What's new

Rafale combat aircraft deal in FINAL STAGES : Manohar Parrikar

Well n good if Rafales are coming. India might order more by the looks of it but
My bets are on our little LCA.

trust me i never could understand indian fixation with this half backed TOT myself but yes both PM & DM want to invest more in AMCA & PAKFA/FGFA than rafale but IAF foriegn maal lobby has made this deal an ego issue and without a few french toys they will create many problems in future hence this oder of 36 while one more squad might be added in future but onli if frenchies are honest with the current order :coffee:
So all of a sudden the Rafale are "not worth it" in your eyes? :P

If they really wanted technology...they couldve gone of gripen...Saab is literally dying to get our order and was ready to give whatever it takes!!! If we have ordered gripen...we would have got the technology...we could 've streamlined lca induction and based on that technology we coulve built our amca!! Win-win
But sadly it didn't happen!! #kickbacks!?
what had happenned had happenned we cant change it but at least work for a better future .... isnt it :azn:

@Stephen Cohen @sarjenprabhu
India desires to buy F3 OT4 standard planes which Dassault will co produce till 2017 post which they will shift to F3R standard fully
I have written in the rafale sticky about that and also that Egypt is getting a mix of F3 and F3R whereas Qatar is full fledged F3R only. BTW Qatari advance payments are yet not made and hence pre production plan is not yet initiated for them.

India's option is limited as 36 orders of F3 OT4 will be delivered by max 2017-18 time frame but options if exercised may not have equivalent standard. The rollback to previous standard means a time consuming affair in production line and will incur costs too. So finally India may have to opt for F3R standards. Now this is the root cause of all issues. The MII part if assembled in India can have that F3 OT4 standard but thats not progressing well and issue of setting up a new manufacturing unit is cost intensive too. Thus if directly off the shelfs does reduce price, you will see that reduction more in first 36 then on later ones as new standard will be a bit more pricey for any operator.

My source says this is the reason the whole deal is going a bit round and round as Dassault requested India for direct 54 not 36+18 follow on due to standard issues. This is inspite of dassault does making Mirage 2000 in two different standards parallely but had difficulties which they want to avoid this time. Also timeline for F4 standard is rumoured to be 2023 (new radar online + spectra upgrades + new sensor upgrades). On top ACM wants 6 squadrons and on flyaway basis directly IAF wanted 80 at F3 OT4 standard and rest in F3R.

DM MP has a hard decision in hand now as going to F3R standard will further increase cost and thus his work is to ask IAF to prune the orders down. What i finally understand is NaMo and Prez Hollande are suppose to discuss this further to see how beyond 36 can be structured which can help takes things forward.

DM MP is wanting a much higher investment (rumoured to be 200+ single seater) in PAKFA (off the shelf) and FGFA(assembled by HAL) as i had written in the sticky thread. Of course Russians had presented PAKFA/FGFA having a more like Omnirole capability too.

So all of a sudden the Rafale are "not worth it" in your eyes? :P
well yes cause its way too expensive and the air warfare is already in fifth gen fighters them why waste money on a 4.5++ gen fighter that too at same price of a Fifth gen fighter tell me if you had money what would you choose fifht gen or best of fourth gen :azn:

looks like @WebMaster has to start doing some kind of cencorship on names of new members on PDF earlier in the day i saw one with name like rectum juice and now this mr wet pants :bad:

That name Rectum Juice spoilt my Dinner TWICE :bad:

Since then I have stopped Reading PDF while eating

You never know what crap you will have to read

@Stephen Cohen @sarjenprabhu
India desires to buy F3 OT4 standard planes which Dassault will co produce till 2017 post which they will shift to F3R standard fully
I have written in the rafale sticky about that and also that Egypt is getting a mix of F3 and F3R whereas Qatar is full fledged F3R only. BTW Qatari advance payments are yet not made and hence pre production plan is not yet initiated for them.

India's option is limited as 36 orders of F3 OT4 will be delivered by max 2017-18 time frame but options if exercised may not have equivalent standard. The rollback to previous standard means a time consuming affair in production line and will incur costs too. So finally India may have to opt for F3R standards. Now this is the root cause of all issues. The MII part if assembled in India can have that F3 OT4 standard but thats not progressing well and issue of setting up a new manufacturing unit is cost intensive too. Thus if directly off the shelfs does reduce price, you will see that reduction more in first 36 then on later ones as new standard will be a bit more pricey for any operator.

My source says this is the reason the whole deal is going a bit round and round as Dassault requested India for direct 54 not 36+18 follow on due to standard issues. This is inspite of dassault does making Mirage 2000 in two different standards parallely but had difficulties which they want to avoid this time. Also timeline for F4 standard is rumoured to be 2023 (new radar online + spectra upgrades + new sensor upgrades). On top ACM wants 6 squadrons and on flyaway basis directly IAF wanted 80 at F3 OT4 standard and rest in F3R.

DM MP has a hard decision in hand now as going to F3R standard will further increase cost and thus his work is to ask IAF to prune the orders down. What i finally understand is NaMo and Prez Hollande are suppose to discuss this further to see how beyond 36 can be structured which can help takes things forward.

DM MP is wanting a much higher investment (rumoured to be 200+ single seater) in PAKFA (off the shelf) and FGFA(assembled by HAL) as i had written in the sticky thread. Of course Russians had presented PAKFA/FGFA having a more like Omnirole capability too.

Awesome info bro...

And what's defferent in F3 OT4 Variant?? this is the first time i'm hearing about OT4

That name Rectum Juice spoilt my Dinner TWICE :bad:

Since then I have stopped Reading PDF while eating

You never know what crap you will have to read
lets not talk about such loosers anymore they are here to create shock and get instant attention

as for rafale i dont see a very bright future for it in IAF :coffee:

Rather he should be CHANGING it after reading this news

The Wet pants would have also become brown pants now
Dear member
We are hearing news of the mighty tejas for 20 years now, and it is stated by your top officials that its gonna take 20 more years.

Back
Top Bottom