What's new

S-400 anti-aircraft missile systems delivery to India can begin in 2020

MOSCOW, October 13. /TASS/. Russia will sign an agreement with India on October 15 on the delivery of S-400 Triumf antiaircraft missile systems, Russian presidential aide Yuri Ushakov said on Thursday.

"Following the results of the negotiations between our president and [Indian Prime Minister Narendra] Modi, an agreement will be signed on the delivery of S-400 Triumf antiaircraft missile systems to India, as well as some other documents," he said.

"Part of the documents will be signed behind closed doors," he said.

The Kremlin aide declined to comment on the details of the deal, suggesting that first the document should be signed.

Tass agency​

official confirmation by The Hindu quoted from Reuters news agency.
WOW!!!!!!!!!! i m so happy. can anyone here confirm the numbers of S400 plus are we buying pantsyr system alongwith it or not?

Russia, India to Sign S-400 Missile System Supplies Deal

© AFP 2016/ KIRILL KUDRYAVTSEVMilitary & Intelligence15:53 13.10.2016(updated 15:55 13.10.2016) Get short URL1453110Russia and India will sign a contract on delivering S-400 air defense systems during Vladimir Putin's visit.MOSCOW (Sputnik) — Moscow and New Delhi will sign an agreement on the supply of S-400 air defense systems after Russian President Vladimir Putin's talks with Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi, Russian residential aide Yuri Ushakov said Thursday. "An agreement for the supply to India of S-400 Triumf anti-aircraft missile systems and other documents will be signed after talks in the presence of our president and Modi," Ushakov told reporters. Putin is expected in India for the VIII BRICS summit in Goa on October 15-16.

Read more: https://sputniknews.com/military/201610131046298939-russia-india-s-400/

Confirmed..

upload_2016-10-13_19-49-36.png

Last edited:
Source...??

it's in the Tass agency website . i'm not allowed to put links​

official confirmation by The Hindu quoted from Reuters news agency.
WOW!!!!!!!!!! i m so happy. can anyone here confirm the numbers of S400 plus are we buying pantsyr system alongwith it or not?

5 battalions worthing 5 billion $ according to Indian sources​

i dont trust Russian sources like sputnik,RT com,. they exaggerate too much. But i trust Reuters news agency plus also The Hindu(most trusted newspaper in India ,though a pro-communist newspaper)

i dont trust Russian sources like sputnik,RT com,. they exaggerate too much. But i trust Reuters news agency plus also The Hindu(most trusted newspaper in India ,though a pro-communist newspaper)

first of all it's tass agency
and second the source is the senior aide of Putin

what do u want more

u want for example Putin to swear on the bible so u can believe o_Oo_Oo_O

http://www.ndtv.com/india-news/russ...y-deal-for-s-400-missiles-on-saturday-1473829

Russia, India To Sign $5 Billion S-400 Missile Deal At BRICS Meet In Goa
All India | Reported by Vishnu Som | Updated: October 13, 2016 19:32 IST

s-400-missiles-reuters_650x400_51476365973.jpg

Russian S-400 Triumph medium-range and long-range surface-to-air missile systems. (Reuters Photo)

Highlights
  1. India to buy 5 missiles priced at one billion dollars each
  2. Most advanced surface-to-air missile system
  3. Can intercept incoming aircraft and missiles at range of 400 kms

Russia and India will sign a 5 billion dollar agreement on Saturday for Moscow to deliver S-400 surface-to-air missiles to New Delhi.

Kremlin aide Yuri Ushakov said the agreement would be signed at the BRICS summit in Goa, where Prime Minister Narendra Modi will meet separately with President Vladmir Putin too.

The S-400 anti-aircraft missiles were cleared for purchase in December by the Defence Ministry.

The five missiles India is acquiring will likely provide defence for a large area around high-value installations including nuclear power plants and key government centers. They are also expected to provide India with a missile-shield for protection against Pakistani or Chinese nuclear-capable ballistic missiles.

Considered the most advanced surface-to-air missile system in the world, the Russian S-400 system's missiles can intercept incoming aircraft and missiles at a range of 400 kilometers. The sensitive radars of the system are thought to be able to detect even stealth aircraft which present a very small radar cross-section and are often impossible for other systems to track.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is for a few of our fellow members who were claiming an emerging Pakistan - Russia alliance. Strange. I expect Pakistan to buy equipment from Russia. France has done the same. Given Pakistan equipment and given India also the same. It is pure business. The deeper pockets will prevail.

End of topic. Economy is the new super weapon.

If its true then congratulation to India , and its a big blow for Pakistan .

But I also want to give a fanboy answer here (lots of fanboys will say this) , and that is

JF17 HAI NAAAAA

please don't give any -v rating for above ..............................................................

I do not think that Pakistan need take this as any "blow". It was always expected that everyone will sell equipment/weapons to India. It is pure business and market aspect.

You have got French subs, we have got them too. The quality depends on money being shelled out. Everyone wants markets, it shall be the economy now deciding who heads where. Look at China, they get better deals too, simple economics.

Coming back, seriously, our calculus is China, not Pakistan. That you have to remember.

@PARIKRAMA @nair @MilSpec @Spectre @scorpionx @jbgt90 @anant_s

Seems we are back in pure business relationship of 90s.

Congrats india...

Pak will have to up the game accordingly... both rafaele and s 400 are world class systems ... but there is always a way

MOSCOW, October 13. /TASS/. Russia will sign an agreement with India on October 15 on the delivery of S-400 Triumf antiaircraft missile systems, Russian presidential aide Yuri Ushakov said on Thursday.

"Following the results of the negotiations between our president and [Indian Prime Minister Narendra] Modi, an agreement will be signed on the delivery of S-400 Triumf antiaircraft missile systems to India, as well as some other documents," he said.

"Part of the documents will be signed behind closed doors," he said.

The Kremlin aide declined to comment on the details of the deal, suggesting that first the document should be signed.

Tass agency​

Part of documents behind closed doors,
It's the nuclear sub , what else ?:p:

Back
Top Bottom