What's new

Raw jute export falls by 30pc in three years:Cold ties with Pakistan blamed

HIMEL@BD

Reaction score
Country
Bangladesh
The country's raw jute export witnessed lowest export in FY2013 compared to the last three years as the shipment (in value) was reduced by 30 per cent.
Cold bilateral relations with one of the key export destinations Pakistan was the main reason behind the fall as export to the country was reduced by 0.2 million bales (per bale= 180 kg) during the period.
Export to Pakistan dropped to nearly 0.35 million bales in FY'13 from 0.55 million bales in FY'11, the association data showed.
A leading raw jute exporter, requesting anonymity, attributed the reduction to cold foreign policy with Pakistan.
"Our jute sector has a great possibility in Pakistan as the country has a great demand of the produce. Jute- made sack and bags have a huge demand in Pakistan for her agro product packaging," he said.
"But, lack of diplomatic initiatives with the country is destroying the possibility," he added.
Another exporter cited visa complexity of Pakistani businessmen to enter Bangladesh.
"The Bangladesh government has imposed many restrictions on visa for Pakistanis, which is giving a bad message to Pakistani businesses," he said.

Raw jute export falls by 30pc in three years :: Financial Express :: Financial Newspaper of Bangladesh

And my middle finger salutation to Bangla current regime for deteriorating cordial relations with Pakistan for no reason despite repeated warm gestures shown by Pakistani Government.

I cant understand Why trade and commerce will be affected due to cold bilateral relation! Even the worst anti-Indian Bangladeshi will never say to hamper trade relation between India and Bangladesh, so why for others?

I cant understand Why trade and commerce will be affected due to cold bilateral relation! Even the worst anti-Indian Bangladeshi will never say to hamper trade relation between India and Bangladesh, so why for others?

Because of the pro indian Hasinas ego and deep hatred!

About time to diversify from jute. Jute has contributed well to your economy until now , but it's about time to move away from it. Jute requires large hectares of land, takes up a lot of water. Besides , you earn peanuts after selling it. How much will one earn after selling 10 kg of jute? Perhaps 10 dollars? Besides , as new and cheaper nylon fibers continue to be developed , jute prices will further fall. You are much better off growing cash crops even though they might be a bit harder to grow.

Well bangladesh is not the only exporter so their loss for imposing restrictions on pakistan as we are not desperate to import bangladeshi products.

It is also because many Pakistani Manufactures have shifted from Pakistan to BD or other countries or closed shop .

So its a No brainier why demands fell . No matter how bad the relations are businesses don't care much about it .

It is also because many Pakistani Manufactures have shifted from Pakistan to BD or other countries or closed shop .

So its a No brainier why demands fell . No matter how bad the relations are businesses don't care much about it .

let me surprise you we have growth this years :lol:

Growth in Industries using Jute or cotton :coffee:??

i guess cotton because there was a news yesterday that due to high ratio of exporting cotton to China by India, now India is importing cotton from Pakistan to cater to own needs

Maybe , balancing the foreign policy isn't such a bad thing after all ? :azn: Because the world doesn't run on emotions but on money .

Back
Top Bottom