What's new

Remembering 1st November...

WAJsal

SENIOR MODERATOR
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
1st November is marked as the day when Gilgit-Baltistan liberated itself from the Dogra rule. Gilgit Scouts, our forefather their efforts and sacrifices are dearly remembered. More details here:
https://defence.pk/threads/gilgit-baltistans-liberation.375789/
Flag hoisting ceremony held in Chinar Bagh to mark GB Independence Day
WhatsApp-Image-2016-11-01-at-10.21.38-AM.jpeg

Flag hoisting ceremony was held at Chinar Bagh, and floral wreaths were laid on the monument of martyrs who laid down their lives fighting against the Dogra occupiers and Indian Army, liberating the Gilgit-Baltistan region.

@Arsalan ,@shimshali ,@saiyan0321 ,@Side-Winder ,@waz ,@Moonlight ,@Kambojaric ,@Chauvinist ,@member.exe ,@krash ...

Happy GB independence day. Man why isn't this a national day all over pakistan. Today was the say our brothers freed themselves from the oppressive reign of the dogra.

I salute the liberators. They are heroes unrivaled.

69TH INDEPENDENCE DAY OF GILGIT-BALTISTAN CELEBRATED
Gilgit-Baltistan liberated from Dogra forces and declared independent State on 1st November 1947.
File Photo

file-photo-1477976472-3540.jpg

09:31 AM, 1 Nov, 2016

The 69th Independence of Gilgit-Baltistan was celebrated with zeal on Tuesday.

Gilgit-Baltistan liberated from Dogra forces and declared its independent State this day in 1947.

The day dawned with special prayers at mosques after Fajar prayer for solidarity, prosperity and integrity of Pakistan and Gilgit-Baltistan.

In a message, Minister for Kashmir Affairs and Gilgit-Baltistan Chaudhary Barjees Tahir has felicitated the people of Gilgit-Baltistan and said the valiant people had struggled against Dogra rule and liberated the region in 1947.

He said PML-N led government in Federal and Gilgit-Baltistan are taking keen interest in the development of the area.

The Minister said that Gilgit-Baltistan is a peaceful region and the government will maintain this status in future.

http://www.radio.gov.pk/01-Nov-2016/69th-independence-day-of-gilgit-baltistan-being-celebrated-today

Thank you from the core of our hearts to the people who gave away their lives for freedom..
You'll always be remembered till the sun shines and moon sparks..

Azaadi Mubarik Husan E Mujassim..!!!

Akheer-Scene-of-Sunset-At-Nanga-Parbat-The-Killer-Mountain30791175_20165625631.jpg

As I always take a cold breath after watching the mesmerizing beauty of Gilgit...
As a part of me belongs to here.. Dia Mir...!!

The day when our forefathers fought against dogra to gain independence...happy independence day gilgit baltistan

I'll mark that day, my forefathers were a little earlier off the starting bloc hahahah (Spring). They fought their hearts out, they fought together and will forever be connected. The only parts of Pakistan that went to war for their freedom. I still think AJK's have better hills than our darda kin, but their ,mountains trump anything in AJK. :o:

1st November is marked as the day when Gilgit-Baltistan liberated itself from the Dogra rule. Gilgit Scouts, our forefather their efforts and sacrifices are dearly remembered. More details here:
https://defence.pk/threads/gilgit-baltistans-liberation.375789/
Flag hoisting ceremony held in Chinar Bagh to mark GB Independence Day
WhatsApp-Image-2016-11-01-at-10.21.38-AM.jpeg

Flag hoisting ceremony was held at Chinar Bagh, and floral wreaths were laid on the monument of martyrs who laid down their lives fighting against the Dogra occupiers and Indian Army, liberating the Gilgit-Baltistan region.

@Arsalan ,@shimshali ,@saiyan0321 ,@Side-Winder ,@waz ,@Moonlight ,@Kambojaric ,@Chauvinist ,@member.exe ,@krash ...

I've always felt this profound romanticism towards Gilgit-Baltistan's fight for freedom. One of the most peaceful and loving people on the planet, living in the remotest region in the world, under forced brutal foreign occupation, a handful in number, left voiceless, powerless, at the mercy of foreign powers' whims, saw what was to unfurl before anyone else, took up arms and fought tooth and nail for the greatest gift that there can be.........they won it! And presented it to their country, Pakistan.

One reads the accounts of the events and realises that there was not one child, not one woman, not one man who did not know what was to be achieved and how it was to be achieved. There were no ifs, no buts, just a singular aim. Dear neighbours, what have you!?!

Edit-------------

I got some treats for the occasion. These are placed at the military station in Bunji, right besides Jaghlot.

The "Leading Five". These five very fine gentlemen are credited with leading the Gilgit Baltistan forces in their fight for freedom.

IMG-20160929-WA0001_zpstldcbx7h.jpg

The chair of the Gentleman who was sent as the Governer of Gilgit by the Dogra Maharajah so as to keep GB under control since the British were withdrawing,

IMG-20160929-WA0000_zpsxu7wd3mf.jpg

Not related to the war but this masterpiece was made just with cigarette burns on the canvas,

IMG-20160929-WA0003_zpsobuto5kd.jpg

Last edited:
The "Leading Five". These five very fine gentlemen are credited with leading the Gilgit Baltistan forces in their fight for freedom.

IMG-20160929-WA0001_zpstldcbx7h.jpg

The chair of the Gentleman who was sent as the Governer of Gilgit by the Dogra Maharajah so as to keep GB under control since the British were withdrawing,

IMG-20160929-WA0000_zpsxu7wd3mf.jpg

Not related to the war but this masterpiece was made just with cigarette burns on the canvas,

IMG-20160929-WA0003_zpsobuto5kd.jpg
Very good share, @shimshali ..

Back
Top Bottom