Reaction score
Country
Saudi Arabia
Qatar to spend up to $205bn on infrastructure over next 5 years

TASNEE_001.jpg

REUTERS

Published — Tuesday 4 February 2014

Last update 4 February 2014 10:23 pm

MANAMA: Qatar plans to spend as much as $205 billion on infrastructure between 2013 and 2018, the acting head of project finance at Qatar National Bank said.
Qatar is spending billions of dollars in areas such as transport, electricity and water generation and housing, in an effort to improve its economy and build towards its hosting of the 2022 soccer World Cup.
The government has been ramping up its own spending as part of this push. The budget for fiscal 2013/4 is up 17.9 percent to 210.6 billion riyals ($57.8 billion), thanks to wealth accrued as the world's largest exporter of liquefied natural gas.
Much of the planned infrastructure spending will be financed by the government level. But significant funding still needs to come from both local and international lenders, said Yusuf Saeed, acting head of global structured finance at Qatar National Bank.
"For large projects, what we're seeing is you have conventional financing and Islamic financing and options for export credit agencies," Saeed told an infrastructure finance conference, when he was asked about funding for a pair of petrochemical plants that will cost around $13.5 billion.
Requests for banks to help finance the first of these — the $6.4 billion Al-Karaana scheme, a joint venture between Qatar Petroleum and Royal Dutch Shell — are due to be sent out by the end of the first quarter, Saeed said.
Another significant contributor to the total figure is the Qatar Rail project, which is expected to cost around $45 billion to build, Saeed said. The contract for rolling stock alone should be worth between $5 billion to $10 billion.
Contracts to build the first phase, worth $8.2 billion, were awarded in June to companies including South Korea's Samsung C&T Corp and France's Vinci. The metro is due for completion in 2019.
Other notable projects include the 2,400-MW Facility D independent water and power project —expected to cost upwards of $3 billion — and the Sharq road system, with a price tag of around $12 billion, Saeed said.
The latter project will link Doha's new Hamad International airport with the city's cultural district of Katara and the central business area of West Bay. It will be fully paid for by the government, the president of Qatar's Public Works Authority said recently.

Qatar to spend up to $205bn on infrastructure over 5 years | Arab News — Saudi Arabia News, Middle East News, Opinion, Economy and more.

We need a united Arabian Peninsula and Arabia. We should seriously annex Qatar after they have built all that infrastructure. The GCC is hopefully a long-time attempt of annexing the smaller GCC states. Anyway all those small GCC states were part of the ancient Dilmun civilization (5000-4500 years old) of which the majority was located in what is now the Eastern Province of KSA, ancient Bahrain, ancient Eastern Arabia and in modern day times we controlled them as well before they became independent. Their people are also nearly all from our lands originally.

After all Bahrain already became our 14 region.

This would also mean that we could host the World Cup by 2022.:lol:

We all have a little Saddam Hussein in us anyway. Qatar annoys me often.:lol:

If that is not going to work we need to install a Saudi Arabian puppet in Qatar.

@Arabian Legend @Yzd Khalifa @JUBA @BLACKEAGLE @Full Moon @burning_phoneix @Bubblegum Crisis @Hadbani etc.

Last edited:
Are you an engineer??
Are you looking for a job and a high quality life??
Apply for Qatar's visa. I am on my way what are you waiting for..

I don't understand..Why Arabs keep on spending money on infrastructure that is "water, housing, and electricity"..I mean, I have SOOOOOOOOOOOOO many news that Arabs (Saudis, Qataris, UAE whatever) are spending hundreds of billions of dollars on....."water, electricity, housing, transportation" ...I mean, these things are already there...spend some on improvement for sure..but also spend of other things too...industrialization, high-tech industries, IT and so on..

Anyways, best of luck.

Good lord.
And here we are forming strategic relations with Japan for just a $150 billion for Infra spending.

I don't understand..Why Arabs keep on spending money on infrastructure that is "water, housing, and electricity"..I mean, I have SOOOOOOOOOOOOO many news that Arabs (Saudis, Qataris, UAE whatever) are spending hundreds of billions of dollars on....."water, electricity, housing, transportation" ...I mean, these things are already there...spend some on improvement for sure..but also spend of other things too...industrialization, high-tech industries, IT and so on..

Anyways, best of luck.
Saudi Arabia in particular is now spending quite a lot on industrialization, high tech industries, IT, etc. The results should be visible in 5-10 years.

Anyways, best of luck.

Qatar is the one doing most of the spending including some of the emirates in UAE, mostly Dubai and Abu Dhabi. Qatar is doing it due to a lot of issues. One of them being them hosting the World Cup in 2022. You should read the article.

Qatar is basically the richest and most prosperous nation on earth. They sit on an enormous gas and oil wealth compared to their 2 million strong population of which many are not even nationals. Every Qatari national is living like a lord or baron. I am not joking. They make Emiratis and Kuwaitis look like poor people. Bastards.

But that is why we need to annex them. Insha'Allah this will soon happen or at least in my lifetime.

Anyways, best of luck.

We were told on this forum that, middeasterns are undeveloped wahabi evil bedouins!

Anyways, best of luck.
Industry, manufacturing, high tech electronics etc take research and innovation and continuous investment and arab culture doesn't like this idea. They like big buildings and towers and large highways because they are one time investment with high returns.

Qatar is the one doing most of the spending including some of the emirates in UAE, mostly Dubai and Abu Dhabi. Qatar is doing it due to a lot of issues. One of them being them hosting the World Cup in 2022. You should read the article.

Qatar is basically the richest and most prosperous nation on earth. They sit on an enormous gas and oil wealth compared to their 2 million strong population of which many are not even nationals. Every Qatari national is living like a lord or baron. I am not joking. They make Emiratis look like poor people. Bastards.

But that is why we need to annex them. Insha'Allah this will soon happen or at least in my lifetime.

Dude, your GCC parade is getting so old now. I heard in 2009 that GCC currency is coming..but its 2014 and no signs of it :hitwall:

When is GCC becoming a full-fledged union? Its already too late..

And oh yeah, find some better name too..what "GCC"? Go something along the lines of United Arab Peninsula or something like that..with single currency, synchronized military power, effective diplomacy and so on...and have a governing shura where kings and rulers of KSA, UAE, Bahrain, Qatar, Oman, and Kuwait come together and make decisions etc..

@AUz

What do you expect small Qatar (the size of Montenegro) with a native population of about 1 million to do or become? In all seriousness? Don't you have 3-4 times as many Pakistanis living in just one neighborhood in Karachi, my friend?

They are actually improving on all those sectors as well but they will never become any regional hub for all that simply due to their small size and population. Even if every 10th Qatari was as clever as Einstein. I am not sure what you are expecting? That role is to be taken by much, much bigger and populous Arab countries such as KSA, Iraq, Algeria, Morocco, Syria, Egypt, Yemen etc.

By 2050 the Arab population (the population of the Arab League) is expected to reach 750 million people so of course infrastructure etc. is very important.

Anyways, best of luck.

We've been spending more on industrialization and research a fortune more than anything else since 1999.

Industry, manufacturing, high tech electronics etc take research and innovation and continuous investment and arab culture doesn't like this idea. They like big buildings and towers and large highways because they are one time investment with high returns.

What makes you think that? Every visited an Arab country, my sikh indian fraannndd?

Good lord.
And here we are forming strategic relations with Japan for just a $150 billion for Infra spending.

Saudi Arabia in particular is now spending quite a lot on industrialization, high tech industries, IT, etc. The results should be visible in 5-10 years.

Eeh :/ you Indians have been spending a lot and a lot more on industrial developments. Take the deal you struck with Japan and KSA - the Sabic $ 50 billions -

By 2050 the Arab population (the population of the Arab League) is expected to reach 750 million people so of course infrastructure etc. is very important.

600 million...

but GCC would have a fraction of it. Population centers of Arab World would be Egypt, Algeria, Iraq, and Sudan etc.[/user]

Back
Top Bottom