Rats' snacks can solve world food price crisis: Indian Official

Spring Onion

PDF VETERAN
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
R.at snacks can solve world food price crisis: Official
14 Aug 2008, 0540 hrs IST,AGENCIES

PATNA: Eating ra.ts is the best way for rich and poor people to solve the global crisis of rising food prices, an official said on Wednesday as he unveiled his plan to put rodents on menus.
Regular r.at snacks would translate into fewer rodents eating precious grain stocks - 50 percent of which are lost in the northeastern state of Bihar every year to the animals, said Vijay Prakash, secretary of the state's welfare department.

"This will help in mitigating the global food crisis. We are sure that it will work wonders," Prakash said. "It will save half our grain, and will also reduce villagers' dependence on food stock."

Prakash's plan promotes consumption of r.at meat in homes, street stalls, restaurants and even international five-star hotels. :woot:

He said he was also holding talks with prestigious hotels outside India to encourage them to put r.at meat on their menus, but admitted his scheme had to overcome public prejudice.

"The only issue is how people react to r.at meat, but I think it will not be a problem," he said.

"Some socially deprived people in Bihar have always consumed r.at meat. If they can eat rats, why can't the rest of the people?" he said.

Members of the Mushar community and some other impoverished groups have traditionally eaten ra.ts in India.

"R.at meat will make up nutrition deficiencies among villagers, since ra.ts are a major source of protein," Prakash said.

*** snacks can solve world food price crisis: Official-India-The Times of India

Any buyer of the Idea???

Any information if other than Behar people in other parts also eat r.ats????

Jokes apart....not a bad idea. The Vietnamese eat rats, so do the Koreans.

Jokes apart....not a bad idea. The Vietnamese eat rats, so do the Koreans.

Cultures that do not look abhorrently at consuming such food, sure might be a good idea, but not going anywhere unless its an option for countries facing famines.

And if a nation is facing a famine, are there any rats left?

Cultures that do not look abhorrently at consuming such food, sure might be a good idea, but not going anywhere unless its an option for countries facing famines.

Its a great idea infact. It'll make rats a commercial product and drastically reduce their numbers.

Famine or not...rats are always around. I've never eaten a r.at myself, but I have eaten pretty weird stuff.

I'll wait to see a picture of you eating a *** before I buy into the 'great idea' part. :D

Just a quick point, as 'great' as an idea you may have, its not going anywhere commercially unless you find a market for it.

I'll wait to see a picture of you eating a *** before I buy into the 'great idea' part. :D

Just a quick point, as 'great' as an idea you may have, its not going anywhere commercially unless you find a market for it.

Oh you wanna bet? You supply the rats, I'll eat 'em!!

Don't you worry about the market. Indians will eat anything :lol: (except cows of course :angel: ) (and dogs and cats and horses) (and crows and pigeons and snails and tigers and elephants) (come to think of it, Indians spare a lot of animals)

Oh you wanna bet? You supply the rats, I'll eat 'em!!

Don't you worry about the market. Indians will eat anything :lol: (except cows of course :angel: ) (and dogs and cats and horses) (and crows and pigeons and snails and tigers and elephants) (come to think of it, Indians spare a lot of animals)

:) jokes apart if Indians spare alot of animals why they are now ready to eat Ganish ???

Well Agno the Idea i would welcomed if it realy helped fighting the poverty and shortage of food in India. But unfortunatly i differ with the idea of this so-called Indian official as its such a pitty that he has come up with this ugly idea forcing people to eat something very disgusting.

Instead this official should have advocated abolishing some practices prevailent among the Indians wherein alot of food is wasted which could have been served to hungry people and overcome food shortage.

Well Agno the Idea i would welcomed if it realy helped fighting the poverty and shortage of food in India. But unfortunatly i differ with the idea of this so-called Indian official as its such a pitty that he has come up with this ugly idea forcing people to eat something very disgusting.

Nobody is forcing anybody to eat. Its more like "promtoting" and "encouraging".
Also, what you consider as disgusting might not be so in other cultures.

Instead this official should have advocated abolishing some practices prevailent among the Indians wherein alot of food is wasted which could have been served to hungry people and overcome food shortage.

Oh wow...You're such a genius Jana....who could have thought of that!

Who is this Ganish? Is he your boyfriend? (ouch)

The r.at god in hinduism.

Isnt the r.at god called ganish ???? if im wrong then kindly correct me what you call that god. But im sure there is this practice of worshiping a ra.t god by Hindus. is it???

The r.at god in hinduism.

Isnt the r.at god called ganish ???? if im wrong then kindly correct me what you call that god. But im sure there is this practice of worshiping a ra.t god by Hindus. is it???

You need to revise your knowledge of Hindu gods Jana. It seems to be rather vague and prejudiced.

You need to revise your knowledge of Hindu gods Jana. It seems to be rather vague and prejudiced.

yeh you are right i guess.

Ganesh is that elephent headed god in hindusim.

Hey what is this Karni Mata ????

the r.at godess ???

Back
Top Bottom