What's new

Saudi Arabia awards $22.5 bln contracts to build Riyadh metro

KSU housing units? Hahaha I hope so ;)

You aren't that far away from where I live, less than 20ish mins or so.
Huh ...
You can actually see my home from these pictures.
For all this time I thought that the empty piece of land in front of Ghadeer could be turned in a park, that is what people use it for now.

It is going to be a metro station.

Gulf Cooperation Council’s Planned Rail Network

Concrete and steel

Credit goes to Bubblegum Crisis for collecting the information in the GCC development thread.

Are all these rail lines going to be high speed, or are some conventional lines?

Oh and, is the 22.5 billion just for the infrastructure or are trains and wagons included?

Are all these rail lines going to be high speed, or are some conventional lines?

Oh and, is the 22.5 billion just for the infrastructure or are trains and wagons included?

Please see the first photo in the post of mine that you have quoted to get the answer.

I think that everything is included in that amount of money. But I am actually not 100% sure. It would surprise me if it was not.

Save PetroDollars , When Oil Reserve would come to end it will help Saudi People ! , Saudi Don't Have much Potential of Human Professionals , Education System is Religious , No tourism from Western countries Future will be very hard.

Save PetroDollars , When Oil Reserve would come to end it will help Saudi People ! , Saudi Don't Have much Potential of Human Professionals , Education System is Religious , No tourism from Western countries Future will be very hard.

Keep your ignorance for yourself would ya.

İmproving infrstructure is the basic and one of the most important foundations to improve industrialization.
Please refrain from talking if you don't know the basics of economy and development.

Please see the first photo in the post of mine that you have quoted to get the answer.

I think that everything is included in that amount of money. But I am actually not 100% sure. It would surprise me if it was not.

Well the map shows only that one rail line is high speed, which İ doubt.
That's why İ'm asking.

Another Hindu that meddles in Arab, Semitic and Muslim business that is none of his business and shows his ignorance.

KSA is the biggest recipient of religious tourism in the world. MILLIONS of people from across the world visit KSA for hajj. Even without that and if a few rules were changed KSA has a ENORMOUS potential for tourism since the nature is diverse, unspoiled and alone the coastline is 3000 km long with tropical beaches and hundreds of islands in the beautiful Red Sea which btw has the second biggest coral reef in the world after the Great Barrier Reef in Australia. Not to mention our strategical location.

http://www.defence.pk/forums/arab-defence/222471-saudi-arabia-pictures-35.html

Besides we are secured for the future in terms of investments abroad in the billions, we have an unmatched potential in terms of wind and solar energy etc. Not to mention all the natural reserves and growing educated population. If I was an Indian I would worry about the 500 million fellow countrymen who live without toilets, clean water and under the poverty line and are starving. More than anywhere else.

İmproving infrstructure is the basic and one of the most important foundations to improve industrialization.
Please refrain from talking if you don't know the basics of economy and development.

Well the map shows only that one rail line is high speed, which İ doubt.
That's why İ'm asking.

Don't waste your time with that clown, bro.

Yes, let me specify. Most if will be high-speed. In fact all of it. 200 km/h diesel trains are planned to travel across borders to boost trade etc.

Ya i know infrastructure is necessary for industrialization. But Metro Project in 22 billion naaaaa it's over Priced Project from Western Companies.

Be careful Most Important Thing to keep industrialization alive is Human Power , Professionals, Friendly Environment , without them this heavy Over Priced infrastructure will become cancer for Economy in Future.

Congrats Saudis

Building metro is always a very good initiate. Saudi Arabia need to build metro in Jeddah and Madinah as well.

Is this the most expensive Metro Project in the world... $22 billion ? I'm surprised to see U.S involved in this project. I didn't know a corporation like Bechtel makes Metro... If you ask me, their own cities need to have such system

Is this the most expensive Metro Project in the world... $22 billion ? I'm surprised to see U.S involved in this project. I didn't know a corporation like Bechtel makes Metro... If you ask me, their own cities need to have such system

guess what Companies are US based !

Back
Top Bottom