What's new

SAAB Offers To Build State Of the Art Gripen Facility In India

Jammer

Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
With the US also offering a similar deal though not as extensive as this one and the recent procurement of Rafale's from France one can see/expect some pivot from Russia and Pakistan towards each other. Also it will be interesting to see how or if ever the JF17 will be able to cope with the version of Gripen we are talking about here, what further evolution would be needed to cope.

http://www.dawn.com/news/1314179/sw...ild-high-tech-jet-production-factory-in-india

Even if LM decides to start a production line of F-35,F-22 and F-16 in India tomarrow And Dassault starts building their factories all over in India, your obssession with Pakistan will never come to an end.
Believe me A single peigon from here would be enough to pee your pants at that time.

AESA radar is unproven
Please elaborate, just saying AESA is unproven wont cut it I'm afraid. In the recently concluded red flag exercise the F35 had a 15:1 kill ratio in its favor (against the F15 and 16's), a lot of that had to do with its superior (AESA) radar and EW suite.

Pak sud invest a on Saab Car manufacturing plant in Pak.

It will be AESA, everyone knows that bro. It would be pretty decent lets see.
did i even mention aesa? off course it will be...but AESA is just a small boost coompared to whats coming in blk 3 ;-) ...just watch..ui will come to know in coming months

Please elaborate, just saying AESA is unproven wont cut it I'm afraid. In the recently concluded red flag exercise the F35 had a 15:1 kill ratio in its favor (against the F15 and 16's), a lot of that had to do with its superior (AESA) radar and EW suite.

what about the AESA radar that comes with the Gripen ?

what about the AESA radar that comes with the Gripen ?
Exactly, what my point was earlier, what other changes and mods are coming on the Jf17 that will attempt to keep it at par with the newer Gripen. Others make a good point also till we get a final look at the block 3 the comparison might not be easy. Pleanty of existing comparisons on the forum I guess to refer too. This might shed light on the future of the Tejas though, can't see both programs continuing simultaneously i.e. the foreign jet facility setup like the gripen or F16 and indegeneous development like the Tejas. lessons and experience gained from assisted build will help the local industry but certainly in the immediate future there won't be a need for 250 or how ever many Tejas. Wait and see I guess.

Back
Top Bottom