What's new

Sahara India keen to come in 'a big way

Sovereign guarantee has nothing to do with policy change.

Sovereign guarantees are given by host governments to assure project lenders that the government will take certain actions or refrain from taking certain actions...

As I said, its a guarantee by the state, i.e. the sovereign, there are terms and conditions attached, case by case or as matter of policy for sectoral initiatives by a state. It does not mean a blank check. You are just assuming it is one without even having access to details.

As I said, given the mindset of BD ppl, its too risky. I don't even like sahara as a company, but I don't want an indian company held hostage to the very low level hatred based internal politics of BD.

Why they want to invest in a LDC like Bangladesh? Who'd buy those flats? :/

Sovereign guarantee has nothing to do with policy change.

You dont need to reinvest a single penny. You make whatever you can and take whatever yo like. Its Bangladesh. Just dont make us your spoon feeding daddy. No sovereign guarantee, get your own money and invest.

Its good that people like yourself are not deciding your countries policies...I know Bangladesh is a great country that solely survives on exporting garments, jute and jute-related goods, leather, frozen fish and seafood to First world..

But Great Bangladesh has to get integrated into world economy.....and no matter how poor Indians are according to you...we are the second fastest growing economy in the world as of today...and world is flocking to India to sell their Fighter jets to Cars to computers to almost any damn thing....We are here ...and we are your neighbors so we will have to join hands and live together...

Sovereign guarantees are given by host governments to assure project lenders that the government will take certain actions or refrain from taking certain actions...

As I said, its a guarantee by the state, i.e. the sovereign, there are terms and conditions attached, case by case or as matter of policy for sectoral initiatives by a state. It does not mean a blank check. You are just assuming it is one without even having access to details.

As I said, given the mindset of BD ppl, its too risky.

No you are wrong.

Sovereign guarantee is a banking term. When primary borrower borrows money from a bank they attache that sovereign guarantee as a mortgae of that loan. When primary borrower fails to pay off, then the state has to pay as state is the guarantor of that loan. If BD government provide me with a sovereign guarantee, any bank in the world will give me money withot mortgage.

Why they want to invest in a LDC like Bangladesh? Who'd buy those flats? :/

To make billions out of it!!!! N there is no shortage of people to buy flats in Bangladesh... of all type n size. You know people of Bangladesh are not as cheap as their neighboring state like west bengal who buy sweet counting numbers and by hilsha fish in partnership ....

One comment is enough to describe their mindset... "Khay asechen na jaye khaben" .... :rofl:

Its good that people like yourself are not deciding your countries policies...I know Bangladesh is a great country that solely survives on exporting garments, jute and jute-related goods, leather, frozen fish and seafood to First world..

But Great Bangladesh has to get integrated into world economy.....and no matter how poor Indians are according to you...we are the second fastest growing economy in the world as of today...and world is flocking to India to sell their Fighter jets to Cars to computers to almost any damn thing....We are here ...and we are your neighbors so we will have to join hands and live together...

I assure you, I will do whatever I have in my disposal to stop this deal go through if there is anything to do with sovereign guarantee. Dont think I am a keyboard nerd.

No you are wrong.

Sovereign guarantee is a banking term. When primary borrower borrows money from a bank they attache that sovereign guarantee as a mortgae of that loan. When primary borrower fails to pay off, then the state has to pay as state is the guarantor of that loan. If BD government provide me with a sovereign guarantee, any bank in the world will give me money withot mortgage.

What's the probability of Sahara defaulting and you defaulting?

What's the probability of Sahara defaulting and you defaulting?

Its not state's job to decide. If they have very less probability to default I am sure they can arrange money without sovereign guarantee.

Not everybody in the world are ignorant like Indians. When did India become the second fastest growing economy in the world? Is Indian economy growing faster than Qatar, China, or even Macau?

I assure you, I will do whatever I have in my disposal to stop this deal go through if there is anything to do with sovereign guarantee. Dont think I am a keyboard nerd.

What is Bangladesh's rating in world market...

Bangladesh retains Moody's rating | Business | bdnews24.com
http://www.thedailystar.net/newDesign/news-details.php?nid=220858

You are crying because its a company based out of India ...a country that you somehow hate otherwise Bangladesh has signed and given sovereign guarantees ..

Boeing asks Biman to get sovereign guarantee

Not everybody in the world are ignorant like Indians. When did India become the second fastest growing economy in the world? Is Indian economy growing faster than Qatar, China, or even Macau?

They had for couple of years.

To make billions out of it!!!! N there is no shortage of people to buy flats in Bangladesh... of all type n size. You know people of Bangladesh are not as cheap as their neighboring state like west bengal who buy sweet counting numbers and by hilsha fish in partnership ....

One comment is enough to describe their mindset... "Khay asechen na jaye khaben" .... :rofl:

That's so true. Bangladeshi "middle class" and "upper middle class" also tend to spend a greater percentage of their incomes on big ticket items and consumables than their counterparts in many countries of similar economic standing. In any case, I am strongly against allowing a radical saffron headband wearing Hindutva terrorist camp growing on Bangladeshi soil. We know very well what potential the Bangladeshi domestic "real estate/real property" industry has, so much so that many Bangladeshis fear that the rapid influx of multiple domestic/NRB companies into this sector and rapid development of areas outside Dhaka may be creating a 'bubble' of some sort.

It's those Hindutva radicals that are set to lose if they withdraw, Bangladesh stands to gain the most if radical Brahminist extremists are kept at bay.

They had for couple of years.

India never had the second fastest growing economy in the world in recent, modern recorded history of national accounts.
Qatar's GDP growth last year was around 20% or higher, same for Macau.
China's economic growth is also higher than India's (it has been this way for many decades).
There are at least a dozen other countries with higher GDP growth rates than India.
It's just that Indians and "Americans in the media" make more noise about India than many other countries.

I'd not comment on millions of illegal Bangladeshis in West Bengal.

Oh well I just did! :lol:

What is Bangladesh's rating in world market...

Bangladesh retains Moody's rating | Business | bdnews24.com
http://www.thedailystar.net/newDesign/news-details.php?nid=220858

Yo uare crying because its an a company based out of iNdia ...a country that you somehow hate otherwise Bangladesh has signed and given soverigin guarantees ..
Boeing asks Biman to get sovereign guarantee

I already mentioned about Biman a state owned company. But they had to wait 10 years to get govt nod despite a government owned company.
I have nothing against a Indian company. I will object even if it were a BD company.

Back
Top Bottom