What's new

Saudi Arabia keen to buy JF-17 Thunder fighter from Pakistan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Saudi Arabia keen to buy JF-17s, then I guess the stories are really true the oil is really drying up :P
Even people are now saying that there are clear signs that Saudi Arabia might release the real and original country of Hijazz where Makkah and Madina are present. And they will rule Najd as KSA :)

Felling cool now.

true, i agree with you the jf17 is perfect. it's a light multirole fighter also the dual seat version can possibly be used for a lift program so yeah, win win but they will use ej200 engines instead of rd-93

What difference ej200 engines will bring to JF-17s performance?? Do ej200 need to be modified for use in a single engine plane??

If KSA went for JF-17s and with western equipments like Vixen-1000E/Raven AESA Radar and advance more reliable western engine then JF-17 will become very potent 4++ gen jet.

What difference ej200 engines will bring to JF-17s performance?? Do ej200 need to be modified for use in a single engine plane??

If KSA went for JF-17s and with western equipments like Vixen-1000E/Raven AESA Radar and advance more reliable western engine then JF-17 will become very potent 4++ gen jet.
if you look at the rd 93 engine 79 kn dry and 98 wet and the ej200 which is 60kn dry and 90kn wet . it makes sense to choose the rd93 as its more powerful as it is. but ksa already operates the ej200 on the eft. and the rd93 does not have a complete combustion hence the smoke trail to find on the rd93 engine .also the ej200 is already being upgraded to 78kn dry and 120 wet and thats very powerful. even more powerful than the ws-13.

china is know for making it export products in a modular aspect this means customers can choose what they want on their desired jet. and if an aesa radar can fit, then yes you can have it on the jf17. but block 3 jf17 are already having aesa radars so it make sense to buy them. and the ej200 engine being able to fit on the jet read the link below.

JF-17 Presses On After News of Egypt's Plans

if you look at the rd 93 engine 79 kn dry and 98 wet and the ej200 which is 60kn dry and 90kn wet . it makes sense to choose the rd93 as its more powerful as it is. but ksa already operates the ej200 on the eft. and the rd93 does not have a complete combustion hence the smoke trail to find on the rd93 engine .also the ej200 is already being upgraded to 78kn dry and 120 wet and thats very powerful. even more powerful than the ws-13.

china is know for making it export products in a modular aspect this means customers can choose what they want on their desired jet. and if an aesa radar can fit, then yes you can have it on the jf17. but block 3 jf17 are already having aesa radars so it make sense to buy them. and the ej200 engine being able to fit on the jet read the link below.

JF-17 Presses On After News of Egypt's Plans

Vixen 1000E was offered for JF-17 that is why I think ME clients can go for western avionics and as you mentioned ej200 engine can be a possibility too, so a good light 4++ gen jet for them to be used as work horse.

If it is sold to some ME country which want western systems, will it be possible for manufacturers of ef-200 to upgrade the engine output specifically for single engine jet??

Vixen 1000E was offered for JF-17 that is why I think ME clients can go for western avionics and as you mentioned ej200 engine can be a possibility too, so a good light 4++ gen jet for them to be used as work horse.

If it is sold to some ME country which want western systems, will it be possible for manufacturers of ef-200 to upgrade the engine output specifically for single engine jet??
the vixen 100e radar is a good radar and is something potential middle eastern clients may want along with avionics. but then this significantly increases the price of the jet and does not justify paying for it as they can purchase a block52+ f16. the jf 17 was intended for clients to replace the j-7 and those who would want a cheap multi role fighter.
i know pakistan is in talks with rolls royce regarding the engine but i doubt any thing will come of it.

as ksa has a huge amount of money they would not bother with it. the f15 and the eft are the backbone of the ksa, the size of the country is huge so the jets would need to travel long distances for it missions. thats something the jf17 cant do and what the f15 and eft can do. the jf17 may be used as a lift perhaps but then you have the t-50 which is better as a lift jet, as its lift specific.

they (KSA) may be able to use it (JF17) for use at bases near international borders, then yes its viable option.

the thing i find strange is ksa is a very good friend to pakistan but they dont buy any of your weapons in bulk 150 tanks is nothing as compared to about 500 m1 tanks.
Request Rejected

This is a supposedly a defence forum, and not even some senior posters have the idea that F-15 or Typhoon are different class fighters, they can never be replace by JF-17.
China also do not need JF-17 just because it doesn't fit to their doctrine.
While JF-17 suits perfectly to small countries.

This deal will be more like Friends wid benefits for both countries ......either jf 17 will be end up as Lift fighter or it will be more like KSA will give business by buying these planes and in favour will ask commitments from pakistan to fight for ksa against ISIS or Houtis...or anyone..

JF-17 is the best replacement for their Fighter Jet F-5. Euro Fighter is way to advanced and expensive and also KSA can get JF-17 with complete TOT, which in the end would give big boost and also experience to Saudi Defence industry.
Why anyone replace eurofighter only 2 years old yaar plz make some sense at once yes may be for Tornado which RSAF has it 2 decades ago its sgeing to end

Re bhai apna territory to defend kar le..pehele....har din log marte hain terrorrist attack se tere desh me...
What has happened in my country is a catastrophy where it has become the playground of international vested interests. But this is besides the point. I will accept the mistakes Pakistan has made during the last 40 yrs willingly because I am not the one to usurp others territories and call it "my atoot ang"!! But again we are not discussing that. If you want to discuss our weaknesses regarding the WOT open a thread and I will respond. However the point in contention is Saudi Arabia and its acquisition of JFT. Shall we return to that!!

What has happened in my country is a catastrophy where it has become the playground of international vested interests. But this is besides the point. I will accept the mistakes Pakistan has made during the last 40 yrs willingly because I am not the one to usurp others territories and call it "my atoot ang"!! But again we are not discussing that. If you want to discuss our weaknesses regarding the WOT open a thread and I will respond. However the point in contention is Saudi Arabia and its acquisition of JFT. Shall we return to that!!
well said, i see my previous post that will explain.
Saudi Arabia keen to buy JF-17 Thunder fighter from Pakistan | Page 6

TBH if this deal is done it's just to support the jf-17 program and support pak , because they don't really need it they Got typhoons tranche 2 and 3 , F-15 SA and other , Tornado

Jf 17 is prfect low cost fighter to go with their impressive array of high end f15s and typhoons...
It builds the numbers ... imagine 200 jf17s to augment their high enders....it would be a force to recon with at a fraction of cost...

Also the impressive anti ship line up offered with jf 17 is not available with even their top end fighters...another huge benifit is of TOT....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom