What's new

Russia sends armored trucks to Syria to transport chemical arms

Arzamas 16

Reaction score
Country
Russian Federation
Russia has sent 25 armored trucks and 50 other vehicles to Syria to help transport toxins that are to be destroyed under an international agreement to rid the nation of its chemical arsenal, Defence Minister Sergei Shoigu said on Monday.

In a report to President Vladimir Putin, Shoigu said Russian aircraft delivered 50 Kamaz trucks and 25 Ural armored trucks to the Syrian port city of Latakia on December 18-20 along with other equipment, state-run news agency RIA reported.

"The Defence Ministry has very swiftly implemented actions to deliver to Syria equipment and materiel to provide for the removal of Syrian chemical weapons and their destruction," Shoigu was quoted as saying.

Syria has agreed to abandon it chemical weapons under a deal proposed by Russia to avert potential U.S. military action after a deadly August 21 sarin gas attack the United States blamed on President Bashar al-Assad's government.

Damascus agreed to transport the "most critical" chemicals, including around 20 tons of mustard nerve agent, out of the northern port of Latakia by December 31 to be safely destroyed abroad away from the war zone.

Western powers has baulked at Syria's request for military transport equipment to transport chemical weapons material to Latakia because of concerns it could be used to fight Assad's opponents in the conflict or kill civilians.

Russia has been a major seller of conventional weapons to Syria and has given Assad crucial support during the conflict, blocking attempts to punish with sanctions and saying his exit must not be a precondition for a peace process.

Syrian government forces took control of a key highway connecting Damascus to the coast earlier this month, but the Organisation for the Prohibition of Chemical Weapons has voiced concern the deadline could be missed.

Russia sends armored trucks to Syria to transport chemical arms - Yahoo News

And what if these armored trucks are attacked???
And how are they planning to destroy it??

Dont know why Syrian war has time and again proved that US is not a behemoth that it is used to be.

And what if these armored trucks are attacked???
And how are they planning to destroy it??

These trucks will be transporting chemical weapons under a international agreement, if the rebels as so much as scratch them then they will lose any credibility and sympathy they had left in the West.

Their stupid, but I don't think they are that stupid:lol:

Dont know why Syrian war has time and again proved that US is not a behemoth that it is used to be.

Blame Bush:P

Last edited:
These trucks will be transporting chemical weapons under a international agreement, if the rebels as so much as scratch them then they will lose any credibility and sympathy they had left in the West.

Even if Russians manage to take them out of Syria without even causing a scratch then what next???
Heard Russia helped Saddam in cleaning up act earlier.

Arzamas said:
True.
Thankfully Obama hasnt shown the knee jerk reactions which his predecessors had.
Though he did face the heat for reneging back.

Even if Russians manage to take them out of Syria without even causing a scratch then what next???
Heard Russia helped Saddam in cleaning up act earlier.

True.
Thankfully Obama hasnt shown the knee jerk reactions which his predecessors had.
Though he did face the heat for reneging back.

If Romney won the elections last year. Syrian and probably Iran would have new presidents.

The libertarian mentality is diametrically different from Neo-conservatism.

If Romney won the elections last year. Syrian and probably Iran would have new presidents.

I am not sure about Syria but yes Iran might have had a different president.
But then each American President more or less falls in the same bracket as his predecessors.Obama has slightly deviated on the less trodden path is all I can say.

Nobody can do anything to iran not Romney and not your wali al-khamr

Nobody can do anything to iran not Romney and not your wali al-khamr

Yeah, Persian ego, I know. :lol:

The US actually did inflict a great damage on you. Some of which are still remembered up to this moment.

I am not sure about Syria but yes Iran might have had a different president.
But then each American President more or less falls in the same bracket as his predecessors.Obama has slightly deviated on the less trodden path is all I can say.

He wanted not to resort to a military option, not until diplomacy exists no more.

Yeah, Persian ego, I know. :lol:

The US actually did inflict a great damage on you. Some of which are still remembered up to this moment.

He wanted not to resort to a military option, not until diplomacy exists no more.
Is not persian ego that's reality we will die for our country we are not al saud

Is not persian ego that's reality we will die for our country we are not al saud

You died in Iraq, Syria, Lebanon, and god knows where else. :lol:

However, with all these muscles you're flexing here and there, I wonder why didn't you retaliate against your boarder guards murderers?

You died in Iraq, Syria, Lebanon, and god knows where else. :lol:

However, with all these muscles you're flexing here and there, I wonder why didn't you retaliate against your boarder guards murderers?
They are hiding in pakistan their number is only 92 we will massacre them if we know where they are hiding

Their stupid, but I don't think they are that stupid:lol:

Rebels will not touch them. they will not be ordered to. The bare minimum objective to achieve after all this foreign funded terrorism in Syria was to get hold of chemical weapons. This done, the rebels will be cut off to create havoc and do residual damage to Syria to keep it off balance.

Back
Top Bottom