What's new

Russian company designs bulletproof vest for Pakistan Army

Gryphon

Reaction score
The Russian GS unveils for the first time its bulletproof vest B-17 for Pakistani Army at IDEAS 2016

The bulletproof vest B-17 is designed for protection of a human body against the effect of firearm bullets as a means of individual armor protection of periodic external wearing. The vest B-17 has been designed by GS upon the requirements of the Pakistani Army. The first prototype have been tested during Autumn 2016. Serial production will start in 2017.

The_Russian_GS_unveils_for_the_first_time_its_bulletproof_vest_B-17_for_Pakistani_Army_at_IDEAS_2016_002.jpg

The bulletproof vest B-17 has been designed upon Pakistani Army requirements (Credit: Army Recognition)

The outer carriers of the chest and back sections have amortizing absorbers. Chest and back sections are split and connected by hook-and-loop fasteners and regulating buckles in the shoulder and by hook-and-loop fasteners in the belt area.

The bulletproof vest B-17 consists of a check section with collar, a back section with collar and a replaceable groin pad. The assembled product (with removable pockets) is about 7.5kg. The chest/back armor panels are about 1.8kg.

GS is a Russian company which provides complex solutions for security provision, armored vehicles, safety systems and special equipment and services.

The Russian GS unveils for the first time its bulletproof vest B-17 for Pakistani Army at IDEAS 2016 | Army Recognition

Well any cooperation on such matters is appreciated , one can only imagine the role these items play vs any operation against Terrorism on streets or other public places.

These item are absolute must

7kg is still quite heavy its like carrying a work out dumb bell with you I wish the weight was reduced further

Last edited:
Why Cant we develop our own design, just export front and back panel then fabricate own configurations.

Why Cant we develop our own design, just export front and back panel then fabricate own configurations.
if we have to manufacture the way you are suggesting, then there is no gain to make it in house. Also, it won't be feasible economically if all we are doing is stitching and rest every thing is imported

We can instead look into acquiring the technology to build the plates itself. This is a small , highly in-demand segment and if we produce quality at a competitive price we can export it as well.

Even if we ignore the money aspect, things like these are good for countries' image worldwide.

Interesting. It has some design elements of Scalable Plate Carriers, should provide a bit more upper body mobility than the current ones in use.

Weight is more than an average BPJ offering similar protection against 7.62x39 mm bullets. More weight will not make the 'bit more upper body mobility' applicable. But it has qualified for production after 'Autumn trials'. :rolleyes1:

Weight is more than an average BPJ offering similar protection against 7.62x39 mm bullets. More weight will not make the 'bit more upper body mobility' applicable. But it has qualified for production after 'Autumn trials'. :rolleyes1:
I wasn't referring to the plates in as much as the actual jacket's design. Does Pakistan have to get their plates? Can't it find lighter plates? The description makes it seem that the back and chest plates are each 1.8 kg, but this plate here is 0.72 kg. Couldn't we pair this vest with lighter plates?

if we have to manufacture the way you are suggesting, then there is no gain to make it in house. Also, it won't be feasible economically if all we are doing is stitching and rest every thing is imported

We can instead look into acquiring the technology to build the plates itself. This is a small , highly in-demand segment and if we produce quality at a competitive price we can export it as well.

Even if we ignore the money aspect, things like these are good for countries' image worldwide.

It took india until last year to make it after years of designing it, so i assume it will take Pakistan a little bit longer

It took india until last year to make it after years of designing it, so i assume it will take Pakistan a little bit longer
A journey of thousand miles start with a single step. All I am asking for is that single step. In Nations lives decades mean nothing if they eventually manage to achieve the feat.

We need bullet proofs and we need them lot of them. By the way there are two major Pakistani companies which area also producing Bullet Proof Jackets. One is Lyra and the other is Kestral. Kestral also displayed it's products at IDEAS.

15170758_1168225309931040_2597765671357106971_n.jpg

I wasn't referring to the plates in as much as the actual jacket's design. Does Pakistan have to get their plates? Can't it find lighter plates? The description makes it seem that the back and chest plates are each 1.8 kg, but this plate here is 0.72 kg. Couldn't we pair this vest with lighter plates?

HIT provides PA with BPJ's of NIJ Level III and IV & also Bullet proof vests of NIJ Level III A.

I think the BP vest this Russian company will sell to PA is of NIJ Level IV. Limited numbers may be purchased for SF, LCB and some regular units. It has more resistance against 7.62 x 51 mm and may be standardized as India plans to buy new rifles of this caliber. :azn:

+ The link of the 0.72 Kg plate you posted provides NIJ Level III protection.

HIT provides PA with BPJ's of NIJ Level III and IV & also Bullet proof vests of NIJ Level III A.

I think the BP vest this Russian company will sell to PA is of NIJ Level IV. Limited numbers may be purchased for SF, LCB and some regular units. It has more resistance against 7.62 x 51 mm and may be standardized as India plans to buy new rifles of this caliber. :azn:

+ The link of the 0.72 Kg plate you posted provides NIJ Level III protection.
Any chance HIT could end up producing this Russian one under license?

Any chance HIT could end up producing this Russian one under license?

I think no. Not much is known about this Russian company and I believe initially SF, LCB and a few units will be provided with these jackets to deal with Talibaboons who are using a few G3 & FN FAL rifles. After some years, HIT may develop it's own equivalent BP vest which could be slightly lighter. :coffee:

The Russian GS unveils for the first time its bulletproof vest B-17 for Pakistani Army at IDEAS 2016

The bulletproof vest B-17 is designed for protection of a human body against the effect of firearm bullets as a means of individual armor protection of periodic external wearing. The vest B-17 has been designed by GS upon the requirements of the Pakistani Army. The first prototype have been tested during Autumn 2016. Serial production will start in 2017.

The_Russian_GS_unveils_for_the_first_time_its_bulletproof_vest_B-17_for_Pakistani_Army_at_IDEAS_2016_002.jpg

The bulletproof vest B-17 has been designed upon Pakistani Army requirements (Credit: Army Recognition)

The outer carriers of the chest and back sections have amortizing absorbers. Chest and back sections are split and connected by hook-and-loop fasteners and regulating buckles in the shoulder and by hook-and-loop fasteners in the belt area.

The bulletproof vest B-17 consists of a check section with collar, a back section with collar and a replaceable groin pad. The assembled product (with removable pockets) is about 7.5kg. The chest/back armor panels are about 1.8kg.

GS is a Russian company which provides complex solutions for security provision, armored vehicles, safety systems and special equipment and services.

The Russian GS unveils for the first time its bulletproof vest B-17 for Pakistani Army at IDEAS 2016 | Army Recognition
Not Good we should induct stuff like this
12743648_664343940371405_9028445617418352085_n.jpg

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom