What's new

Railways winning back confidence of passengers

Edevelop

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
2gww94x.jpg

ISLAMABAD - After the untiring and appreciable efforts of Federal Minister for Railways Khawaja Saad Rafique and his team, the Pakistan Railways (PR) had succeeded to a great extent in winning the passengers’ confidence which was evident from the priority passengers gave to railways over other public transport on Eid.
The traditional non-compromising attitude of the transporters and passenger-friendly policies of Pakistan Railways attracted a large number of passengers as after several years a heavy crowd of passengers with families were witnessed at different railway stations including Rawalpindi. Passengers are now preferring to travel by train because of appreciably low fares as compared with private transport. “I am thankful to the Railways administration which had run special trains on Eid,” said Asif Mehmood, a passenger returning to Rawalpindi from his hometown after celebrating Eid. Talking to APP he said Eid trains have especially mitigated the suffering of people, adding, high quality services being provided in the trains had won their hearts.
After many years, he had seen well-cleaned trains and efficient staff at the railway station. A Karachi-bound passenger Mohammed Javed told this scribe that he was highly impressed by the punctuality of the trains which was a major issue for the passengers. After more than 10 years, he said, they were travelling by train as timings have been improved and the fare was also considerably less than private transport. It was pertinent to mention that the Pakistan Railways had run 13 special trains on Eid from Karachi, Peshawar, Quetta, Lahore and Multan to facilitate passengers besides reducing fares by 50 per cent for two days on Eid ul Fitr for all classes of all trains. Hafiz Abdul Qayyum, Chairman PR Daily Passengers Association, said the PR had improved its quality and timings under the supervision and leadership of PR Minister Khawaja Saad Rafique.
He said passengers had stopped using railways but after several improvements, they were returning to the PR and their trust in it had restored.
PR General Manager (Operations) Anjum Pervaiz told APP that it was the result of dedication of staff and workers saying that the continuous efforts of the PR minister had played a vital role in achieving the targets. He said the minister’s motivation had made the administration and workers more confident.
Meanwhile, Pakistan Railways was also working on a project to ensure provision of clean drinking water facility to its employees and passengers, said Divisional Superintendent Rawalpindi Syed Munawar Khan.
“Under the project, the facility will be made available in next eight months to all PR employees and passengers across the Rawalpindi Division,” he said.

Good job GOP. Keep improving it, please.
2 engine to pehly hi din phail ho gay thay. Cheen ka maal hai bhaiya.. Chalay to khoob challay warna khataara!!
I wish that Our railway get surplus. But on Eid occasions , we can see huge crowd which is always expected.
We should get engines from India.

2 engine to pehly hi din phail ho gay thay. Cheen ka maal hai bhaiya.. Chalay to khoob challay warna khataara!!
I wish that Our railway get surplus. But on Eid occasions , we can see huge crowd which is always expected.

I do not agree at this china ka maal stuff.. China provides what you order, they ordered bulky engines, and bulky engines they got. Its the Minister of Railways who should be held responsible for those engines.

Article is about PR's performance on Eid. There are many other factors beside the engines, like administration and management.

@ Engines, in China you get what you pay for. You reduce the price, they downgrade the quality. Simple as that.
And engines from India, personally I wouldn't mind if you are getting good stuff for your money. But a) With my limited knowledge about railway engines in India, I can bet that Chinese are light years ahead of India. b) Indians will not give you soft loans / free stuff.

ISLAMABAD - After the untiring and appreciable efforts of Federal Minister for Railways Khawaja Saad Rafique and his team, the Pakistan Railways (PR) had succeeded to a great extent in winning the passengers’ confidence which was evident from the priority passengers gave to railways over other public transport on Eid.

No neeed to read further this bullshit paragraph... the Red marking statement is enough to understand the credibility of the article...

People priority Railway because of not RAILWAY performance .. but because of "$$$"... Public transport is EXTREME EXPENSIVE than Railway... Compare both ticket and you will get an idea about why people prefer railway... secondly the writer of this article atleast do some research before writing such article. In PPP Govt, public travel on such occasions was the same as today....

Oh s***. Yeh kya hou raha hai bhai? I'm the dim ke followers ki tau neendein haraam hou jayengi iss news se.

Back
Top Bottom