What's new

Raise your fist as its Youm-E-Takbeer

Long live Pakistan - :pakistan: - پاکستان زندہ باد

Dulce et decorum est pro patria mori. [It is a sweet and seemly thing to die for one's country] (Horace; the Roman soldier, scriba quaestorius (Latin), & poet)

A people's voice is dangerous when charged with wrath. (Aeschylus; the Greek playwright & soldier)​

Maybe we would be safer internally and externally, if instead of raising our fists, we might educate, feed and keep our populace safe from disease, hunger and such depravity.

Agreement on that , but i would still like to raise my fist , may i?

Mubarak to the whole Nation for Youm-e-Takbeer!

Pancho nodir tir-e oronimoy Dhushoro Sindhu-r moru saharai, jhandai jage je azad Pakistan zindabad, Pakistan zindabad, Pakistan zindabad zindabad.

I didn't understand this but I am sure it must be something really good :undecided:

Long live Pakistan - :pakistan: - پاکستان زندہ باد

Dulce et decorum est pro patria mori. [It is a sweet and seemly thing to die for one's country] (Horace; the Roman soldier, scriba quaestorius (Latin), & poet)

A people's voice is dangerous when charged with wrath. (Aeschylus; the Greek playwright & soldier)​

You do realize that it starts as 'the old lie : Dulce et decorum est pro patria mori' ?

You do realize that it starts as 'the old lie : Dulce et decorum est pro patria mori' ?

I just checked Wikipedia regarding that, the link is below:

Dulce et decorum est pro patria mori - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Perhaps the most famous modern use of the phrase is as the title of a poem, "Dulce Et Decorum Est", by British poet Wilfred Owen during World War I. Owen's poem describes a gas attack during World War I and is one of his many anti-war poems that were not published until after the war ended. In the final lines of the poem, the Horatian phrase is described as "the old lie."[2] It is believed[by whom?] that Owen intended to dedicate the poem ironically to Jessie Pope, a popular writer who glorified the war and recruited "laddies" who "longed to charge and shoot" in simplistically patriotic poems like "The Call."

From what I understand, this writer named Owen modified this proverb to discourage people from going to war. However the original proverb remains as it is.

A historic day forPakistan indeed ad a geat success for the nation. It indeed detered war with India on a few occassions.

Praise for Allah without which this all was impossible............................

Respect for the unsung heroes who have given their uncounted lives for this purpose. Respect for those who spend their lives for the sake of this country and made us where we are today.

Even with all the maslay and difficulties we have today it was and till now it is one of the best things we have in Pakistan.

May Allah give jazaa to all the people who have given their lives for this country and for its cause.May Allah make us more stronger more unite , more caring and make us a string nation.Ameen

My fist is rasied in the respect of the unsung heroes ................. :tup:

Allah o akbar...
Congratulations to all Muslims.....specially Pakistan
It is day of success not only for Pakistan but for all Muslims.
Long Live Islam............Long Live Pakistan

Dear Armstrong Bhai agr tugy yh mulk psnd nhi hy to wahan chla ja jahan bjli ho.......hmny to yahan hi mrna jeena hy chahy jaisa bhi ho

Bhai tou buuumb rakh lei bijleee dei dei...June mein papers hein aur eik ghantaa bijlee aatee hai tou 2 ghantei jaaatei hei ! Jeeena haram kiya hova wa hai !

beta , aj is bum kay dum pay hum hen ... :azn:
:pakistan:

PakisTan zinDabaaD ... :pakistan:

|sLaam paiynDabaaD ... :sniper:

Allah o akbar...
Congratulations to all Muslims.....specially Pakistan
It is day of success not only for Pakistan but for all Muslims.
Long Live Islam............Long Live Pakistan

Dear Armstrong Bhai agr tugy yh mulk psnd nhi hy to wahan chla ja jahan bjli ho.......hmny to yahan hi mrna jeena hy chahy jaisa bhi ho

usmaan bhaiyee ap nay mere muu ki baat chheen lee ... :smitten:

ap kay moo men gheee shakkar ... :yahoo:
:pakistan:

Bhai tou buuumb rakh lei bijleee dei dei...June mein papers hein aur eik ghantaa bijlee aatee hai tou 2 ghantei jaaatei hei ! Jeeena haram kiya hova wa hai !

Bomb ko bijlee sai kiyun milatai ho bhai? Atom bomb nai to tumhain bijli bananai sai nahi roka. Facepalm.

Back
Top Bottom