What's new

Rahat Fateh Ali Khan detained over undeclared foreign currency

118_I-see-what-you-did-there.jpg

Some of the Pakistanis here have serious potential to be top quality fiction novelists. The conspiracy theories you guys come up with. :woot:

Detention for crime is a very selective choice.. We have seen some detention threads lately, but when it comes to self, its always double speak.

Detention at airports is not a HUGEEEEE news , it happens every now and then and has happened with Indians too , even shahrukh khan and few other ministers from India has been subjected to it in the past.

But its convenient to open a thread about it and add some masala.. its fun.. so enjoy...

....is that the Pakistani artists should know that they are in most cases not welcome there. And should be very careful dealing with the indian authorities, as they will not let a moment go by to screw them up.
Please let us know any ONE instance, where Indian Government Authorities have so called "screwed" up your Artists? ... Maybe what you are referring to is the action from political parties like Shiv Sena?

Yet again if Rahat has broken any law as I said earlier he should be ready to face the repercussions.

Chill. He does not face any criminal prosecution. He just needs to pay up the duties on that additional cash.

According to the statement of the Chairman of the CBEC, Rahat and two other persons were carrying out more than USD 100,000 in cash in their baggage without a declaration. This will invite questions under FEMA and the IT acts.

Is he going to claim diplomatic immunity ;) Atleast dogmatic immunity? Automatic?

Ok seriously, whats the big deal? He was carrying so much cash, he'll be detained. If he's innocent, he can always say the money is not his :)

Will he do that?

Well unfortunately they are the only source of info at this point of time. One thing that this incident should do which should have been the case already after the beating of the comedian in Bombay whose name I cant remember, is that the Pakistani artists should know that they are in most cases not welcome there. And should be very careful dealing with the indian authorities, as they will not let a moment go by to screw them up. Yet again if Rahat has broken any law as I said earlier he should be ready to face the repercussions.
well nothing is clear now. As for pakistani artists not welcome in india is true to some extent but they were always welcomed in kashmir. Remember the response Junoon band got when it sang Azadi in kashmir. :)

Don't be ridiculous. Pakistani artists are welcome in India but the rules must be followed.

Such arrests keep happening so don't be paranoid. At most, he'll be asked to cough up a penalty and let go.

But I must add that snice he happens to be a Pakistani, our guys are of course going to be more cautious with him but is that their fault? What would your guys do if you were in our place and it was an Indian who was caught.

Neother am I being ridiculous nor am I being paranoid, after all I am not an indian you see. :D

Back to the topic and your habit of reading half the post, you should have seen that 2wice I have said that if he is guilty he should face the music. And also the reason I am not in favor of Pakistani artists going there, you should also remember what happen at bombay airport when the good old SS beat the Pakistani comedian in bright daylight in front of the police and all.

Neother am I being ridiculous nor am I being paranoid, after all I am not an indian you see. :D

Back to the topic and your habit of reading half the post, you should have seen that 2wice I have said that if he is guilty he should face the music. And also the reason I am not in favor of Pakistani artists going there, you should also remember what happen at bombay airport when the good old SS beat the Pakistani comedian in bright daylight in front of the police and all.

I was replying to the latter part of your post and don't compare SS with security agencies.

BTW, what would you have done if it were an Indian who was arrested in Pakistan in similar conditions?

To only have this knowledge ?? can u confirm this with a reliable source ?? and why u people forget the Rauf lala won the Indian comedian show In which Indian comedian comes second to him ? so overall we love pakistanis artist but do not paint all indians as like a jingoistic party like shiv sena and that is the bottomline.

To only have this knowledge ?? can u confirm this with a reliable source ?? and why u people forget the Rauf lala won the Indian comedian show In which Indian comedian comes second to him ? so overall we love pakistanis artist but do not paint all indians as like a jingoistic party like shiv sena and that is the bottomline.

Pakistani stand-up comedian Shakeel Siddiqui was driven out of a television set at Mohan Studios in Andheri on Wednesday by members of the MNS and asked to leave the country immediately.

Shakeel Siddiqui, a comedian, had reportedly gone to Mohan Studio to perform for Sony TV’s reality show Chinchpokali to China. While he was getting ready for the shoot, around 10 MNS workers barged into the studio and forced him to leave the place.

MNS & Shiv Sena Targets Pakistani Artist Shakeel

Not exactly sure but I think the rules are something like this :

A person coming into India from abroad can bring with him foreign exchange without any limit. However, if the aggregate value of the foreign exchange in the form of currency notes, bank notes or travellers cheques brought in exceeds USD 10,000/- or its equivalent and/or the value of foreign currency exceeds USD 5,000/- or its equivalent, it should be declared to the Customs Authorities at the Airport in the Currency Declaration Form (CDF), on arrival in India.

and / or

In India, any person can bring into India from a place outside India foreign exchange without any limit. However, declaration of foreign exchange/currency is required to be made in the prescribed Currency Declaration Form in the following cases:-

(a) Where the value of foreign currency notes exceeds US$ 5000/- or equivalent

(b) Where the aggregate value of foreign exchange (in the form of currency notes, bank notes, traveler cheques etc.) exceeds US$ 10,000/- or its equivalent

Thank you Third eye. I dint know that before. and i am dead sure Rahat also must not be knowing about the declaration part :)

above all i am now amused that why he was carrying $100,000 to India.

$100,000 is not a big amount that he'd be doing some sort of big business here... Probably to save a few bucks by not going through regular remittance channels.

Anyways, I hope he gets let off on a big fine, and there's no attempt to give him jail time by India or else they would be starting another row with Pakistan.

He is probably planning to move to India. 100,000 dollars should buy him a decent two bedder in Mumbai?

I'm glad to hear about this. All the Pakistani dogss/traitors which go to india should be treated like this by indian forces. :tup:

Back
Top Bottom