What's new

Reaffirming ban on graphic content.

Kompromat

ADMINISTRATOR
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
Hello everyone.

We have been noticing some members still posting graphic content, mostly in threads related to the conflicts in Syria and Iraq, despite members being warned about the ban we impose on the display of graphic content. This message is to notify that our team would be targeting such posters and appropriate bans would be handed out to them. We want this activity to cease with an immediate effect. We also request our readers to directly tag and report to moderators about graphic content so it can be taken down.

Best Regards | Pakistan Defence Administration.

Hello everyone.

We have been noticing some members still posting graphic content, mostly in threads related to the conflicts in Syria and Iraq, despite members being warned about the ban we impose on the display of graphic content. This message is to notify that our team would be targeting such posters and appropriate bans would be handed out to them. We want this activity to cease with an immediate effect. We also request our readers to directly tag and report to moderators about graphic content so it can be taken down.

Best Regards | Pakistan Defence Administration.
What about posting links to graphic content?

@Jungibaaz @Horus @Chak Bamu @WebMaster :

It is my opinion that links to graphic stuff should be allowed, maybe as "hidden links" with a warning to those who click it. I'm saying this because the graphic nature of some pictures actually depicts the graphic nature of reality out there. What is happening in Syria and other war torn places is not pretty. By completely censoring all such content, you may be whitewashing what is happening. I understand that you wouldn't want such pictures displayed on your website, which is why I'm wondering if you could permit external links with sufficient warning. I mean, clicking the link should give a message that the user is leaving PDF for an external site with graphic content, and only discerning and consenting viewers should proceed.

I'm just suggesting this as constructive criticism. I myself have not posted any such pictures, nor do I intend to. But I have a feeling that such pictures might serve a purpose - to teach people the horrors of war. I'm sure you know that there are many active members on this forum who yearn for war, in the mistaken understanding that it is all about glory and laurels. Maybe if they get a dose of the reality, the horror of war and conflict, they might become less prone to warmongering.

I'll draw a parallel to my own experience. I once visited an exhibition, where there was one stall put up by the local authorities, full of graphic photographs of road accidents. Since then I resolved never to overspeed or pull stunts on the road or break traffic rules.

Content related to graphic images (killings in Syria, Palestine), calling for mass murder or injuries to a group (ISIS videos/pics), linking to ********/copyright material (movies, ebooks) is against the rules and will result in immediate ban. Please dont force us to ban you, and kindly report the offenders immediately for a healthy PDF.

Does that mean you can't call for the mass murder injuries of ISIS? Or does it mean you can't call for ISIS to do the mass murders or injuries of a group? Or neither?

Well, I got infraction for a thread already posted in several weeks ago.

BTW, I am sure that I won't engage into any discussion related to IS/Syria/Iraq anymore.

@WebMaster @Horus
Thanks for the new policy on graphic contents. Some posts were really disturbing.
BTW, can you let us know what has happened to Syria and Iraq threads in ME section? are there going to be new threads for Iraq and Syria?
What about Members introduction? Are the threads removed?

Videos/images of ISIS and their propaganda videos are banned.

Videos/images of people getting killed and injured in Syria/Palestine/Iraq are banned. They are too graphic for this forum.

There is no debate on this policy, basically it existed and we are just enforcing it, and enforcing it hard.

Old intro threads are deleted and hoping new members introduce themselves constructively as it was losing the section purpose.

Because those topics about Syria and Iraq, some people might unintentionally post the graphic pics and links.

So the best way to stay away from these topics.

BTW, @WebMaster , now everytime I login, there is a red warning message as the header. Could you help me to remove that?

Back
Top Bottom