What's new

Rafale is not a Game Changer - Senior Analyst Shahzad Chaudhry

Why so many threads of rafale if it is game changer or not.
Sleep well folks, its not a game changer. 8-)

He is retired for several years now. Every new induction is not told to every retired officer. Policy could change any time. Stop taking everything as word of GOD. The claim of J-10 and other jets could be true and could be false. Just wait things out. And if J-10 come it won't come as answer to Rafale for GOD sake that answer most likely will be F-16 new model. J-10 would be a Mirage replacement if claims are true.

Mate , said it so many times , j10 offers nothing new . And u can hear same in this interview. Wht he said in the end , i have heard the same from someone frm high ranks tht j10 program evolved and learned alot from jft program and paf inputs.
DON'T UNDERESTIMATE JF THUNDER .block 3 wld surpass anything availble in paf inventory and Iaf su30, m2000,mig 29 and it wld surely give a tough fight to rafael

It may not be game changing aircraft for Pakistan for sure.However, it adds up more teeths to the IAF's Inventory
such as Spectra,Meteor,Scalp and etc.However, i won't underestimate Jf-17 it is a cheaper platform which has formed backbone of the PAF.Being a lightweight platform it can be quickly built and deployed.The only disadvantage the jf-17 might have is shorter range,Payload and hardpoints.

When are the Thunder block 3s expected ?

Mr Chaudhry mentioned radar but skipped mentioning the Rafale's AESA, which is also a big advantage.
Sometime you need to ras between the lines. Not everything is handed on a plate. Its nit school

Very comprehensive ? This was a milquetoast analysis.

He didn't mention the SPECTRA EW suite which makes the Rafale so dangerous, no mention of the stand off weapons and other munitions either.

Also, there will be a LOT more than 36 by the end of it.

He also dismissed the J-10 as some sort of transitory temporary system for the PLAAF..

and the J-20s will not be for export, PAF will get the J-31.
What is the source for claiming there will be more than 36?

I believe that PAF's primary mission is simply protecting Pakistani airspace and for this, they have an adequate inventory. They do not see Rafale as a game changing threat but it does tilt the odds more into IAFs favor, gives the IAF a more capable asset for a range of missions.

To say it like it is, PAF would like to have more American fighters.. They are in love with the F-16s, but until such a deal materializes morale must be boosted with whatever is available. The JF-17 is certainly a good supporting platform for the price.

Did I hear this right - that JF-17 is better than J-10 and China learned something from JF-17 which they used to improve the J-10?.. If true, Chinese must be quite stupid to not produce 100s of JFs for PLAF.

Current scheduled production of Block-3s and Dual Seater Bravos.

2020: Block-3 x2 and Bravo x14
2021: Block-3 x12 and Bravo x4
2022: Block-3 x12
2023: Block-3 x12
2024: Block-3 x12

PAF does not give a damn about the magical radars on Rafales just like it didn't give a damn about the 230+ Su-30 MKI mini awacs. That's something only special for you gullible Indian people.

Well put Indian fan boys jump up and down to much.

Pakistan just needs F16s - latest ones... problem (if there is any) solved ..

Woh jo J10 ki Picture laga k hint hint hint keh rahay that woh Zara samnay aaye.

What is the source for claiming there will be more than 36?

I believe that PAF's primary mission is simply protecting Pakistani airspace and for this, they have an adequate inventory. They do not see Rafale as a game changing threat but it does tilt the odds more into IAFs favor, gives the IAF a more capable asset for a range of missions.

To say it like it is, PAF would like to have more American fighters.. They are in love with the F-16s, but until such a deal materializes morale must be boosted with whatever is available. The JF-17 is certainly a good supporting platform for the price.

Did I hear this right - that JF-17 is better than J-10 and China learned something from JF-17 which they used to improve the J-10?.. If true, Chinese must be quite stupid to not produce 100s of JFs for PLAF.
No source, just a gut feeling.

Rafales, say what you will about them.. they certainly do change the game here, but it's been public knowledge forever.

From what i've read, they are going to jam pack the block 3 with all the goodies they have

let's wait and see.....

It may not be game changing aircraft for Pakistan for sure.However, it adds up more teeths to the IAF's Inventory
such as Spectra,Meteor,Scalp and etc.However, i won't underestimate Jf-17 it is a cheaper platform which has formed backbone of the PAF.Being a lightweight platform it can be quickly built and deployed.The only disadvantage the jf-17 might have is shorter range,Payload and hardpoints.

PAF certainly has a lot of faith in this aircraft though as it already has an air-to-air kill, and was used well as part of Operation Swift Retort last year. It has its deficiencies, but supplementing other aircraft like the F-16's is when it really shines.

There is nothing special about Rafale. You can do just so much while designing a 4th gen platform. You may call it 4.5 or 4+ Generation but at the end of day it is just a glorified 4th gen aircraft. India already had the capability with SU30s but they wanted to cutt us off from french market so made this purchase in a hurry by paying a hefty price. SU30 is more capable than Rafale in many aspects and could have been upgraded if to overcome any gaps in its capabilities. Unless India inducts a 5th gen fighter Pakistan can match anything in Indian Inventory. Indians as usual are trying to sell Gobar as gold so pay no heed to the foolS.

Back
Top Bottom