What's new

Bangladesh Cuisine & Restaurants

Bistro-E’s picture-perfect interiors
Bistro-E-01-1024x683@2x.jpg
Bistro-E-02-600x460@2x.jpg

Bistro-E, an establishment which caters exclusively to the upper echelon of Dhaka’s foodies, is a unique take on the usual Bistro restaurant format. It manages to be simultaneously cosy and opulent, presenting an air of luxurious comfort that is difficult to replicate.

Upon entering Bistro-E, one’s eyes are immediately drawn to the counter, which displays some of the restaurants’ fruits and drinks. A soothing green backdrop serves to emphasize the relaxing vibe of the establishment.

The main area is split into beautifully arranged dining tables and elegant European style sofa chairs for customers to unwind in. The stylish and classic looking floor is more than it appears; being a unique design from Bay research and testing lab not found anywhere else in Bangladesh, or possibly even the whole world.

Bistro-E-03-1024x614.jpg

The vibrant paintings work together with the soft lighting to immerse patrons in a sense of warmth and tranquillity. Bistro-E has an incredibly restful and calm feeling about it, exuding peaceful neutrality in every aspect of its appearance.

The arrangement of lounge chairs in soft hues, along with a delicately crafted bookshelf encourages visitors to indulge in some reading and relaxation. Comfortable booths line the walls, promoting an atmosphere of privacy that gels with the overall theme of the entire place.

The mood lighting of the overhead lamps subtly emphasize the gorgeous tables, which are custom made from butcher block and imported directly from Japan.

Smartly situated windows present a view of the hustle and bustle of Dhaka city from a relaxed vantage point, really highlighting the peaceful, quiet, ‘away from the crowd’ atmosphere that is already so pervasive in other aspects of the decor.

Bistro-E also boasts a separate space reserved for business meetings and private parties. An aura of sophistication and exclusivity permeate the room, heightened by the presence of tasteful artwork and the exquisite furniture. The colors of the dark furniture, light walls along with the paintings work together to present an aesthetically pleasing contrast.
Bistro-E-04-421x1024.jpg

"The Great Kabab Factory" Restaurant at the Jamuna Future Park Mall

IMG-20160508-WA0005_zps7rrhfxu6.jpg
IMG-20160528-WA0006_zpsgdxasrgs.jpg
IMG-20160528-WA0004_zpsweqqqljk.jpg

Like I said which, business man would open a pakistani eatarie in Dhaka? Yeah we have them here in Ilford, but im asking what foods constitute pakistani in your opinion? We might have those dishes but doubtful anyone would name the outlet as pakistani, unless he or she has a lot of fire insurance.
I like your answer :D . But why so much support for Pakistan cricket team then ? There are loads of Pakistani flags in Dhaka during any cricket match . How much of the population would you say is anti- Pakistan ?

Actually there are few Restaurants owned by Pakistanis but they dont use the name of Pakistan.

And in the world of the highly-priced simple lowbrow food, after Burger King's debut (well multi-debut, opening four outlets in Dhaka in the span of as many weeks).........................

15672918_1227797517266705_1073226730220204008_n.jpg

Mickey D's is now following suit. No word on how many outlets they are planning. Probably the third country in the subcontinent to open their 'restaurants', but some locals would argue if we really needed them....Dhaka already boasts excellent signature gourmet burger joints for the last three decades......

https://www.facebook.com/pg/McDonaldsBangladesh/photos/?tab=album&album_id=1812372379025154

15975150_1812372352358490_6268985983975571222_o.png

Also,

https://www.facebook.com/StarbucksB...6359030096866/336384766760959/?type=3&theater

15977512_336384766760959_3706545567844745915_n.png

Word on the street is that Krispy Kreme and Pizza Inn are also opening outlets in Dhanmandi area soon.....

Are there any Pakistani restaurants in Bangladesh?

I don't think there are Pakistani restaurants per se, but people here don't really find Pakistani cuisine to be that different from ours and it is available in every neighborhood.

If you're talking half a dozen type of kababs, paya, rumali roti and nehari, those are served by hundreds of restaurants locally.

I don't think there are Pakistani restaurants per se, but people here don't really find Pakistani cuisine to be that different from ours and it is available in every neighborhood.

If you're talking half a dozen type of kababs, paya and nehari, those are served by hundreds of restaurants locally.

Hmmm. Well I've eaten from Bangladeshi places in NYC. You guys have better dishes than Indians when it comes to the kind of food we eat. However, you guys should have a Pakistani place because we use some different masalas, and also while your bakra karhai is good, you guys should definitely try ours. Most of the Bangladeshi students I knew in NY were always happy to go to Roti Boti or Handii in just to have bakra and chicken karhai. :D

Gotta admit though, you guys do fish right.

Also, Bangladeshis make some good beef dishes.

Hmmm. Well I've eaten from Bangladeshi places in NYC. You guys have better dishes than Indians when it comes to the kind of food we eat. However, you guys should have a Pakistani place because we use some different masalas, and also while your bakra karhai is good, you guys should definitely try ours. Most of the Bangladeshi students I knew in NY were always happy to go to Roti Boti or Handii in just to have bakra and chicken karhai. :D

Gotta admit though, you guys do fish right.

Also, Bangladeshis make some good beef dishes.

Yup I'm sure Dhaka could use a few authentic Pakistani eateries. No one can argue with good food.....:-)

Back
Top Bottom