middle eastern governments with overhauling facilities set up in Saudia. Now that would be an interesting proposition.
A

and i think it make sense cause KSA cant just keep purchasing or Aiding the Weaker countries in ME .. Egypt and Morocco .. With JFT and its Assembly in KSA will give those ME countries to get their hands of a very potent tech that too in good numbers , and it will be helping Pakistan as well , and they can ask for favors in return ..

with EFT and F-15 on order and Tornado being upgraded, there seems to be no space or requirement for JF-17.
Its not about Saudis don't want it. JFT offers many advantages
1-True ToPT as against limited ToT
2-Cost effective option for ongoing air ops in Yamen
3-Zero strings and full weapons spectrum ensuring the use as RSAF pleases.
Especially given Suadis are using Tornadoes, JFT is a safer and economical.

no mate, the army and parliament made it very clear earlier in the year that Pakistan won't be getting involved in the yemen conflict.

with or without the Saudis buying the jf17

If our Govt do not want to participate in the Yemen conflict they won't sell their military equipment to KSA.

I am not spreading any thing against any country just sharing a pick of the mouth from the sources who have credible info.
As I said earlier we need to wait and watch this situation for a clearer picture to emerge. Important thing is JFT is catching the eye of various countries, but we need to see interest transform into sale. This will take time.
A

Its not about Saudis don't want it. JFT offers many advantages
1-True ToPT as against limited ToT
2-Cost effective option for ongoing air ops in Yamen
3-Zero strings and full weapons spectrum ensuring the use as RSAF pleases.
Especially given Suadis are using Tornadoes, JFT is a safer and economical.

Saudis can get TOT for any fighter plane they want. Cost and being economical is not an issue for RSAF. USA deals with Saudis differently than it deals with Pakistan.
RSAF can load an F-15 with double payload and still maintain a good range compared to a JF-17.

JF-17 would have made an impact if they required a few high end fighters and hundreds of light fighters.

all 3 fighters yo have named are twin engine deep strike fighters.

Saudis don't have a single engine fighter with low operational costs. JF17 fits in perfectly with their demands.

Also jf17 will be the only saudi fighter that probably won't face any sanctions in war time.

RSAF always had/has an option for single engine fighter with low operational cost, and it didnt go for it.

I am not sure if a single engine light fighter fits RSAF "demand".

RSAF will not face sanction any way in war. Its armed to the teeth to fight Iran.

They have a problem, it's called reduce operational costs.
American planes are expensive to operate in the sky, and on the ground too in terms of logistics, spares,
personnel and ammunition.

They will retain the expensive toys for when they will be required.

Lately they have also realized a scenario whereby western powers may retract support ( Presseler amendment V 2.0 ).
thus causing huge problems to Saudi Arabia.

If operational cost was such an issue, RSAF wouldnt have gone for EFT batches rather a single engine light fighter to support F-15's.

Saudis Next fighter will be

F15 Silent eagle . The Saudis are paying $250 million each for over 80 planes

Beyond this deal Saudi is looking to add another 70 Euro Fighter Typhoons at a cost of $28 billion with weapns training and maintenance thrown in

The JF17 does not fit into Saudi air force doctrine concept of Today and certainly not for Future Saudi Air power doctrine

Can't share, Just heard this somewhere.
Even my source saying they are now offering if Pakistan accept their offer they would allow Jets and pilots to participate in conflict against India.
Total jets they are requesting is about 36 to 40. Just another attempt to use Pakistanis against Houthis in Yemen.

Now they want our pilots to do the job since region is very hostile and we have best pilots to do that job, further they want to involve Pakistan in Yemen conflict to make sure Pakistan would never help or support Iran.
This offer is just a bribe your own jets your own pilots but we ill pay even you can use jets and pilots in conflict with India.
I doubt it is the reason, they have potent drones now!

sorry for being off topic but EAF seems a better contender for JFT.

just say iran has made a quantum jump and they have developed some plane ready to attack you buy our jf 17 and it be sold to highest bidder a saudi in audi.

Back
Top Bottom