What's new

SAARC meet: New Delhi for Pak-Bangla train via India, Nepal

Why not....Its a fair exchange.......Thats how business works......I scratch your back ... you scratch mine.....:cheers:

No "Favors" from you guys please! We are having enough of those already.

Relevant points ( those in Bold).

The underlined part is strange. Immigration & Custom checks cannot be deemed to be an invasion of privacy or survelliance - surely.

My point was would this proposal be another means to monitor Pak-BD movements of persons between the countries which cannot be done now.

[My first post..]
I think this is a fantastic idea to have the train link with Bangladesh (or, for that matter, the rest of the world, starting from S. Asia). Why should Pakistan have to allow India access to the Central Asian region in return? India is not asking for that at least explicitly.
The 'nay sayers' on both sides have held back the potentials of this region. But there is so much all of us South Asian gain by 'undestanding' each other. Let's not be permanent enemies and thus feed the outside powers. Sure, there are too many rightwingers on all sides to pull off a Major Peruhit (spp?) or a Kasab but then Europeans have killed themselves in far greater numbers in the two major wars in 20th century alone.
Peace to all.

I agree with all the above gentlemen, It won't do any good as I am sure ISI would be providing free executive passes to all those terrorists. These people only know how to make war, friendship is beyond them.

Mr. Friendship lover, when 80% of your country ammunition is Pakistan specific and firing incidents at border and LOC take place more than often, wearing mask of " I'm a friend" and singing "hum dost hain" doesn't appeal any one. "Baghal me Churi mo me Raam Raam" portrays a true picture of Indian mentality.

Mr. Friendship lover, when 80% of your country ammunition is Pakistan specific and firing incidents at border and LOC take place more than often, wearing mask of " I'm a friend" and singing "hum dost hain" doesn't appeal any one. "Baghal me Churi mo me Raam Raam" portrays a true picture of Indian mentality.

you might have all your life...seen hindi channels or movies...or might have even met some Indian somewhere...you might have run through the whole forum and all of it's threads and many other forums and all sorts of articles and posts...but what you've posted here is sheer ignorance...and nothing more....these 'thoughts' that you've so wanted to share with us are best kept withing the confines of one's mind and should be vented out with credible words that don't seek to generalize.
we Indians are not devil incarnates.

after living out of pakistan for 20 years and having met many indians professional and non-professionals, men and women i have come to a conclusion
"indians and pakistans outside the subcontinent are like people from any two countries and infact usually friendly. They never try to harm each other and discuss matters sanely"
but when in their countries they are totally different.

after living out of pakistan for 20 years and having met many indians professional and non-professionals, men and women i have come to a conclusion
"indians and pakistans outside the subcontinent are like people from any two countries and infact usually friendly. They never try to harm each other and discuss matters sanely"
but when in their countries they are totally different.

yeah..the effect of being able to insanely 'debate' their cause when they are around their kind...that is what happens once you step into the subcontinent.
You have the Kashmir cause...the one undying reason for us not to embrace each other....politically at least.
There is no other reason for an Indian and a Pakistani to garner random hatred for each other...their common language and similar culture is gold enough for them to be friendly.

yeah..the effect of being able to insanely 'debate' their cause when they are around their kind...that is what happens once you step into the subcontinent.
You have the Kashmir cause...the one undying reason for us not to embrace each other....politically at least.
There is no other reason for an Indian and a Pakistani to garner random hatred for each other...their common language and similar culture is gold enough for them to be friendly.

I agree bro, it all comes down to 2 things:

Border dispute --> Poverty

Settle the McMahon & Kashmir issues PEACEFULLY and FAIRLY. Once that is done, figure out how to reduce poverty. A key aspect to reducing poverty in over-populated areas is population-reduction (not by genocide mind you!). Condoms, birth-pills, vasectomy, tying-tubes are possible answers. You can't have your population growing out-of-control. It poses tremendous social ills, mass starvation, threat to your neighbors (of massive refugees), riots/chaos... Europe "evaded" her massive out-of-control population by "exporting" it to the rest of the world. Now India can do the same -- but PLEASE don't export it to China or SE Asia, we are already FULL!!! If you *must* export it, export it the the original exporters -- Europeans!!! :smitten:

Pakistan Defence Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom