What's new

Resilient Communities For A Prepared Pakistan

RescueRanger

PDF THINK TANK: CONSULTANT
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
Dear friends,

Here is my entry for the write up competition, it's in PDF form and can be read by clicking on the link provided.

Kind regards,

RR

Attachments

• Resilient Communities for a Prepared Pakistan.pdf
    495.9 KB · Views: 138
Dear friends,

Here is my entry for the write up competition, it's in PDF form and can be read by clicking on the link provided.

Kind regards,

RR

A good article, but it may need the addition of a short section on the costs involved for disaster preparedness for a resilient system, as applied to the local conditions in Pakistan. For example, how much does a fire extinguisher cost, and how often should it be inspected and recharged?

A good article, but it may need the addition of a short section on the costs involved for disaster preparedness for a resilient system, as applied to the local conditions in Pakistan. For example, how much does a fire extinguisher cost, and how often should it be inspected and recharged?

I was planning on making it more in depth but then decided against it. Good advice however, surprisingly it is cheaper to get basic fire safety equipment in Pakistan than in the US or elsewhere. Fire extinguishers can set you back 1500 rupees and a good fire blanket will set you back around 1000, most houses should use powder extinguishers so they are disposable and have an average propellant shelf life of months.

I was planning on making it more in depth but then decided against it. Good advice however, surprisingly it is cheaper to get basic fire safety equipment in Pakistan than in the US or elsewhere. Fire extinguishers can set you back 1500 rupees and a good fire blanket will set you back around 1000, most houses should use powder extinguishers so they are disposable and have an average propellant shelf life of months.

A few comments about just how affordable simple preparedness is, would help the article still. Just a thought.

Just read the article...and very well written.

Good detail and illustration and the links and references at the end were also helpful.

@Horus , this should be going on th FB page...genuinely a useful article.

Back
Top Bottom