Developereo

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
Roll-up flatscreen TVs that fit in your pocket to become a reality

Richard Gray
December 12, 2011 - 8:29AM

Television screens that can be rolled up and carried in a pocket are to become a reality using technology developed by British scientists.

Researchers have developed a new form of light-emitting crystals, known as quantum dots, which can be used to produce ultra-thin televisions. The tiny crystals, 100,000 times thinner than a human hair, can be printed on flexible plastic sheets to produce a paper-thin display, or on to wallpaper to create giant room-size screens.

Michael Edelman, the chief executive of Nanoco, a spin-out company set up by the scientists behind the technology at Manchester University, said the firm was working with "major Asian electronics companies". It is believed Sony, Sharp, Samsung and LG are working on quantum dot television technology.

The Sunday Telegraph, London

Great, my 9 year old wants an iPhone for Christmas. Now I can look forward to having a " dad I want a tv in my back pack for my 10th birthday. I love technology, so I may just live vicariously through his requests, lord knows I buy the cool toys for him because I like them too!

Great, my 9 year old wants an iPhone for Christmas. Now I can look forward to having a " dad I want a tv in my back pack for my 10th birthday. I love technology, so I may just live vicariously through his requests, lord knows I buy the cool toys for him because I like them too!

Damn u have a 9 year old kid and you still troll on a Pak defence forum? lmao...

iphone,_ipod,_ipad,_i_paid_1317845188.jpg

Somebody has to add intelligent critical thinkers among the dumb and young here else this place will have to do with the likes of you.

Yes please let the wise and great post here. They assume and post without giving any thread a bit of thought. Esp this dude has been doing well so far on these guidelines.

3D tv that's next..... :D. There is a new one where any 3d glass will do... Even the ones you get at the theater! will work..

---------- Post added at 10:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:03 PM ----------

Yes please let the wise and great post here. They assume and post without giving any thread a bit of thought. Esp this dude has been doing well so far on these guidelines.

Why you trolling on this thread ? Is there not an anti Indian thread for you to join in? Don't let that 90% average of your post quality fall under that threshold :D.

Tell me about it JayAtl ji, kids wants the world these days :lol:

Now at office i can watch cricket matches by pretending that the roll up tv is my paperwork, it will be easy to hide the tv as well:)

Why you trolling on this thread ? Is there not an anti Indian thread for you to join in? Don't let that 90% average of your post quality fall under that threshold .

90% average of my posts? you mean where I ask you to provide any sound proof or reasoning for your hate towards Pakistanis? Is it bad that i found you spewing your hate on a different thread?

Tell me about it JayAtl ji, kids wants the world these days :lol:

How old are yours? I don't mind giving mine most what he wants. The deal is that he never gets anything below 90 in math and science and if he gets anything below 90 in others.. He loses one day of tv per ... I know this will sound like I'm a show off dad, but he models too- they call him Tom Brady ( American football quater back) because he looks like a replica of him. So he is adding to his college fund on top of what I do. I'm just very proud of the little one...

---------- Post added at 10:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:16 PM ----------

90% average of my posts? you mean where I ask you to provide any sound proof or reasoning for your hate towards Pakistanis? Is it bad that i found you spewing your hate on a different thread?

Shush... get away ... Grown ups are having some lite hearted conversation.

3D tv that's next..... :D. There is a new one where any 3d glass will do... Even the ones you get at the theater! will work..

---------- Post added at 10:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:03 PM ----------

Why you trolling on this thread ? Is there not an anti Indian thread for you to join in? Don't let that 90% average of your post quality fall under that threshold :D.

Shocking buddy .... I'm also in the hunt for good 3d tv and as you said only one company ( ie LG ) is offering the FPR technology by which 3d can be viewed by any ordinary 3d glass rather than the bulky rechargeable glasses ( also a lot expensive ).

Back
Top Bottom