What's new

Ratan Tata to fly F-16 at Bangalore air show

Goodperson

Reaction score
Ratan Tata to fly F-16 at Bangalore air show

NEW DELHI: After sealing the $12-billion jumbo deal to buy Anglo-Dutch steel-maker Corus, Tata Group chairman Ratan Tata is set to pull off another surprise by flying a fighter jet at the Aero India Show in Bangalore from February 7-11.

The 69-year-old trained pilot will fly Lockheed Martin’s F-16 multi-role combat aircraft during the show that the Bethesda, Maryland-based defence and aerospace major will feature. It proposes to sell 126 of them to the Indian Air Force.

“Lockheed Martin officials are handling this matter. The finer details of when, where and what is being finalised,” a Tata official said, confirming the proposed sortie on an F-16 by the group’s chairperson who enjoys flying.

‘‘I don’t get spare time, but whatever time I have is spent flying. I am a trained pilot for both planes and helicopters,’’ Tata said.

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/Tata_to_fly_F-16_at_air_show/articleshow/1561152.cms

This might be irrelevent,but does that mean that Tata's are planning to get into Defence Production and Lockheed is seeing them as a future partner, or is it just a joyride for a great man

This might be irrelevent,but does that mean that Tata's are planning to get into Defence Production and Lockheed is seeing them as a future partner, or is it just a joyride for a great man

This guy likes anything that has an engine, planes, cars etc

And before this he has flown a mirage over the atlantic from france to US.

is Tata Group planning to enter defence industry. Tata-Birla is origionally a steel and cement manufacturer? Is India also planning to buy F-16's or f-18's or both?

With Indian designed boats sinking before acceptance there is little left to do. And I doubt that India will get F18e/f with latest radar if these radars don't work 100% work US at the moment.

Even if products are offered to India it takes decades to get them in India.. Look at the Hawk deal. And that was just a trainer. We know how long we are in MRCA deal...

The RFQ would be out in this year itself.
We always have MiG 35 with Israeli radar.

I have to agree that Mig29 and SU30 are very neat planes. Certainly MKI will be a ace Pakistan has to counter with more then average. It's range, radar and weapons are more then a danger. But it is extremely unstealthy... And big...

indias first commercial piolet was his dad j.r.d tata whom at that time launched indias first airlines which was later undertaken by india gov as
indian airlines
he is certenly looking into the business of producing aircraft material
in mass production.

Back
Top Bottom