What's new

Saker Family of Saudi UAVs

This wasn't what the KACST said on his interview with Dawood Al-Shiryani

he can say what he wants . reality is when aramco came to them the aircraft crashed on testing ( this was the 4th hull loss)

This wasn't what the KACST said on his interview with Dawood Al-Shiryani

the aircraft apprently has issues with its datalink system and since there is no department in KACST dealing with it properly . well its a bust sadly

he can say what he wants . reality is when aramco came to them the aircraft crashed on testing ( this was the 4th hull loss)

the aircraft apprently has issues with its datalink system and since there is no department in KACST dealing with it properly . well its a bust sadly

If you calim what you are saying is true, relying on info we don't know, then I'm taking your word for granted.

However, even though that I'm not assigned to the armed forces directly, I do know that the MoD has a greatly modified versions of Luna UAVs, built locally.

If you calim what you are saying is true, relying on info we don't know, then I'm taking your word for granted.

However, even though that I'm not assigned to the armed forces directly, I do know that the MoD has a greatly modified versions of Luna UAVs, built locally.

The Luna project is based on a German design from a small company that is in trouble ever since the main designer and owner had health issues

The most important aspect of UAV's are the electronic systems on board . so I would have to say they are as good as the equipment on board .

I thought so. They've been working on it tirelessly.

By the way, It's been built in Kharj.

You don't need to take anything for granted:

EMT Luna X-2000

800px-LUNA_UAV.jpg

Luna X 2000 is a German unmanned aerial vehicle (UAV) in service with the Bundeswehr (German Army) and produced by EMT Penzberg of Germany.

It is intended for close reconnaissance (over the hill, up to 65 km away), transmitting live video data (visual or infrared) or taking higher resolution still images, but it can also perform other tasks such as particle sampling, ESM/Electronic countermeasures (radio/radar jamming), depending on its payload.

The UAV is launched with a simple bungee catapult and then follows a preprogrammed course, that can be altered in flight if necessary. After its mission it automatically lands with the help of a parachute and impact dampers.

Luna X UAVs are in use by German KFOR forces since 2000 and are also used by German troops in Afghanistan.
In mid-2009 the German Army ordered another 4 systems with a total of 40 UAVs.

EMT Luna X-2000 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

If you ask me, I would take German army choice over what that guy says.

Bro, we were talking about the Saker drone.

I'm well aware about Luna's performance.
You don't need to take anything for granted:

EMT Luna X-2000

800px-LUNA_UAV.jpg

Luna X 2000 is a German unmanned aerial vehicle (UAV) in service with the Bundeswehr (German Army) and produced by EMT Penzberg of Germany.

It is intended for close reconnaissance (over the hill, up to 65 km away), transmitting live video data (visual or infrared) or taking higher resolution still images, but it can also perform other tasks such as particle sampling, ESM/Electronic countermeasures (radio/radar jamming), depending on its payload.

The UAV is launched with a simple bungee catapult and then follows a preprogrammed course, that can be altered in flight if necessary. After its mission it automatically lands with the help of a parachute and impact dampers.

Luna X UAVs are in use by German KFOR forces since 2000 and are also used by German troops in Afghanistan.
In mid-2009 the German Army ordered another 4 systems with a total of 40 UAVs.

EMT Luna X-2000 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

If you ask me, I would take German army choice over what that guy says.

I thought saw. They've been working on it tirelessly.

By the way, It's been built in Kharj.

its being assembled in ALkharj by MIC. and im telling you for a fact the infrastructure available currently cannot support the advancing nature of UAV comminucation systems as well as hardware . anyone can design an airframe . its whats in this airframe and its purpose that counts

its being assembled in ALkharj by MIC. and im telling you for a fact the infrastructure available currently cannot support the advancing nature of UAV comminucation systems as well as hardware . anyone can design an airframe . its whats in this airframe and its purpose that counts

I don't think anyone knows what's happening behind doors in AlKharj, unless you work there. The staff are supposed to keep their mouth shut, at least that's what I know.

I don't think anyone knows what's happening behind doors in AlKharj, unless you work there. The staff are supposed to keep their mouth shut, at least that's what I know.

well :) seems we have reached an interesting point in this conversation.

Since you said you worked for Al-Salam then perhaps you know something we don't know, so yeah :smart:

Anywho, no biggy.

nothing i say is a secret .if there were success stories they would be on the news ( they looooove to be in the news )

nothing i say is a secret .if there were success stories they would be on the news ( they looooove to be in the news )

You mean more like of a propaganda :lol: well, that's very usual, here and elsewhere. :lol:

You mean more like of a propaganda :lol: well, that's very usual, here and elsewhere. :lol:

take the dawood meeting . he said they sold to aramco and the border guard . if he said it on national tv then why didnt the news bring it up or confirm it later on . its no secret

Back
Top Bottom