What's new

Sahara India keen to come in 'a big way

seeking sovereign guarantee on a 16 billion dollar loan = planned looting. I'd understand if it was some European or american company but India....come on! they have states poorer than bangladesh. This is just a plot to loot money on a grand scale in collaboration with awami league.

sovereign guarantee: Government's guarantee that an obligation will be satisfied if the primary obligor defaults.

defaults: General: Failure to do something required by an agreement, in the performance of a duty, or under a law.

:chilli:This deal has corruption written all over it.

Sovereign Guarantee is a document on basis of which global banks will fund the project as it reduces their risk....even countries like China and America provide these Guarantees and ask for these guarantees... whats wrong if and India company is asking for it.

seeking sovereign guarantee on a 16 billion dollar loan = planned looting. I'd understand if it was some European or american company but India....come on! they have states poorer than bangladesh. This is just a plot to loot money on a grand scale in collaboration with awami league.

sovereign guarantee: Government's guarantee that an obligation will be satisfied if the primary obligor defaults.

defaults: General: Failure to do something required by an agreement, in the performance of a duty, or under a law.

:chilli:This deal has corruption written all over it.

Are you sure about this?? I do not think any government will take responsibility if the face loss or fail to deliver the project because of their own fault!!!

I am so far assuming that it will be something like giving guarantee that their investment will be protected in the country, the project will not be scrapped in the future and they can do the project the way they want in the specified land meeting all the local law and regulation.

I might have read somewhere there will also be a clause that the amount of money that it can take out as a profit.

Sovereign Guarantee is a document on basis of which global banks will fund the project as it reduces their risk....even countries like China and America provide these Guarantees and ask for these guarantees... whats wrong if and India company is asking for it.

What if they fail???

^^come on man! use your head....do we really need to invest on 8 new towns and cities where there are already numerous "model towns" already developing around dhaka? this is just a ploy for awami league government to steal money from Bangladesh; one last heist. Lookup "soverign guarantee" online. We need a lot more other things like a deep sea port, a metro system for dhaka, fixing our roads and bulding new ones before we need such towns.

^^come on man! use your head....do we really need to invest on 8 new towns and cities where there are already numerous "model towns" already developing around dhaka? this is just a ploy for awami league government to steal money from Bangladesh; one last heist. Lookup "soverign guarantee" online. We need a lot more other things like a deep sea port, a metro system for dhaka, fixing our roads and bulding new ones before we need such towns.

Any way of preventing this. ??:undecided::undecided:

If they come in convey while investing it was possible to blow the trucks.

Whatever it is,... BD people needs to do whatever possible necessary steps to curtail any foreign investment.

Good luck, god bless.

What if they fail???

If they fail: there is a separate clause in the agreement that deals with it. If the organization fails to deliver their part then they are liable for all the losses.. Sovereign Guarantees will only shield the investment from market driven and man made circumstances like Riots/wars...etc...

Its a private venture. global bank should fund Shahara not BD government. BD government was very reluctant to even provide guarantee to Bangladesh Biman a state owned company.

Instead of giving sovereign guarantee to Shahara, I am sure BD government will ask Shahara to deposit some amount of money to BD government as a guarantee to smooth and timely investment if they participate in PPP.

If they fail: there is a separate clause in the agreement that deals with it. If the organization fails to deliver their part then they are liable for all the losses.. Sovereign Guarantees will only shield the investment from market driven and man made circumstances like Riots/wars...etc...

I am sure Shahara will welcome Indian government's sovereign guarantee and will build 100s of new cities in India. Just go for it man.

^indian investment = looting.

Then allow India companies to loot.

Indian looting= investment.

162012_219799051443373_1795327950_q.jpg

This part has so far still not been cleared. I was also assuming the same thing. Why should government take responsibility if the company fail to deliver their part!!! As long as it is limited to man made obstacles and future guarantee for the project it is ok. But not taking responsibility of Shara if they do any scam.

I also think there should also be a clause what is the highest amount that they can take away as a profit.

Any way of preventing this. ??:undecided::undecided:

If they come in convey while investing it was possible to blow the trucks.

Whatever it is,... BD people needs to do whatever possible necessary steps to curtail any foreign investment.

Good luck, god bless.

We are posting 7% growth virtually with no FDI. Besides our current account balance is also positive unlike any south asian countries. So we dont have any compulsion.

This part has so far still not been cleared. I was also assuming the same thing. Why should government take responsibility if the company fail to deliver their part!!! As long as it is limited to man made obstacles and future guarantee for the project it is ok. But not taking responsibility of Shara if they do any scam.

I also think there should also be a clause what is the highest amount that they can take away as a profit.

100% repatriation of profit and investment is allowed in Bangldesh.

Do you know what is sovereign guarantee???

Besides investment is very safe in Bangldesh even for Shahara and they are protected by laws and treaties.

But scammers are not allowed and Shahara will be shown door if they push for sovereign gurantee.

I know what sovereign guarantee means, it does not mean a blank check.

A sovereign guarantee against policy change is only fair given the really weird mindset carried by lots of bangladeshis, like ''islamic brotherhood investments'' or why chinese deficit is awesome but indian is bad etc etc...

How many scams have Sahara done in past i remember there was on project they did not start on time that's why they were charged with fraud... http://www.financialexpress.com/news/saharas-subrata-roy-in-housing-scam/741566/

Buddy there is always a clause of reinvest a proportion of profits in local economy ...and every country has such clauses in their FDI policies. on top of that there are jobs...infrastructure built and other benefits of Large corporate entering into your country.

I wonder why people behave like this in today's world...we need open Markets ...open minds to grow to fullest potential.

I know what sovereign guarantee means, it does not mean a blank check.

A sovereign guarantee against policy change is only fair given the really weird mindset carried by lots of bangladeshis.

Sovereign guarantee has nothing to do with policy change.

How many scams have Sahara done in past i remember there was on project they did not start on time that's why they were charged with fraud... Sahara's Subrata Roy in housing 'scam'

Buddy there is always a clause of reinvest a proportion of profits in local economy ...and every country has such clauses in their FDI policies. on top of that there are jobs...infrastructure built and other benefits of Large corporate entering into your country.

I wonder why people behave like this in today's world...we need open Markets ...open minds to grow to fullest potential.

You dont need to reinvest a single penny. You make whatever you can and take whatever yo like. Its Bangladesh. Just dont make us your spoon feeding daddy. No sovereign guarantee, get your own money and invest.

Back
Top Bottom