What's new

Rana, Malik get one-year bans, Younis and Yousuf axed from teams

Thats what any team wants, hes of my age and I hate to say that he plays better cricket than me..lol... but yeah, He is a best player of his age... he is 19, isnt he???

Yes he is 19 and that also surprises me how he can play that good after being only 19 :rofl:

I was impressed with his ability to hit sixes........... like Afridi made fastest hundred when he was only 16-17 i can't understand where they got the strength to hit that long sixes in such a small age

oh well i guess so,

they have a right of appeal so it is possible this ban will be converted into a fine and make a punishment similar like Afridi and Akmal brothers

IMHO they both are very good players and can win you matches, such harsh decision made are often reversed when reality seeps in. I think they went too far.

Yes he is 19 and that also surprises me how he can play that good after being only 19 :rofl:

I was impressed with his ability to hit sixes........... like Afridi made fastest hundred when he was only 16-17 i can't understand where they got the strength to hit that long sixes in such a small age

arre yaar, what more strength do you require when eating Wheat and milk,. arre Roti aur dal and half a glass of milk, u can even send the ball to mars..lol.. seriously....

IMHO they both are very good players and can win you matches, such harsh decision made are often reversed when reality seeps in. I think they went too far.

Yes such decisions have been reversed in past but this time i have a feeling its a different kind of decision, and even if they reverse later on they will still know that if they do any such mistakes again they can be dropped once again.

They are already 34-35 or something like that so it is possible and about to be retired after WC2011 and they recent performance was also not good so it is highly unlikely they return that early. If they come back say after 6 months and play 2-3 series they will take retirement again for sure.

arre yaar, what more strength do you require when eating Wheat and milk,. arre Roti aur dal and half a glass of milk, u can even send the ball to mars..lol.. seriously....

Hitting a six is not a problem but hitting sixes in a single matches requires a lot of strength and you know when a batsmen makes 100 runs in 72 balls he needs a lot of rest to carry on with his performance.

Hitting a six is not a problem but hitting sixes in a single matches requires a lot of strength and you know when a batsmen makes 100 runs in 72 balls he needs a lot of rest to carry on with his performance.

I dont think so buddy, iam a cricketer Myself, I play for India pistons, We have training soon after the match gets over, 2-3 hours break and get going... yes you will be tired but , they make it a part of your life... thats how it is and thats how it should be...

Afridi (Served his punishment already)
Rana (Don't know he was quite in form in recent national finals)
Younis (He is not even in team)
Yousif (To his credit his team played well in frist 2 test)
Akmal (Horrible)
Akmal2 (Questionable fake injury)

I think PCB has over done itself again ... they should have banned
Akmal brothers for 5 matches

Afridi already has his ban , and should have been given verbal warning

Rana is in Top Form in National 20/20 with ball and bat

Akmal wicket keeper (deserved to be dropped for 5 games)
Akmal Jnr ( Needs to be benched 3 game)

Malik , it was not his decision to make him captain , he was stuck with it when Jnr made him captain and now that he is groomed we
are kicking him out

Younis , he did not wanted to be captain , what part of that PCB does not understands - ???

The HEFTY $$ fines is just money grab !!!! They know the players made money from abroad so they are just robbing them with fines

I dont think so buddy, iam a cricketer Myself, I play for India pistons, We have training soon after the match gets over, 2-3 hours break and get going... yes you will be tired but , they make it a part of your life... thats how it is and thats how it should be...

oh yaar we Pakistani/Indians start playing cricket at the age of 5. I know what you mean but i know its not easy to continue playing like that :D you need rest consistantly to go for big shots

Anyway nice talking to you

disagree

first time after long time PCB has taken the right decisions

And for your general knowedge yes we have seen the changings being done in PCB management structure too......... The chief selector is changed (resigned himself), the coach is changed and i am not sure but may be any other governing body member may also have been changed. But the 2 key roles will bring a lot of changings to the whole team

How many PCB officials been banned for a year? how many for the rest of their lives? how many been fined for millions of rupees?

You have a lot to ponder over my friend.

If you think our players have attitude/behaviour problems, then you probably never heard of the Aussie's behvaiour and attitude problems and never thought about how the Australian board handles their arrogant world champs.

Thats what any team wants, hes of my age and I hate to say that he plays better cricket than me..lol... but yeah, He is a best player of his age... he is 19, isnt he???

Absolutely agree, he should be the envy of every young batsman in the world.

So far he is probably the *best* under 20/young batsman in the world that i've seen on videos so far.

No other young player as capable in terms of handling pressure at int'l level and as brave and feerless to hit sixes off the likes of Bond in test cricket at such young age as Umar Akmal. :pakistan:

How many PCB officials been banned for a year? how many for the rest of their lives? how many been fined for millions of rupees?
You have a lot to ponder over my friend.
If you think our players have attitude/behaviour problems, then you probably never heard of the Aussie's behvaiour and attitude problems and never thought about how the Australian board handles their world champs.

The management can never be banned....... they should always be changed/replaced

Enough warnings had been given to players but they were making groups and dividing our team. They were putting themselves before Pakistan. They deserved to get punishment, they got what they deserved. Blaming each other in media is against the code of conduct and this punishment will start a new chapter in the history of Cricket in Pakistan. Yes decision about Yousuf and Younis is a bit harsh but they also deserved some sort of punishment. Now the future will decide if the punishment given to them is good or bad they are going to appeal hopefully and lets see the outcome of it

@ Aussies attitude

you are forgetting about Andrew Symonds i guess?

Removing Yousuf and Younis...man....They are legends....Just like removing sachin and dravid from India.Well since they cannot play for Pak may be they should migrate to England and play for them or may be even India....

Removing Yousuf and Younis...man....They are legends....Just like removing sachin and dravid from India.Well since they cannot play for Pak may be they should migrate to England and play for them or may be even India....

there was a time when india sacked its senior players in a similar manner........... and decided to make Dhoni a new captain. Similar kind of punishment is given to them

They deserved it............ when players are trying to show their power and challenge the board.......... they deserve the punishment

there was a time when india sacked its senior players in a similar manner........... and decided to make Dhoni a new captain. Similar kind of punishment is given to them

They deserved it............ when players are trying to show their power and challenge the board.......... they deserve the punishment

They never sacked Dravid or Ganguly bys saying that they can never come back.Ganguly left out on his own terms.Dravid played again in Champions Trophy.I am just saying Yousuf is a legend..He has record of highest runs in one calendar year.All this because of stupid Shoaib Malik.Straighten him...And Younis..?That men never wanted to be captain...PCB first thrust captaincy on him then fire him for what??For scoring triple century?for scoring double centuries?
Guys they were two pillars of Pak batting line up..In the new players I only find Umar Akmal technically good ,others are just hitters.Sure we would miss the "Y"s atleast I will .

They never sacked Dravid or Ganguly bys saying that they can never come back.Ganguly left out on his own terms.Dravid played again in Champions Trophy.I am just saying Yousuf is a legend..He has record of highest runs in one calendar year.All this because of stupid Shoaib Malik.Straighten him...And Younis..?That men never wanted to be captain...PCB first thrust captaincy on him then fire him for what??For scoring triple century?for scoring double centuries?
Guys they were two pillars of Pak batting line up..In the new players I only find Umar Akmal technically good ,others are just hitters.Sure we would miss the "Y"s atleast I will .

oh well Y's recent performance has been very poor. They were supposed to be dropped from the team due to their poor performances. I believe banning them forever is little bit harsh but dropping them was not a bad idea.

Younis Khan has made cricket a joke in last 1 year or so........... he became captain, rejected to become captain....... became captain again rejected again. Thats not a problem but when it was most required him to play as a batsmen for example in NZ or Australia Test series he wasn't available. His attitude was very disappointing and Yousuf had been blaming the team and specifically Shoaib Malik for the last 2 years or so. He could be right but he should not come on TV and blame him for all the losses. He was part of the team and in many matches he wasn't even playing when they lost the match but he continued blaming Malik.

The had made groups and were being divided........... Two Y's could still have been picked up by their performances but they had personal issues and Malik was also becoming a headache for the team. Appropriate decisions were required and i was hoping similar decisions from PCB except the shocking news of two Y's.

Afridi (Served his punishment already)
Rana (Don't know he was quite in form in recent national finals)
Younis (He is not even in team)
Yousif (To his credit his team played well in frist 2 test)
Akmal (Horrible)
Akmal2 (Questionable fake injury)

I think PCB has over done itself again ... they should have banned
Akmal brothers for 5 matches

Afridi already has his ban , and should have been given verbal warning

Rana is in Top Form in National 20/20 with ball and bat

Akmal wicket keeper (deserved to be dropped for 5 games)
Akmal Jnr ( Needs to be benched 3 game)

Malik , it was not his decision to make him captain , he was stuck with it when Jnr made him captain and now that he is groomed we
are kicking him out

Younis , he did not wanted to be captain , what part of that PCB does not understands - ???

The HEFTY $$ fines is just money grab !!!! They know the players made money from abroad so they are just robbing them with fines

Kamran Akmals and Rana had match fixing allegations......... who knows if match fixing played a role in banning of Uncle Rana

i dont know what is a probleum with pcb im ok with the bans but the bans which given to yousuf and younis they dont deserved that only malik and rana should have given those type of bans becoz malik is more responsible than them and pcb imposing ban on yousuf and younis it is now clear that pakistan going to loose tests in future for sure who they play misbah and farhat in place of these two which i dont understand in future pakistan has to play alot of test cricket it is beyond my mind yousuf younis deserve the ban but not of this type for sure they have beeen fined heavyily but i dont know who is making stupis decision who ever has made this he is enemy of pakistan and i hope nation should stand for yousuf and younis for malik and rana i agreeee with the ban

Back
Top Bottom