RT Anchor Quits on Live T.V

Hakan

RETIRED INTL MOD
Reaction score
Country
Turkey
U.S.-based TV anchor quits Russian station during newscast
Disclaimer: Im just posting news dont blame me for whats in it :wave:

(Reuters) - A Washington-based news anchor for the Russia Today television network quit her job on air on Wednesday, telling viewers she could not be part of a Russian government-funded station "that whitewashes the actions of Putin."

Citing on-air comments earlier this week by another U.S.-based Russia Today presenter, Abby Martin, that Russian intervention in Ukraine's Crimea region was "wrong," Liz Wahl told viewers that "as a reporter on this network, I face many ethical and moral challenges."

"My grandparents came here as refugees during the Hungarian revolution, ironically to escape the Soviet forces," Wahl said, adding she was "very lucky to have grown up here in the United States."

Wahl added she was the daughter of a military veteran and her partner was a doctor at a military base "where he sees everyday the first-hand accounts of the ultimate prices that people pay for this country."

"And that is why personally I cannot be part of a network funded by the Russian government that whitewashes the actions of Putin," she said.

"I'm proud to be an American and believe in disseminating the truth and that is why after this newscast, I'm resigning."

Russia Today could not be reached for comment. The multilingual news and information network broadcasts in more than 100 countries. (Writing by Peter Cooney; Editing by Jan Paschal)
U.S.-based TV anchor quits Russian station during newscast| Reuters

Last edited:
U.S.-based TV anchor quits Russian station during newscast
Disclaimer: Im just posting news dont blame me for whats in it :wave:

(Reuters) - A Washington-based news anchor for the Russia Today television network quit her job on air on Wednesday, telling viewers she could not be part of a Russian government-funded station "that whitewashes the actions of Putin."

Citing on-air comments earlier this week by another U.S.-based Russia Today presenter, Abby Martin, that Russian intervention in Ukraine's Crimea region was "wrong," Liz Wahl told viewers that "as a reporter on this network, I face many ethical and moral challenges."

"My grandparents came here as refugees during the Hungarian revolution, ironically to escape the Soviet forces," Wahl said, adding she was "very lucky to have grown up here in the United States."

Wahl added she was the daughter of a military veteran and her partner was a doctor at a military base "where he sees everyday the first-hand accounts of the ultimate prices that people pay for this country."

"And that is why personally I cannot be part of a network funded by the Russian government that whitewashes the actions of Putin," she said.

"I'm proud to be an American and believe in disseminating the truth and that is why after this newscast, I'm resigning."

Russia Today could not be reached for comment. The multilingual news and information network broadcasts in more than 100 countries. (Writing by Peter Cooney; Editing by Jan Paschal)
U.S.-based TV anchor quits Russian station during newscast| Reuters
too bad lol
RT is actually a very good channel.

Their contract of employment would prevent them from making such statements, therefore they MUST have been paid to do this.

Good riddance. I hate when RT hires Yankees. Hopefully they fire all the Yankees and hire more English speaking Russians like in their Moscow studios (Marina Portnaya, Gayane Chickyan, Anastasia Churkina, Lucy Kafanov, Yulia Shapalova, Marina Kosereva, etc).

Teaches RT a lesson to never trust or hire these Yankee thugs, they are all the same pro-imperialist brainwashed sheep.

Never ever trust a Yankee, the dirtiest 'humans' on this planet. Even their founding fathers had to exterminate the entire Native America race to form the country they have.

The day this mass murdering tyrannical fascist Yankee empire goes into the scrapheap of history is the day peace will happen to the rest of the world.

Usually there is an 8 second delay incase something happens and somebody has to be cutoff ( for instance somebody does a profanity laced rant). Odd she didn't get cutoff.

RT has freedom of speech unlike western media.

She was asked to go to Crimea and see for herself what the situation is. She refused. She was allowed to say what she wanted and that shows that the Russians are taking the media war seriously. She is a good reporter even if a bit of a conspiracy nut. Hope she comes back again.

If she is looking for an outlet where she can disseminate the truth proudly, tough luck .

The bimbo was either bribed by the CIA or threatened the job of her husband (who works in the Yankee military).

Um so very wrong...go listen to FoxNews. They basically call Obama a traitor every day and it doesn't make headlines and nobody quits or gets fired over it.

Its true. Why would any one get fired over speaking the truth. Obama is the enemy within.

Back
Top Bottom