What's new

Rape in marriage not a crime, Indian court rules

i don't care for these stats one bit.
i am not an abuser and will never be,,,,but what if a woman just complains against me for touching her arm or saying i love u??
what if she complains that i was stalking her??
what if she says i was asking for dowry??
what if she says i raped her 4 months back??

in all the above cases i go to jail without any proof
Do you think law makers are anti-men???
No proof??
You gotta be kidding me ....
Proofs like letters emails, telephone conversations, any record of the communication or witnesses who are ready for cross questioning in the court have to be produced in the court.
And it is equally hard on the gal, remember any lie or contradicting statements can bring much more misfortune...she can be booked undrr 340 CrPC for lying under oath..which has an equivalent punishment..7 years.

So the laws 're not "pro-women" at all as you assume them to be.

An accused man is not a guilty man he's still free and the case drags on for 6-7 yrs.

Do you think law makers are anti-men???
No proof??
You gotta be kidding me ....
Proofs like letters emails, telephone conversations, any record of the communication or witnesses who are ready for cross questioning in the court have to be produced in the court.
And it is equally hard on the gal, remember any lie or contradicting statements can bring much more misfortune...she can be booked undrr 340 CrPC for lying under oath..which has an equivalent punishment..7 years.

So the laws 're not "pro-women" at all as you assume them to be.

An accused man is not a guilty man he's still free and the case drags on for 6-7 yrs.

sadly u don't know the jack of any law,,,i do.
confirm and ask any lawyer or law graduate what i say is correct or not.

read the new rape law of 2013..............not the older one.

sadly u don't know the jack of any law,,,i do.
confirm and ask any lawyer or law graduate what i say is correct or not.

read the new rape law of 2013..............not the older one.
Soooo Mr.Know it all, show me where does this new law state that "no proof" is required to put a stalker or offender behind the bars??
A stalker gets 7 years or more only if he's a repeat offender.

he-man said:
in all the above cases i go to jail without any proof
Prove it.

he-man said:
indian law is too pro women
Not at all....
1)The horrific finger test to which a rape victim was subjected after rape was scrapped just recently...the new law I mean
2) The new law doesnt still protect a woman from spousal rape.Btw did you know that the chances of false accusation is far less than what you assume??? Rape investigations 'undermined by belief that false accusations are rife' | Society | The Guardian
3) Armed forces in "disturbed areas" are still effectively immune from prosecution for rape and sexual assault.
4) The new law has only included death penalty and increased the years behind bars...

the woman complained after 1 year through a blog and that person is now screwed big time.
search the tarun tejpal case,the guy can be jailed for 10 years for not even doing rape......................just a small molestation in an elevator for like 30-40 seconds.
Just a small molestation ???
Did you even read what he did to her in those 30-40 seconds???
One , even a "small" molestation (which in this case was not small imo) can leave a psychological scar for life on the victim.Do you understand how humiliating it can be for that gal??? It gives me creeps to even think of what he did to her.
Two, that gal was his daughter's age.....I feel like puking already.

Soooo Mr.Know it all, show me where does this new law state that "no proof" is required to put a stalker or offender behind the bars??
A stalker gets 7 years or more only if he's a repeat offender.

Prove it.

Not at all....
1)The horrific finger test to which a rape victim was subjected after rape was scrapped just recently...the new law I mean
2) The new law doesnt still protect a woman from spousal rape.Btw did you know that the chances of false accusation is far less than what you assume??? Rape investigations 'undermined by belief that false accusations are rife' | Society | The Guardian
3) Armed forces in "disturbed areas" are still effectively immune from prosecution for rape and sexual assault.
4) The new law has only included death penalty and increased the years behind bars...

Just a small molestation ???
Did you even read what he did to her in those 30-40 seconds???
One , even a "small" molestation (which in this case was not small imo) can leave a psychological scar for life on the victim.Do you understand how humiliating it can be for that gal??? It gives me creeps to even think of what he did to her.
Two, that gal was his daughter's age.....I feel like puking already.

dude don't test my knowledge here,,,law states what i have said.

molestation,rape,dowry,stalking need no proof.
just complaint of that woman.

rest u wanna indulge in academics,be my guest but i am giving u a practical aspect.

the woman who reported against ak ganguly and the one who complained against tejpal virtually have destroyed their lives.
both will go to jail for at least 7 years without doing anything severe.

sure tejpal may be wrong but to punish him as rape and give him 10 years is far too much

dude don't test my knowledge here,,,law states what i have said.

molestation,rape,dowry,stalking need no proof.
just complaint of that woman.
I asked you to prove it didnt I??

he-man said:
rest u wanna indulge in academics,be my guest but i am giving u a practical aspect.
Practical???
I find it risible.

he-man said:
the woman who reported against ak ganguly

She was an intern and it would need a lot of courage to go against a judge of AK ganguly's calibre.The social stigma that a female faces in such cases would make her think atleast10times before lodging a case against the offender.
Though in ak ganguly's case its not clear whether there's a political conspiracy?
he-man said:
and the one who complained against tejpal virtually have destroyed their lives.
both will go to jail for at least 7 years without doing anything severe.

sure tejpal may be wrong but to punish him as rape and give him 10 years is far too much

Haah!
So you still think that the psychological trauma that the gal would've gone through would heal in less than 10years and ergo he should be punished for lesser number of years???
Btw Tarun Tejpal's was a womanizer.... he had victimized many in the past and ppl were well aware of his behavior,including his own daughter.Its just one such case that surfaced,I hope he gets a life term for doing it to a gal of his daughter's age.

Other than repeating your sentences again and again you dont have anything to prove the false notions that you harbor.

I asked you to prove it didnt I??

Practical???
I find it risible.

She was an intern and it would need a lot of courage to go against a judge of AK ganguly's calibre.The social stigma that a female faces in such cases would make her think atleast10times before lodging a case against the offender.
Though in ak ganguly's case its not clear whether there's a political conspiracy?

Haah!
So you still think that the psychological trauma that the gal would've gone through would heal in less than 10years and ergo he should be punished for lesser number of years???
Btw Tarun Tejpal's was a womanizer.... he had victimized many in the past and ppl were well aware of his behavior,including his own daughter.Its just one such case that surfaced,I hope he gets a life term for doing it to a gal of his daughter's age.

Other than repeating your sentences again and again you dont have anything to prove the false notions that you harbor.

don't need to reply to typical stupid posts when people don't understand what they are talking about,,,,sorry to be so harsh.

when someone complains against u then u would understand the gravity of the situation,,,its prety common though,false complaints.

but i don't think u are well versed with the indian affairs anyways,,otherwise u would know people feel the same way as i am talking about.

read section 375 and 376 of IPC and then come and discuss what u want

he-man said:
when someone complains against u then u would understand the gravity of the situation,,,its prety common though,false complaints.
Did I not prove you wring just now?? Did I not show you that its just a false notion that you harbor???
he-man said:
but i don't think u are well versed with the indian affairs anyways,,otherwise u would know people feel the same way as i am talking about.

read section 375 and 376 of IPC and then come and discuss what u want

Where does it say "no proof" is required to prove the allegation???

don't need to reply to typical stupid posts when people don't understand what they are talking about,,,,sorry to be so harsh
And please read my signature....loudly. Sorry for being so harsh on you.

i don't wish to reply to someone who dosen't know shit.
i would have been harsher if it was someone else but there it is.

the onus of proof lies on the accused in case of rape and dowry cases,,,,,ask anyone.
woman just has to complain

well, to prevent marital rape...........as i've said in the other thread, men and women should marry according to their libido count.
Before marriage they should carefully scrutinize whether their would be partner has the same level of sexual urge.....

Proper matching and mixing will solve a hell lotta problem.....

Last edited:
he-man said:
the onus of proof lies on the accused in case of rape and dowry cases,,,,,ask anyone.
woman just has to complain
wow!!!
If this was the case then the dowry deaths would not have been as high as "one woman every one hour in India".
Its pathetic that MCPs still exist in Indian society.
India: Shock Dowry Deaths Increase Revealed

i don't wish to reply to someone who dosen't know shit.
Mind your language!
Other than claiming that you know EVERYTHING you havent proved anything that you claim to know on this thread.
he-man said:
i would have been harsher if it was someone else but there it is.
The negative rating and ban helps I guess.

Did I not prove you wring just now?? Did I not show you that its just a false notion that you harbor???
I advocate strong laws against rape and dowry. We need them but just as it happens with any other law, these laws do have a tendency of being abused. I am not saying that all cases are like this but there is a minuscule percentage of false cases. And once the allegation is made and FIR is launched Police is bounded by the Law to catch the accused and they need to spend a few weeks in the jail before they get a bail hearing.

wow!!!
If this was the case then the dowry deaths would not have been as high as "one woman every one hour in India".
Its pathetic that MCPs still exist in Indian society.
India: Shock Dowry Deaths Increase Revealed

Mind your language!
Other than claiming that you know EVERYTHING you havent proved anything that you claim to know on this thread.

The negative rating and ban helps I guess.

i am not bothered about stupid bans............and i certainly don't mince words when i see ignorance.
as i said u have no idea what is happening in india at the moment.

i never said rapes or dowry deaths are less,,,,,,,,,,,,,my point being law is being misused especially the 2013 ammendment to the rape law is horrible when they have accorded molestation as status of rape and included the stalking in the law which is epitome of stupidity.

let me tell u more
according to adultery law,only male is liable to punishment and female goes scott free..............u are free to research this too

i am not bothered about stupid bans............and i certainly don't mince words when i see ignorance.

i never said rapes or dowry deaths are less,,,,,,,,,,,,,my point being law is being misused especially the 2013 ammendment to the rape law is horrible when they have accorded molestation as status of rape and included the stalking in the law which is epitome of stupidity.

let me tell u more
according to adultery law,only male is liable to punishment and female goes scott free..............u are free to research this too
22 ji inna gussa kaa toh? relax karo yaar ... weekend aye ..chill.

I am an Indian...and I may not be physically there right now but I do know what is "happening" in India.
The rate at which women are violated and killed would definitely not match the false accusations you're talking about.

he-man said:
Most of the rape cases or acid attacks have happened after the so called "stalking" incidents thats one strong reason why stalking was included.
And understand that in India half the cases of rape still dont get reported because of the social stigma attached to it.

he-man said:
let me tell u more
I never said laws are fool proof....

I advocate strong laws against rape and dowry. We need them but just as it happens with any other law, these laws do have a tendency of being abused. I am not saying that all cases are like this but there is a minuscule percentage of false cases. And once the allegation is made and FIR is launched Police is bounded by the Law to catch the accused and they need to spend a few weeks in the jail before they get a bail hearing.
Only if they are repeat offenders do they get non bailable warrants.
And yes you are right that sometimes "false cases" are filed too....but the chances of it happening are rare.

I am an Indian...and I may not be physically there right now but I do know what is "happening" in India.
The rate at which women are violated and killed would definitely not match the false accusations you're talking about.

Most of the rape cases or acid attacks have happened after the so called "stalking" incidents thats one strong reason why stalking was included.
And understand that in India half the cases of rape still dont get reported because of the social stigma attached to it.

I never said laws are fool proof....

Only if they are repeat offenders do they get non bailable warrants.
And yes you are right that sometimes "false cases" are filed too....but the chances of it happening are rare.

if u are not here,,,u have no idea whats going on here
as simple as that,ur only source of info is media channels and a newspaper,,,maybe internet.

i live here,talk to people everyday and know situation 1000 times better than u ever will.

make any law u want neither rapes nor dowry deaths are gonna stop till people change the mindset and that ain't gonna happen overnight.no
minimum of a generational change is required for any substantial change and that means at least 10-15 years will be required.
rest is bullshit

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom