What's new

Report :Average price of mobile phone sold in India is Rs. 10,764

third eye

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
India
Average price of mobile phone sold in India is Rs. 10,764: Report

Gurgaon (Haryana): The average price of a mobile phone sold in India is Rs. 10,764 and the median price is Rs. 7,180, iShopper Mobile Trends Report has revealed.

According to the report, 28 percent of the phones fall in the price range of Rs. 2,000 to Rs. 5,000.

The trends report also shows the split up of phones based on brand and operating system.

While Samsung has the highest number of phones in the database (19 percent), Android is the most widely used operating system with 31 percent of the Indian market share.

According to the report, 36 percent of the 538 mobiles listed on iShopper are dual sim phones.

Also, 81 percent of the phones have the bar form factor, the report said.

The report showed a whopping 58 percent of the phones sold are now touchscreen phones.

Windows OS has so far managed to get only a 4 percent of the handset volume share.

The most popular mobile on iShopper.com continues to be the Samsung Galaxy Y, the attractively priced smartphone from Samsung, running the android operating system.

Vivek Pahwa, Director, Accentium Web said that ‘the cool thing about this report is that it auto updates every time prices and/or the database is updated.’

“We continue to add new phones to our database, and the prices also change as market prices for the phones change online. While calculating average prices, we use the lowest available price for a phone in the market. We have many exciting and interesting features in development for our users, especially around choosing the perfect mobile phone,” Pahwa added.

:woot: 10764 * 1 billion ( 85% population hv phone) - :cheesy: thats a huge amount of money.

Micro max is an Indian brand which is doing well world wide.

Micromax-A110.jpg

I had HTC Salsa ....I recently changed it to Micromax a90 ....no regrets even when it is 2000 less than salsa ...the features are unimaginable .....

I had HTC Salsa ....I recently changed it to Micromax a90 ....no regrets even when it is 2000 less than salsa ...the features are unimaginable .....

How long have you been using a Micromax ?

One is apprehensive about buying this brand, what are your experiences ?

Indian brands are know for quality and consumer satisfaction at affordable rates.

How long have you been using a Micromax ?

One is apprehensive about buying this brand, what are your experiences ?

I have been using it for around now 7-8 months ....I have used cells from all the brands in hte 4 yrs of my engineering career right from nokia x6 to samsung ace then salsa now a90 ...all around the same price range.... but this has given the most satisfying xperience

:lol:

You need to travel a bit more.

He means in the Indian context & in the Indian market when compared with phones from international brands.

I have been using it for around now 7-8 months ....I have used cells from all the brands in hte 4 yrs of my engineering career right from nokia x6 to samsung ace then salsa now a90 ...all around the same price range.... but this has given the most satisfying xperience

Worth buying ?

Battery life, does it last a full day now after 7-8 months ?

He means in the Indian context & in the Indian market when compared with phones from international brands.

Worth buying ?

Battery life, does it last a full day now after 7-8 months ?

Even after listening to music about 5 hours a day and playing games in free times i just have to charge it only at the night like for a hour.....but better you should buy a110 as they have discontinued a90

I am using the micromax A110 since a week, bought it for Rs-10000/-
Features and everything else are ok, the only problem is with its battery... Doesnt work for more than 10-12 hours... BUt I use it for net surfing 3-4 hours a day, playing games and other resource hungry apps... Except for the battery the piece seems just fine..!!

Back
Top Bottom