What's new

Railways denies Chinese firms’ locomotive manufacturing projects for non-compliance

China's bullet train maker supplies cars to Delhi metro
http://www.hindustantimes.com/world...ies-cars-to-delhi-metro/article1-1141223.aspx

The Delhi Metro Rail Corporation (DMRC) has bought 21 railway cars from the leading bullet train maker in China.
The company had sold 15 subway cars to DMRC in 2010. CSR Zhuzhou Electric Locomotive is a subsidiary of a major Chinese train manufacturer, CSR

Corporation.
Chinese state media quoted a statement from the company as saying that the trains would be more energy efficient and thus be an industry model because India is affected by power shortages.

CSR is China's leading bullet train maker, and CSR Zhuzhou Electric Locomotive manufactures European-standard metro trains, the statement added.

China’s railway sector has rapidly developed in the last three decades.

During Prime Minister Manmohan Singh’s Beijing visit last week, India had sought China’s help in developing infrastructure in the sector.

While railways in India carry more people, the railway sector in China is ahead in carrying freight.

“We are seeking their expertise to find out if trains can run up to 200 km per hour on existing tracks. Also, if heavier loads can be moved on the existing track,” Montek Singh Ahluwalia, deputy chairperson of Planning Commission, had said in a briefing on Singh’s visit last week.

He added that China has deep expertise on moving heavy loads through the rail network.

“On modernisation of railways, India and China's interests coincide. And not as aid but as a commercial interest, we have offered two railway stations to China to modernise,” Ahluwalia added.

He said till the early 80s, the level of sophistication of the railway networks in both countries was at par. But then China made rapid progress in the next three decades.

China has the world’s longest network of high speed trains with routes crisscrossing nearly 10000 km already functional.

For example, a high speed train that connects Beijing and Shanghai completes the journey of over 1300 km in five hours.

Its subway trains,We manufacture them at India too...

Sorry but India don't manufacture trains. Laughable stuff. These dudes can't even manufacture a bullet and they expect us to believe they manufacture trains. Lol yea riiiiight.

India is just a giant call centre. That's all they will ever be.

Sorry but India don't manufacture trains. Laughable stuff. These dudes can't even manufacture a bullet and they expect us to believe they manufacture trains. Lol yea riiiiight.

I believe they do assemble trains of inferior or questionable quality using imported parts and components and with the step-by-step help of foreign technicians。

I believe they do assemble trains of inferior or questionable quality using imported parts and components and with the step-by-step help of foreign technicians。

I believe yours is rip-off version.

Indian make trains and they are better than the low quality Chinese train engines, Pakistanis still complain about the defective Chinese engines they bought from China.

Nope, the point you are trying to make is to cherry pick older images and troll around.

Carry on.

I dont't think these images are that old. In any event, they are still representative of the state of the Indian Railways TODAY.

These videos are very recent:

Nope, the point you are trying to make is to cherry pick older images and troll around.

Carry on.
Trolling is his birthright! Try as you may, it cannot be stopped as it is engraved deep in his DNA!! In fact it's part of his malfunctioning DNA!!

I dont't think these images are that old. In any event, they are still representative of the state of the Indian Railways TODAY.

You mean something like this.

crowded_train_stations_in_china_18.jpg

crowded_train_stations_in_china_20.jpg

_50537460_ojtrains.jpg

_65704105_cnytravel1.jpg

You mean something like this.

crowded_train_stations_in_china_18.jpg

crowded_train_stations_in_china_20.jpg

_50537460_ojtrains.jpg

_65704105_cnytravel1.jpg
Surely, even you can see that no one is riding ON TOP of trains in China. Or am I to understand that you believe riding on top of trains due to over-crowding is a mark of superior infrastructure and service?

Surely, even you can see that no one is riding ON TOP of trains in China. Or am I to understand that you believe that riding on top of trains due to crowding a mark of superior infrastructure and service?

Jumping in the train through windows shows the good quality of Chinese railway system. :cheesy:

Indian make trains and they are better than the low quality Chinese train engines, Pakistanis still complain about the defective Chinese engines they bought from China.

I agree, and we still ride the very reliable trains Gandhi donated to the United States more than 60 years ago.

Jumping in the train through windows shows the good quality of Chinese railway system. :cheesy:

Could you explain why Indian made locomotives in Sri Lanks breaks down every 116 minutes on average?

And riding on top of trains shows Indian frugality. No money for tickets or bribes? No problem, ride free on top!

Jai Hind!

Back
Top Bottom