What's new

'Saffron Bandit' PAF hold annual war exercises!

Arsalan

THINK TANK CHAIRMAN
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
Pakistan Air Force’s annual war games dubbed as “Saffron Bandit” have begun, a private TV reported. Chief of Army Staff General Ashfaq Parvez Kayani and Chief of Air Staff Air Marshal Rao Qamar Sultan along with a number of high-ranked military officials attended Saturday a briefing in the Air Headquarters held to mark the commencement of the exercise. The army and air chiefs were informed in the briefing that a special counter-insurgency training program was included in the exercise in wake of the current security threats to the country. They were informed that the PAF have acquired the capability to keep itself aware of any aerial movement inside the country’s airspace and can response within three-minute time in any such case. The top military brass was informed that a joint Pak Army-Air Force war game named as Exercise High Mark 2010 would be held next year. :pakistan:

Chief of Army Staff General Ashfaq Parvez Kayani visited these exercises and appreciated the level of commitment of PAF airmen!
PAF is also reported to be using UAV is these exercises!

regards!

---------- Post added at 12:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:17 PM ----------

Updated at: 1330 PST, Saturday, September 05, 2009
SARGODHA: Pakistan Air Force have begun the annual war exercises, named ‘Saffron Bandit 2009-10’ to train the aviation force against extremism, Geo News reported Saturday.

Chief of Army Staff General Ashfaq Parvez Kayani and Chief of Air Staff Air Marshal Rao Qamar Suleman inspected the exercises.

Giving briefing about the PAF exercises at the Air Headquarters, Deputy Chief of Air Staff Air Vice Marshal Hasan said these drills are aimed at training the PAF for operation against terrorists.

The army and air chiefs were informed in the briefing that a special counter-insurgency training program was included in the exercise in wake of the current security threats to the country.

Hasan told that PAF is employing for the first time in the recent drills pilotless UAV drone planes to target the enemies, adding it was due to the precision of PAF planning that common people were not among the casualties.

They were informed that the PAF have acquired the capability to keep itself aware of any aerial movement inside the country’s airspace and can respond within three-minute time in any such case.

The top military brass was informed that a joint Pak Army-Air Force war game named as Exercise High Mark 2010 would be held next year.

Pilotless drones being used in PAF drills

acoording to theindian:
Islamabad, Sep.5 (ANI): The Pakistan Air Force (PAF), for the first time, is using unmanned UAV drone planes in its ongoing annual war exercise in Sargodha.

The focus of the drill named ‘Saffron Bandit 2009-10′ is to train fighter pilots in counter insurgency operations and carrying out precision attacks on militant hideouts.

Briefing media persons about the exercise at the Air Force Headquarters, Deputy Chief of Air Staff Air Vice Marshal Muhammad Hasan said the drills were aimed at training the PAF for operations against the terrorists.

“PAF is employing for the first time in the recent drills pilotless UAV drone planes to target the enemies. It was due to the precision of PAF planning that common people were not among the casualties,” Air Vice Marshal Hasan said.

Chief of Army Staff General Ashfaq Parvez Kayani and Chief of Air Staff Air Marshal Rao Qamar Suleman also inspected the drill, The News reports.

Air Vice Marshal Hasan also informed that a joint military exercise, Exercise High Mark 2010, involving both the Army and the Air Force would be held next year. (ANI)
PAF using unmanned drones in war exercise

well this is what is available on internaet as yet, i cannot find more details about what actually is involved in these exercises? looking forward to some senior preofessional member to explain to us the actual happening of these exercises,,,
Sir MuradK, Sir. Fatman???

regards!

same old news but different source:

ISLAMABAD, Sept. 5 (Xinhua) -- Pakistan Air Force (PAF) have begun the annual war exercises to train the aviation force against extremism, local TV channel reported Saturday.

Giving briefing about the PAF exercises at the Air Headquarters in Sargodha, a city in northeast Pakistan, Deputy Chief of Air Staff Muhammad Hasan said that these drills are aimed at training the PAF for operation against terrorists, the private TV GEO News reported.

Hasan said that PAF is employing pilotless UAV drone planes for the first time in the recent drills to target the enemies, adding it was due to the precision of PAF planning that common people were not among the casualties.

The army and air chiefs were informed in the briefing that a special counter-insurgency training program was included in the exercise in wake of the current security threats to the country.

Hasan said that the PAF have acquired the capability to keep itself aware of any aerial movement inside the country's airspace and can respond within three-minute time in any such case.

A joint Pakistan Army-Air Force war game named Exercise High Mark 2010 would be held next year, said Hasan.

Pakistan air force holds annual war exercises_English_Xinhua

every nite during taraveeh(we offer it in open air area), im hearing the booms of fighter jets n i also have seen a f7p flying over me,this is happening since last three days.i havent seen much fighter jets flying in karachi,it seems to be unusual.is this could be the part of these exercises?

every nite during taraveeh(we offer it in open air area), im hearing the booms of fighter jets n i also have seen a f7p flying over me,this is happening since last three days.i havent seen much fighter jets flying in karachi,it seems to be unusual.is this could be the part of these exercises?

oyy, why are you looking toward the skies while offering traveeh???? :lol: ;)

regards!

Oh man get over your obsession.You just can't digest anything from Pakistan..can you?So much obessession with Pakistan.it's bad for your health buddy.

Saffron Bandit? Why not just name it "Kill the Hindu Exercises" and get over it. Why the use of silly euphemisms?

oyy, why are you looking toward the skies while offering traveeh???? :lol: ;)

regards!

ohh nooo yar:cheesy:
when ever im in traveeh,i only listens its sound.but when the two raqats end up,i turn my head up and start searching in the sky and say in my heart,"ab f-16 ana chaheya".and then it evers comes the busted old f7p which i ve seen a thousand times.:disagree:

but pal,those aircraft take rounds hundeard times in an hour.i think it b/c of these exercises.

Back
Top Bottom