What's new

Saudi Arabia donates $100 mn to U.N. anti-terror centre

Arabian Legend

Reaction score
Country
Saudi Arabia
Saudi Arabia donates $100 mn to U.N. anti-terror centre

RIYADH: King Abdullah of Saudi Arabia has announced a further donation of $100 million to set up a United Nations centre for fighting terrorism, Saudi media reported on Thursday.

135403_mainimg.jpg

Saudi Arabia signed an agreement with the U.N. in 2011 to create the centre and the oil-rich Gulf monarchy has already donated $10 million towards its launch.

"I announce a donation from the kingdom of Saudi Arabia of $100 million to support this centre and work for its activation under the umbrella of the United Nations," King Abdullah said in a speech marking Eid al-Fitr, the holiday celebrating the end of the Muslim holy fasting month of Ramadan, quoted by official news agency SPA.

The king called on the international community to support the centre "to get rid of the forces of hatred, extremism and criminality".

Abdullah floated the idea for the centre in 2005. Saudi Arabia was hit by a wave of attacks attributed to Al-Qaeda militants between 2003 and 2005, and has made fighting terrorism one of its top priorities.

Saudi Arabia donates $100 mn to U.N. anti-terror centre | News , Middle East | THE DAILY STAR

Ban thankful for Saudi generous counter-terrorism contribution

UNITED NATIONS, Aug 8 (KUNA) -- Secretary General Ban Ki-moon expressed sincere gratitude to King Abdullah Bin Abdulaziz of Saudi Arabia for his announcement Wednesday of a generous new financial contribution of USD 100 million for United Nations Counter Terrorism efforts.
"The Secretary-General expresses his appreciation for the significant contribution the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia is making under the wise leadership of the King to strengthen international peace and security, especially in the global fight against terrorism," a UN statement said.

"As a founding Member State of the United Nations, Saudi Arabia has consistently supported United Nations efforts around the world in many different fields. This latest contribution will greatly strengthen the capacity of the United Nations to assist Member States through the United Nations Counter-Terrorism Centre (UNCCT) and other relevant UN bodies in implementing the UN Global Counter Terrorism Strategy, adopted by the UN General Assembly in 2006.

"The Secretary-General reaffirms his commitment to continue to work with all Member States through relevant United Nations Counter Terrorism bodies to strengthen the international community's efforts to combat the global scourge of terrorism," the statement concluded.

The UNCCT was established in 2011 to assist in meeting capacity-building needs of Member States, and to strengthen United Nations' counter-terrorism expertise. The Centre engages with broad spectrum of counter terrorism related issues. (end) hb.rk KUNA 081012 Aug 13NNNN

Bhawawwawawawawawawwwawwawawa exatcly my thoughts........ biggest instigators of global terror, donating money for bandages.... oh well.... this is how the world rolls nowadays..... :woot:

There is this Urdu mahavra I can't seem to remember.... something like - --- --- churri baghal main!!!!!

how IRONIC :laughcry::omghaha:

holy baby jesus!!!!! (im a muslim btw:yay:)

these guys want to kill us by this joke!!! im dying of lagh!!!!!!!!:rofl:

Last edited by a moderator:
There is this Urdu mahavra I can't seem to remember.... something like - --- ---churri baghal main!!!!!
u mean "muh mein ram ram bagal mein churi" ???
@Alpha1 lets see if u can tell me the history behind this mahawra ??? :azn:

LOL.... dude, you can stand up side down, sing a duet.... fart out daisies and NO ONE on this earth will believe you that you are not the true terrorists under guise...

@Armstrong @Secur @Oscar @Dillinger ... please do feel free to further elaborate...
@muse, where in hell are you? :blink:

Don't be a hater. :astagh:

They've never set up any terror org that's targeted us unlike a certain country. :angel:

On the other hand- all that funding going into so many madrasas, makes one wonder.

It wasn't KSA that sheltered OBL for almost a decade was it? :laughcry:

Reactions to the death of Osama bin Laden - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

No, they just have his extended family who thrive in prosperity..

But they did finance all this top lieutenants for training and they sent those character into Afghanistan which started the problem for the whole world. Not to mention financing the breeding grounds off their shores in our lands thanks to Kalb-e-Khadim-Harmain's like Zia.

Even if they acted nasty toward us, Pakistan is the biggest victim of terror that mainly came from the Arab Afghan, and the Taliban. Therefore, we can't say that Pakistan is a state sponsoring terrorism, but rather a state that harbors indigenous and foreign radical elements. Another thing is what the West intentionally ignores was the role the Pakistan intelligence played to get to Bin Laden.
It wasn't KSA that sheltered OBL for almost a decade was it? :laughcry:

Reactions to the death of Osama bin Laden - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Becarefull, It's better be we(muslim) fight them(Terrorist) on our own
Kuffar can used this problems as an excuse to wage war on Islam

KSA is the founder of the counter terrorism center in the UN.

LOL.... dude, you can stand up side down, sing a duet.... fart out daisies and NO ONE on this earth will believe you that you are not the true terrorists under guise...

@Armstrong @Secur @Oscar @Dillinger ... please do feel free to further elaborate...
@muse, where in hell are you? :blink:

Let me just drop it here: The anti-terror center was founded by King Abduallah of KSA in 2005 and we have contributed in the establishment process and donated more than anyone else, now I don't think we are doing it for fun.

Anyway, You heard the man, that 100 million will help reduce terrorism activities in places like pakistan, Afghanistan, Iraq, Yemen and elsewhere as well as reduce incentives of domestic groups to engage in, cracking down on terrorists sponsoring states like Iran.

Peace.

These days, Al-Qaida and their affiliates don't have much money to launch terror attacks, unlike Hezbollah or the Hauthis, and to some extents Al-Nusra Front ..
Let me just drop it here: The anti-terror center was founded by King Abduallah of KSA in 2005 and we have contributed in the establishment process and donated more than anyone else, now I don't think we are doing it for fun.

Anyway, You heard the man, that 100 million will help reduce terrorism activities in places like pakistan, Afghanistan, Iraq, Yemen and elsewhere as well as reduce incentives of domestic groups to engage in, cracking down on terrorists sponsoring states like Iran.

Peace.

Back
Top Bottom