What's new

Saudi Arabia awards $22.5 bln contracts to build Riyadh metro

Besides what I find most astonishing about this project is the fact that this will now connect nearly all parts of KSA with each other in the giant country that is KSA. In terms of public transport. Let us assume that I am in Riyadh. If I want to go to Makkah and Madinah or the Hijaz region to visit the beautiful Red Sea, ancient villages, the mountains, volcanic areas, steppes and deserts etc., I take a direct top modern train and I am there in a question of hours. If I want to visit the Southwest and the tropical areas there I take another train. If I want to go to the Eastern Province along the Gulf I take a train in that direction. Same goes with the South, North etc.

It gives people the opportunity to travel and explore their own country. There is so much to see. Even for me and I have travelled to nearly every region. On the long run it can create so many tourists from the country itself to abroad when certain laws are changed. Who knows what the country will look like in 5-10 years? Or 15 years?

Let alone connections to Jordan as mentioned, Syria, Palestine in the future (Inshallah), Iraq when it gets save there, Kuwait, Bahrain, Qatar, Oman, Yemen etc. Maybe in the future direct ship lines between KSA and Iran will exist when we settle the scores?

I just hope that the transportation will be cheap. I don't really care about the extravagance. Just let it be functional, long-lasting etc.

yaar ek gal thay dasoo aa koi kam bagair BILLION $ lagaye kar sakhday nay ???

Sir,

They are spending their billions to build their infrastructure where as Paksitan got it free from British and what did we do with it? THey are building world class metro tracks for the benefit of the citizens and the expats whereas in Pakistan how many times Metro project was tendered and cancelled and in the end just one city gets Metro Bus. Countries are going towards Metro and common regional rail networks (GCC rail network as an example) and we are still running buses with word metro attached to it to fool the people.

Where are our billions going? In swiss accoutns.

Every city of Pakistan can be a Singapore only if we get a leader who understands that every country has it's own "oil" or shall we say in another word natural resources, and even if a country does not have any natural resources a capable leader will still make his nation listed among top nations of the world, a very small example is Singapore. How much oil do they have? how much natural resources do they have? Compare the standard of the common man living their with that of the common man in Pakistan.

See the below video and try to understand what i am trying to say. The theme of the episode is Secrets of Singapore.

If you want another exmple take a look at Japan it is almost half the size of Pakistan and population is almost the same as Pakistan.

Last edited by a moderator:
Let us see if this project will be actually successful before taking it as an example. It is a HUGE project. Biggest of its kind in the world so let us wait and see.

Gulf Cooperation Council’s Planned Rail Network

Concrete and steel

Credit goes to Bubblegum Crisis for collecting the information in the GCC development thread.

Saudi Arabia awards $22.5 bln contracts to build Riyadh metro

Does that mean there would be less to fork out on j****i madrassas across the globe? That has to be good news.

Everybody is mad at us :lol:
Does that mean there would be else to fork out on ****** madrassas across the globe? That has to be good news.

Like always, a rant is here and rant is there. Actually you are in our madrasa ever since you were born! But you don't realize it yet!!

Everybody is mad at us :lol:

Like always, a rant is here and rant is there. Actually you are in our madrasa ever since you were born! But you don't realize it yet!!

I seriously think there should be a time when Saudis should be sued for all the damage they have done to the world including to Pakistan. Also criminal prosecution of Saudi elite is in order.

Hmm, interesting. But I do think we should hang the PPP first. :D
I seriously think there should be a time when Saudis should be sued for all the damage they have done to the world including to Pakistan. Also criminal prosecution of Saudi elite is in order.

Stop destroying this thread with off-topic nonsense, Mullah.

PPP has its weaknesses but its not in the same class as wahabi terrorist outfit. PPP are pretty lame in comparison.

Well, we wish all the best to Pakistan and its people, anyway let just not derail the thread, nice talking to you man.

@Arabian Legend

The train is dedicated to the new expansion projects, places like IMBS Uni, Riyadh's financial Center, and so on.

Luckily, I will return to Riyadh when the project is done :yay:

Huh ...
You can actually see my home from these pictures.
For all this time I thought that the empty piece of land in front of Ghadeer could be turned in a park, that is what people use it for now.

It is going to be a metro station.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom