What's new

S. Arabia seeks Pakistan’s assistance to improve ties with Iran

Sugarcane

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
52cbd20245660.jpg

ISLAMABAD: Saudi Arabia has sought Pakistan’s assistance in its efforts to improve the kingdom’s ties with Iran, DawnNews quoted sources as saying.

Saudi Foreign Minister Prince Saud Al Faisal was meeting with Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif’s Adviser on Foreign Affairs and National Security Sartaj Aziz on Tuesday.

The two were discussing bilateral ties, challenges confronting the Muslim world as well as the situation in Afghanistan, Iran and Syria.

During the talks, Aziz said Iran and Saudi Arabia were two crucial states in the Muslim world and that Pakistan considered the kingdom a brotherly country.

Speaking to the premier's adviser, Faisal said Saudi Arabia accorded extraordinary significance to its ties with Pakistan.

Faisal is the highest ranking Saudi official to have visited Pakistan in years. His trip marks reinvigoration of the bilateral relationship that remained lukewarm during the Pakistan Peoples Party-led government.

The Saudi foreign minister would also be meeting President Mamnoon Hussain and Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif during his two-day stay here.

S. Arabia seeks Pakistan’s assistance to improve ties with Iran - DAWN.COM

these days Pakistan is in mess with sunni shia disputes, i dont know how can Pakistan can make this happen.

Saudi Arabia rejected Iran FM request to meet with KSA authority in Riyadh month ago. So I don't think that is the motive behind Saudi FM visit to Pakistan. Nor do I believe a talk in the regard of Saudi-Iran relation will take place in this visit either.

Saudi Arabia rejected Iran FM request to meet with KSA authority in Riyadh month ago. So I don't think that is the motive behind Saudi FM visit to Pakistan. Nor do I believe a talk in the regard of Saudi-Iran relation will take place in this visit either.

Maybe "Improve Ties" have different meaning here, which is quite possible.

well that showed your culture and hospitality ..... cause he was invited by your silly leaders ......

and also i agree ..... iran will not accept a terrorist country in its friend list :tup:

What do you mean ? :unsure:

And Lovey Bhai I'm munching on some Afghani Kebaab right now ! :D

Butt sb. - As you are not even glorified munshi now, I would suggest to open khokha of tikka & kabaabs at 7up and start competing nadeem tikka.

Maybe "Improve Ties" have different meaning here, which is quite possible.

I don't think so to be quite honest. Iran has no good intention in improving ties whatsoever with the neighboring countries considering its presence in Syrian and interference in Yemen and in many other Arab countries which has been condemned by Arab League many times. I would say this visit has more to do with the situation in Afghanistan.

huh!!!!!
we thought you came here to whip us, you are a bad bad bad master

although i hate saudies but if this true, it would be a major step to make middleeast a better place

come again
no not that, i mean 'C' 'O' 'M' 'E' come Mr foreign miniter

Back
Top Bottom