What's new

SAAB Gripen NG mockup in Brazil

Yes , its included.

Along with all the production facilities , spares and servicing.

Requires only short take off and landing and allows only single engine inserted with canards and maybe a DSI bulge too.

no i want , one time ownership ... with full ToT :yahoo:

no i want , one time ownership ... with full ToT :yahoo:
Why should western countries give technology away to poor countries like Pakistan and India?

Western countries are too generous.

But humiliated India is now buying rafale from france with no TOT. Modi is pathetic and weak

Why should western countries give technology away to poor countries like Pakistan and India?

Western countries are too generous.

But humiliated India is now buying rafale from france with no TOT. Modi is pathetic and weak

I think they will humiliate him more by offering or he gets himself more humiliated when he buys more.

Well said Bro.

interesting.
looks like it's armed with A-Darter short range missiles, Meteor BVR missile, MAR-1 Anti-Radation Missile, and lastly SPICE bomb kit which is a surprise since Brazil is developing it's own guided bombs SMKB

SMKB - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I still would take a F-16blk 60 over Gripen NG, but both are very comparable. seems Brazil is distancing it's from from Uncle Sam weapons.

It's more surprising why they don't show SDB anymore, since that was presented by Saab during their bids in Brazil and the SDB quad pack is far more useful, especially for a small fighter like the Gripen.
The F16 B60 might be a good upgrade, but doesn't stand a chance in comparision to the Gripen E anymore, since it's remains "just" an upgrade of an old platform.

I love this fighter, the fast turn around and the ability to land on roads would be well suited for a quick reaction if India were to adopt this on the 'make in India' platform.

I think they will humiliate him more by offering or he gets himself more humiliated when he buys more.

Well said Bro.
Even if he is trolling, he has a point! Brazil got 36 fighters, which are mainly produced abroad, just as Modi now tries it with Rafale, but they still got a better industrial package now, than we can hope for with just 30% offsets. The only benefit is, that our 36 Rafales might be cheaper than Brazils 36 Gripen Es, but the long term industrial benefits outweigh the costs by far and make the Brazilian deal "at the moment" clearly better!

It is also surprisingly quite stealthy being a small nimble fighter

Due to it's size it's cross section is smaller.

Back
Top Bottom