What's new

Ramban: BSF fired suddenly, I could've been killed myself, says J-K SP

Areesh

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
BSF personnel in Gool shot a 32-year-old teacher of political science in the head even as he was trying to reason with the agitated mob, the superintendent of police (SP) of Ramban said a day after the firing that killed four people, injured over 15, and triggered massive protests across Kashmir.

He had a close shave himself, and narrowly missed being hit by a bullet, SP Javed Ahmad, who was present at the time of the firing outside the BSF post on Thursday, said.

"Manzoor Ahmad Shan was with me. He was standing next to me. He was trying to pacify the people who were angry. He was hit by a bullet," the SP told The Indian Express on Friday.

"I myself had a miraculous escape. The BSF men opened fire suddenly. I too would have been killed had my colleague not dragged me away," he said.

The SP said the police were standing between the BSF camp and the protesters. "We had been controlling the mob for an hour. There was no need to open fire," Ahmad said.

Several thousand angry protesters had gathered outside the BSF camp on Thursday morning following reports that the imam of the local mosque had been beaten up and the Holy Quran desecrated the previous night. Among those who were killed in the firing was a labourer with a disabled wife and two small children, and Manzoor Ahmad, the assistant professor who had been trying to pacify the protesters.

Residents of Gool said that as day broke on Thursday, some 10,000 people from 18 villages in the surrounding mountainous area had begun to assemble at Dharam, where the BSF camp is located.

"The villagers were angry and were raising slogans. Manzoor (Ahmad Shan) sahib was trying to pacify them," Ghulam Hussain, a resident of Salbala village, said. "Suddenly, they (the BSF) fired a bullet that hit Manzoor sahib in the head. This was followed by a barrage of indiscriminate gunfire," Hussain said.

On Friday, The Indian Express found Gool — which is 207 km from Srinagar, and 55 km from Ramban on the Jammu-Srinagar national highway — eerily calm and tense. The BSF had abandoned its Dharam camp the previous night. The J&K Police had taken over the premises. Entire villages were out of their homes to mourn the dead.

Villagers said that about an hour before the firing, SP Ahmad had managed to persuade the protesters to step back from the BSF camp after promising action against anyone found guilty of the alleged incidents of the previous night. Tempers, however, boiled over after Ramban deputy commissioner Shyam Vinod Meena allegedly arrived at the spot and asked people to wait until Eid.

"This infuriated the villagers and they pushed back the policemen and again moved towards the camp where they were fired upon," said a villager.

The 150-km stretch of highway from Srinagar to Ramban was dotted with burning tyres and stone barricades on Friday. Hundreds of people had assembled on the highway to protest the deaths at Gool.

The J&K government has announced a compensation of Rs 5 lakh each to the families of those killed in the firing.

Ramban: BSF fired suddenly, I could've been killed myself, says J-K SP - Indian Express

So far according to the reports even from India media it was the frustrated BSF which behaved as an as$hole.

These incidents happen coz the terrorists spread rumors that Quran is disrespected.It has happened many times before and i myself am a witness to the fake propaganda being a part of the state of J&K.

Poor Muslims get carried away by their emotions for their religion(which is always their case) and never try to verify the facts which results in the clashes.

Due to this nature of Muslims only the SMS service was banned in 2008 in the state.

These incidents happen coz the terrorists spread rumors that Quran is disrespected.It has happened many times before and i myself am a witness to the fake propaganda being a part of the state of J&K.

Poor Muslims get carried away by their emotions for their religion(which is always their case) and never try to verify the facts which results in the clashes.

Due to this nature of Muslims only the SMS service was banned in 2008 in the state.

SO that's how you defend this act, Shameful. Defending condemnable acts of BSF and Indian Hindu Army killing kashmiri muslims while the only proof you got is "may be some terrorist spread rumour", so please bring forward that terrorist who spread , until then it will be considered a lie that Soviet indian psychotic extremists trying to spread so to discredit the sacrifices of kashmiris

SO that's how you defend this act, Shameful. Defending condemnable acts of BSF and Indian Hindu Army killing kashmiri muslims while the only proof you got is "may be some terrorist spread rumour", so please bring forward that terrorist who spread , until then it will be considered a lie that Soviet indian psychotic extremists trying to spread so to discredit the sacrifices of kashmiris

I am not defending anything.It is a sad incident that people got killed but equal fault is of those who spread these false rumours.

In 2008,some bad elements of the society spread this rumour that Hindus have destroyed a Mosque in Jammu city and burned Quran which was found out to be completely false and because of which till today SMS service is banned on pre paid numbers(for post paid numbers the ban got lifted in 2010).

I am not defending anything.It is a sad incident that people got killed but equal fault is of those who spread these false rumours.

In 2008,some bad elements of the society spread this rumour that Hindus have destroyed a Mosque in Jammu city and burned Quran which was found out to be completely false and because of which till today SMS service is banned on pre paid numbers(for post paid numbers the ban got lifted in 2010).

Even the Kashmir police SP is saying BSF opened fire indiscriminately, but you and your lot still shamelessly defending BSF.

Even the Kashmir police SP is saying BSF opened fire indiscriminately, but you and your lot still shamelessly defending BSF.

Go and learn English first.

And highlight the line for me where i am defending them incase you have forgotten to wear your specs today i quote my post again.

Go and learn English first.

And highlight the line for me where i am defending them incase you have forgotten to wear your specs today i quote my post again.

Please bring forth the reports or evidences which said this incident is based on FALSE RUMORS?

Please bring forth the reports or evidences which said this incident is based on FALSE RUMORS?

Being witness to a incident is worth more than stupid reports being published in newspaper.

You kindly show me the evidence that the maulvi was indeed beaten up by the BSF.

Being witness to a incident is worth more than stupid reports being published in newspaper.

You kindly show me the evidence that the maulvi was indeed beaten up by the BSF.

Why? BSF shoots people and then ask evidence to prove the innocence of killed one's, Wah, happens in soviet india.

The BSF said a mob of around 700 people tried to break into the armoury where sophisticated weapons had been stacked and it was then that they fired in self-defence. A senior BSF official said the mob pelted at least 15,000 stones on their outpost.

"It is not in our charter of duties to interact with local people. We are there to assist the local administration. The BSF team comprising 30 personnel, posted in the Dharam area where the incident took place, has been deployed to look after the security of the newly opened Qazigund-Banhihal rail link," said Krishna.

A senior BSF official said it was the local police, which fired first after the crowd turned violent. "It is too early to say who fired first, but both BSF and local police had to fire in self-defence as the mob became agitated and was trying to break into the room where we had kept our arms and ammunition," he said.

BSF: Will sack those found guilty - Indian Express

The BSF said a mob of around 700 people tried to break into the armoury where sophisticated weapons had been stacked and it was then that they fired in self-defence. A senior BSF official said the mob pelted at least 15,000 stones on their outpost.

"It is not in our charter of duties to interact with local people. We are there to assist the local administration. The BSF team comprising 30 personnel, posted in the Dharam area where the incident took place, has been deployed to look after the security of the newly opened Qazigund-Banhihal rail link," said Krishna.

A senior BSF official said it was the local police, which fired first after the crowd turned violent. "It is too early to say who fired first, but both BSF and local police had to fire in self-defence as the mob became agitated and was trying to break into the room where we had kept our arms and ammunition," he said.

BSF: Will sack those found guilty - Indian Express

What a disgusting statement to begin with. Indian occupied Police SP was trying to cool down mob, If some mob charged towards BSF post or was trying to break in to "imaginary sophisticated armory of a checkpost" SP would have mentioned it in his statement, so a trigger happy indian soldiers first killed civilians and now pinning the blame on them, as if MOB killed indian soldiers which prompted BSF firing on them

First they fire, than they cover up their deeds without any remorse and with lamest excuses.

What a disgusting statement to begin with. Indian occupied Police SP was trying to cool down mob, If some mob charged towards BSF post or was trying to break in to "imaginary sophisticated armory of a checkpost" SP would have mentioned it in his statement, so a trigger happy indian soldiers first killed civilians and now pinning the blame on them, as if MOB killed indian soldiers which prompted BSF firing on them

First they fire, than they cover up their deeds without any remorse and with lamest excuses.

They dont need to.. If there was a violent/aggressive mob attacking the post, they are within their rights to shoot .... period...

They dont need to.. If there was a violent/aggressive mob attacking the post, they are within their rights to shoot .... period...

But whereMOB attakced the POST? Indian occupied kashmir Police was already negotiating with the MOB which were at safe distance from checkpost?

Guess you didn't read the news article. Your brave BSF also killed those guys who were trying to pacify the mob.

"Manzoor Ahmad Shan was with me. He was standing next to me. He was trying to pacify the people who were angry. He was hit by a bullet," the SP told The Indian Express on Friday.

They also tried to kill police officer of IOK.

"I myself had a miraculous escape. The BSF men opened fire suddenly. I too would have been killed had my colleague not dragged me away," he said.

In fact people were pacified by the police officer. It was the hindu deputy commissioner who provoked them again.

Villagers said that about an hour before the firing, SP Ahmad had managed to persuade the protesters to step back from the BSF camp after promising action against anyone found guilty of the alleged incidents of the previous night. Tempers, however, boiled over after Ramban deputy commissioner Shyam Vinod Meena allegedly arrived at the spot and asked people to wait until Eid.

First you insult them. You humiliate them. Then you provoke them. And when they protest, you kill them.

And then you say it is Pakistan who is behind all troubles in IOK. Thori sharam karlo yaar. Dehli walai r@pe sai ziada sharam ki baat hai yeh. :)

Guess you didn't read the news article. Your brave BSF also killed those guys who were trying to pacify the mob.
Once bullets start flying, collateral damage is quite possible.. Regrettable, but possible.. Pakistan knows this well.. PA has both killed accidentally its own innocent citizens as well as has been killed by its allies in the fog of battle..

Having said that, if the folks of BSF really used disproportionate force, they need to be punished as per law..

Back
Top Bottom