What's new

Rafale combat aircraft deal in FINAL STAGES : Manohar Parrikar

Rafale combat aircraft deal in final stages: Manohar Parrikar

Read more at:
Rafale combat aircraft deal in final stages: Manohar Parrikar - The Economic Times

NEW DELHI: The multi-billion dollar deal for purchase of 36 Rafale combat aircraft is in "final stages" of price negotiations, Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar has said.

A new roadmap for the upgradation of the inventory in the Indian Air Force is being prepared with focus on 'Make in India' initiative, and any future acquisition will be based on it, he told PTI.

The minister said that issues that came up in talks with the French on the Rafale fighter planes, like 50 per cent offset clause, have "almost been sorted out".

Refusing to put a timeline on when the final contract will be signed, Parrikar said, "It is in the final stages of price negotiations."

Prime Minister Narendra Modi had announced in April this year during his visit to France that India will acquire 36 Rafale planes in fly-away condition under a government-to- government contract.

"As of now we are talking about 36 (planes). I am not saying that it means we are thinking of buying more.

For our upgradation of the air force, we are preparing a roadmap. Once that roadmap is finalised and approved by the government, then we will go ahead as per the roadmap," he said when asked if India will be going in more Rafale aircraft.

Parrikar said that the roadmap will take into account the 'Make in India' initiative.

"One option is the Light Combat Aircraft (Tejas). In principle we have agreed to buy 20 LCAs in present form and another 100 with some improvements," he said.

On the offers made by global fighter jet plane makers to set up manufacturing bases in India, Parrikar said a decision would be taken as per the new policy.

The Defence Ministry is expected to come out with a new Defence Procurement Procedure soon that will be in tune with the government's initiative of 'Make in India'.

However, Parrikar made it clear that companies wanting to set up bases in the country will have to follow India's export control policy.

"Export also comes into play only once our order is finished. That will take 10-12 years. Even the best in the world can't make more than 16-20 per year unless they have multiple plants. Production for our own orders will take 8-10 years," he said.

From Swedish firm Saab to US' Lockheed Martin and France's Dassault Aviation, most of the global aircraft manufacturers have offered their planes in line with the government's push for 'Make in India'.

Indian Air Force had last month said it would need at least six squadrons comprising 108 Rafale or similar planes to shore up its capabilities.

Read more at:
http://economictimes.indiatimes.com/articleshow/49816589.cms?
utm_source=contentofinterest&utm_medium=text&utm_campaign=cppst

@PARIKRAMA @Abingdonboy @GURU DUTT @Spectre @MilSpec

37.jpg

and regarding plane
ucmn54.jpg

images

57645440.jpg

Still your momin Army ,Airforce and Navy who have following advantages
1. 1 Pakistani = 100 Short Dark Weak Bharties.
2. Tejas fail, Arjun fail,..............................................., India Fail.
3. JF17 which can shoot down Su30s like Ducks, Al Khalids and Al Zarrars which will rip apart T90s.
4. Pakistani 100% successful missiles.
5. Fail missile of India.
6. And 200 nuke bombs and NASRs.
Have not been able to gather enough courage , so as to take your Juglar vein back.

Then you are seriously making a big mistake somewhere.

Please add your failure to understand that

Car in the show room always looks better than the one on the road but it just sits there as an attraction.
The one on the road really serves it's purpose. !!

That depends on Cars and Countries Producing it actually.
For instance,

If Myanmar is BUYING F22s ( IF it can ) or JF17s ( IT ONLY can ) has a sharp contrast to Canada producing Avro Arrow.
Some will make a showoff of thieir moronic greycells , but the fact is, they wont understand the differnece between BUYING F22s and DEVELOPING the Arrow.

Of course JF17 is Flying and Avro was only built 2-4 in numbers.
Its Hard to realize that Tejas is Not just a Fighter like JF17, ( we have Assembled / Produced Jags Migs and even Sukhois ) Its an Aerospace Industry - "The Tejas Aerospace Insustry"

PS : Arrow , with Quadruple. FBW in late 50s got scrapped. It was even advanced to ANY EXISTING , USAF Fighter.

Aero India
Tejas has only flown at Home
while the JF-17 has flown at Paris Airshow and Dubai twice, and uncountable times at Home.

Source: Rafale combat aircraft deal in FINAL STAGES : Manohar Parrikar | Page 5
Well to be fair the Tejas is a lot more than F-7 which still retians its designation as JF-17. Take out the F-1 and you get J-7.
Even the J-10 is a J-7 mutilation. But the changes are drastic and so is performance regardless of the engine. The JF-17 however is no milestone. It is however China's version of the F-20 and Soviets version of the Mig-33 ie Mig-21 with RD-33 engine.
The reason why the original Super-7 project and the JF-17 never made it in the PLAAF is exactly because the performance from the original J-7 wasn't that different.
No production of the J-7 was stopped last decade exactly the same time the J-10 hit the shelves. The J-7 when upgraded with modern avionics is not only cheaper, but has more or less the same performance as the JF-17. The Tejas OTOH is not a Mirage 2000. Infact the Tejas has higher mounted wings. Its design is actually quite new and entirely from scratch, ie its not built upon an existing assembly line. Hence why it hasn't hit the shelves, because the production line doesn't exist. HAL is NOT responsible for the production of 120 odd units the IAF demands.
So, no. JF-17 maybe getting export orders, or flying at airshows, but to be fair this doesn't make the Tejas any less a failure. The only problem with the Tejas was the one every one saw coming. That was management.
And by the end of this, India will have private companies responsible for the assembly of Tejas and other aircraft. Creating domestic "variations" or Lockheed or Boeing though not on the same level. Its a start.

The question I asked in the first place was why is it not being mass produced???
Now you are pointing fingers at me.
Mass production will take time. Tejas is inducted and first aircraft has been delivered to IAF while next 3 aircrafts ( SP-2 to SP-4) are due to be delivered soon with quartz nose cone( enable them 80+ km range for 2 sqm target) and IFR probe.

Still your momin Army ,Airforce and Navy who have following advantages
1. 1 Pakistani = 100 Short Dark Weak Bharties.
2. Tejas fail, Arjun fail,..............................................., India Fail.
3. JF17 which can shoot down Su30s like Ducks, Al Khalids and Al Zarrars which will rip apart T90s.
4. Pakistani 100% successful missiles.
5. Fail missile of India.
6. And 200 nuke bombs and NASRs.
Have not been able to gather enough courage , so as to take your Juglar vein back.

Then you are seriously making a big mistake somewhere.
Courage for what?

India to Hard sell aircraft at airshow, to whom, civilians?

well yes cause its way too expensive and the air warfare is already in fifth gen fighters them why waste money on a 4.5++ gen fighter that too at same price of a Fifth gen fighter tell me if you had money what would you choose fifht gen or best of fourth gen :azn:
It is not about me
:)
I just thought i should check with you people if you really did had a change of mind, as soon as the news came out! It seemed that Rafale was THE PLANE a few months back,,
It was intriguing how quickly minds and statements changed :P and astonishing how many are stubborn enough to still come up with excuses and state them as facts.

It is not about me
I just thought i should check with you people if you really did had a change of mind, as soon as the news came out! It seemed that Rafale was THE PLANE a few months back,,
It was intriguing how quickly minds and statements changed :P and astonishing how many are stubborn enough to still come up with excuses and state them as facts.

Indian official stand has not changed about the quality of the plane. The issues are about feasibility (cost and time) of make in India, disagreement with france on TOT and the very high cost.

This is very clear. The changed stand of many posters is in light of the issues mentioned. If we get 126 for 10 billion as originally envisaged, we will be thrilled about it as before.

The devil is in the details.

It is not about me
well what if i told you i knew rafale would be chosen when almost all indian members were debating about who would be IAFs new MMRCA + that it might also never come to IAF in numbers IAF wanted :azn:

HERE IS THE BIGGEST OF ALL CONSPIRACY THEORIES .......thing is all this MRCA deal was a big kickbacks genrating scheme where a huge sum of money would have been paid in advanmce and after some time deal was to be shelved anyway and all the parties get there money while indian tax payer and IAF strenth was the looser ..... but it changed when NaMo came to power and dassult and foriegn maal lobby was given a zorr ka jhatka when MRCA deal was cancelled as dassult had already paid kickbacks to many parties to secure the deal and now want there money back or they threaten to open the pendoras box hence the foreign maal lobbiest still in power corridores of MOD are running like headless chicken......... rest you can speculate yourself :devil:

now the thing is rafale to many specially the DM & PM is not exiting in enof they both want to put tax payers money on fifth gen technology while keeping IAF happy by giving them couple or more squad of rafales (mind you each rafale is as good as 3 M2Ks)

:coffee:

Indian official stand has not changed about the quality of the plane. The issues are about feasibility (cost and time) of make in India, disagreement with france on TOT and the very high cost.

This is very clear. The changed stand of many posters is in light of the issues mentioned. If we get 126 for 10 billion as originally envisaged, we will be thrilled about it as before.

The devil is in the details.
I was never in doubt about the decision of IAF or GoI, it is the fanboys here that make it look funny :P
It is never good to create so much hype about the "rumored" plans that when they do not meet the reality one have to hide behind lies and present excuses :D
The truth is there was so much hype created around MMRCA by the internet warriors, the end result make them look stupid really.:lol:
Not to point you out or anyone, it i the general way people handle things on the forum. The BEST part is,, they are never short of excuses, Lolz

well what if i told you i knew rafale would be chosen when almost all indian members were debating about who would be IAFs new MMRCA + that it might also never come to IAF in numbers IAF wanted :azn:
I would say you are lying,, Pure and simple!
AND TRUE AS WELL

HERE IS THE BIGGEST OF ALL CONSPIRACY THEORIES .......thing is all this MRCA deal was a big kickbacks genrating scheme where a huge sum of money would have been paid in advanmce and after some time deal was to be shelved anyway and all the parties get there money while indian tax payer and IAF strenth was the looser ..... but it changed when NaMo came to power and dassult and foriegn maal lobby was given a zorr ka jhatka when MRCA deal was cancelled as dassult had already paid kickbacks to many parties to secure the deal and now want there money back or they threaten to open the pendoras box hence the foreign maal lobbiest still in power corridores of MOD are running like headless chicken.........
YET, you my friend, were among the biggest supporter of the procurement along with..... mmmmm... ALL other Indian members here?
I remember the jibes and chants, the claims and chest thumping,, THAT IS WHAT MAKES IT HILARIOUS bro :lol:,, i mean i know you wont feel that way but that is what it is too the rest of the members. :P

rest you can speculate yourself
Why would i??
you do a great job at it so i wont interfere

Word of advise, for EVERYONE,, Before bragging about a possible future procurement, do make sure that it will happen. AND if you cannot confirm that,, keep the chest thumping to a level where if that do not happen it is not so embarrassing. OR, simply be embarrassment proof, mutmaeen beygairat as we call here. :cheesy: EVERYONE!!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom