What's new

Qatar sending Pakistani pilots for training on the French Rafale

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gulf
Yet Saudi Arabia doesn't prefer Pakistani workers over Indians as you said, it remains the largest source of remittances for Pakistan with 5.9 Billion. not to mention that Pakistan's imports from Saudi Arabia have the value of 2.6 Billion.
On the other hand, the remittances to India from Saudi Arabia reaches 7.6 Billion while their imports from Saudi Arabia excess 19.2 billion dollars. So obviously we do not just get more money from India than we get from Pakistan, but also the money we get from them surpasses the remittances to their country.

Fyi6-INFLOW-OF-Remittances.jpg

I know you might not like this fact, but Pakistan in reality doesn't stand by us in Yemen, even it's not profitable to us when it comes to business, then why should we rely more on Pakistan than any other country?
I see all countries have benefited from Saudi Arabia in the name of brotherhood and Islam while they give nothing in return, if it's not Islam and brotherhood which you seem don't like then I strongly think Saudi is the only country that loses from such relation with Pakistan.

Sir, your logic is totally out of sorts. Why it was assumed Pakistan will fight in Yemen on SA behalf? Becauae few hundred thousand Pakistanis labour under hot unkind arabian sun?
That was a poor decision making.
Moreover, Pakistan does not like Iran to get involve on yemen through their proxies, but for Pakistan it is a secterian battle and amount to fratricide.
It was a very silly decision of prince Mummad ben salman thinking that Pakistan will win this war for them. Even sissi did not come for help who was given some $19 billion after Mursi's illegitimately ousted. Prince Muhhamd may have wanted t show his mettles to be next king but he will regret this decision even more as time pases by. It is sad and tragic that Yemenis are being killed and there is no benefit to SA either. Oil revenue already going down and nobody might need oil in next 50 years.

But India imports more from Saudi Arabia and fills our budget with 19.2 Billion Dollars.
Pakistan imports from Saudi Arabia have the value of 2.6 billion dollars which equalizes just 15% of what India gives to KSA.
Irrespective of Yemen, India still way more profitable to Saudi Arabia than Pakistan.
If Pakistan joined GCC in Yemen, then I'd say yeah Pakistan did something that India can't do.

Referred to Post # 27.

Yet Saudi Arabia doesn't prefer Pakistani workers over Indians as you said, it remains the largest source of remittances for Pakistan with 5.9 Billion. not to mention that Pakistan imports from Saudi Arabia has the value of 2.6 Billion.
On the other hand, the remittances to India from Saudi Arabia reaches 7.6 Billion while their imports from Saudi Arabia excess 19.2 billion dollars. So obviously we not just get more money from India than we get from Pakistan, but also the money we get from them surpasses the remittances to India.

Fyi6-INFLOW-OF-Remittances.jpg

I know you might not like this fact, but Pakistan in reality doesn't stand by us in Yemen, even it's not profitable to us when it comes to business, then why should we rely more on Pakistan than any other country?
I see all countries have benefited from Saudi Arabia in the name of brotherhood and Islam while they give nothing in return, if it's not Islam and brotherhood which you seem don't like then I strongly think Saudi is the only country that loses from such relation with Pakistan.
You made every wannabe economist on this thread shut up..
There were just too many ignorant comments on the thread, thanks for coming up with the figures..
There are claims about Indian annual remittances from GCC workers reaching 72 billion a year..!!! While everyone knows that the Total trade exchange between the GCC and India is 100 billion$..!?
It is very sad to see so many negative opinions concerning the Arabs, but your figures came in the right time to thwart them and make things clear.. 6 billion$ in remittance to Pakistan is not much , but it is still better than nothing..
I do ask all those Pakistanis that have a false opinion on Arabs in many fields of life to remember who stood with Pakistan in its worst economic crisis ever, when the American sanction hit so hard after the nuclear tests.. it was KSA who poured in free oil to keep the economy going and billions upon billions of $ to sustain Pakistan in every aspect of existence.. It was brotherly help, as far as we know there was nothing asked in return..So please keep the rants for enemies..
Also for the people who think the Arabs need Pakistanis to fight for them, you are invited to history where the Arabs have defeated the Roman Empire and the Persian Empire while they were not more than 100 000 fighters at maximum, history books say much less than that..
In recent history , they fought the US disguised as Usrael many times and even got a victory out of it in 1973 Ramadan war.. They also fought the mighty Soviet Union in Afghanistan (who didn't hear about Ossama Bin Laden Arab Mujahedeen), they fought and liberated Bosnia in the heart of Europe, they went till Chechnya to help the Chechen Muslims there get a better life and a form of independence, they did it with their blood again.. and much more.. All these facts are well documented if one wants to educate himself before coming with empty rants on a public forum..
This is one thread that is so empty of substance and full of displaced rants from the most senior to the the rookie,, While the subject is most interesting since it involves a dangerous attack 4++ platform that India has purchased, and that Pakistanis might have a firsthand look into it ..this deserves some better analysis..

Last edited:
But India imports more from Saudi Arabia and fills our budget with 19.2 Billion Dollars.
Pakistan imports from Saudi Arabia have the value of 2.6 billion dollars which equalizes just 15% of what India gives to KSA.
Irrespective of Yemen, India still way more profitable to Saudi Arabia than Pakistan.
If Pakistan joined GCC in Yemen, then I'd say yeah Pakistan did something that India can't do.
GCC made a half hearted attempt at involving Pakistan. Typically snobbish attitude, a bit of humility, and a proper financial package / proposal would have helped.

Pakistanis are not blame free, but the Arab arrogance didn't help either.

Sir, exactly what have I said that has made you go nuts and start conspiracy theories about my flags? If I was to guess, knowing how people like India respond to this one hot issue, it is the H1B visas?

Well, I have news for you, I am a strong Trump supporter as I want stuff to be made here in our homeland. I am not as hard core and "out of it" as he is, because I believe in American diversity and our nation's origins as a nation of immigrants. But it is TIME we stop effing outsourcing our jobs to India, Mexico and other places, as a whole sale Sunday discount shopping store. We have plenty of Indians, Mexicans, Chinese, and all other races here who can fulfill those jobs.

That is why I voted for him, and this is what he has started to look into already. I have friends who've been without work for a long time due to their high paying jobs going "elsewhere". Your country wants to "Make in India" like I've been reading up on various places lately, we want "our jobs back in America" to start "Made in America". And that means Americans working together on these jobs, including many sharp Indian, Pakistani, Mexican, Malaysian, Chinese, and all other races who live here legally and pay taxes. If we need to bring people from elsewhere, there should be cost and tax increases to justify those.

You are continue to write insulting statements but I won't respond and will report you instead. Here is just one of many, many lawsuits. Thanks

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/business/os-disney-h1b-visa-lawsuit-20160125-story.html

Since you claim to be a trump supporter. You should also be aware of the fact that trump receives enormous support from indians in american and in india as well.

Anyways since you support trump lets also hear your opinion about trumps agressive policies vis a vis pakistan. And his policies regarding muslims in america.
He also bad mouths china and praises india.

Lets hear our opinion on this.

Because Pakistanis have a messiah complex. They refuse to believe in their singular selves and always wait for a miracle. To them, the Saudis(by their virtue of occupying the holy sites) are infallible, the remaining Arabs and Bedoins are our ummah brothers just because they happen to say the Kalimah..and so on.

There is another angle, how our politicians on the back of our military and the common man, milk the Arabs and grow their personal overseas accounts.

This is why the UAE has changed it's policy, they will fund infrastructure projects, but no more cash.

One only has to visit ISPR website to see the number of schools, hospitals, bridges, etc they have built over the last couple of years.

Last edited:
GCC made a half hearted attempt at involving Pakistan. Typically snobbish attitude, a bit of humility, and a proper financial package / proposal would have helped.

Pakistanis are not blame free, but the Arab arrogance didn't help either.
There was no arrogance nor any negativity in the invite,, Pakistan did participate in the huge Arab /Muslim coalition exercise in KSA, afterward The GCC asked Pakistan for a symbolic presence on their side in Yemen which was accepted and Pakistan sent some support ships to the area.. than there was a request if Pakistan would also participate with troops on the ground, which was optional and secondary,, that went through the parliament and the answer was no, for multiple reasons well understood by most of the GCC.. and there were no insistence afterwards// Actual relations are good or very good as usual..

Hi,

@Indus Falcon---I simply cannot believe how vision less pakistanis are.

History and america teaches us---you want keep your enemies away---extend your reach farther out---and if you can do that expense of the other nations---nothing better than that---like the U S and east India company.

I want to bring something very radical into the discussion---. If you are the son and daughter of invaders --- it is in your genetic makeup and heritage to attack and conquer----but if your genetic makeup and heritage is of those subjugated---then they cannot understand the concept of invasion and sending armies to other nations.

There was no arrogance nor any negativity in the invite,, Pakistan did participate in the huge Arab /Muslim coalition in KSA, afterward The GCC asked Pakistan for a symbolic presence on their side in Yemen which was accepted and Pakistan sent some support ships to the area.. than there was a request if Pakistan would also participate with troops on the ground, which was optional and secondary,, that went through the parliament and the answer was no, for multiple reasons well understood by most of the GCC.. and there were no insistence afterwards// Actual relations are good or very good as usual..

Sir, you are entitled to your views, but the proposal was half baked. There should have been clear guidelines for Pakistan's involvement what does Pakistan get?

Secondly, the Pakistanis also lost a golden opportunity. IF their target was $150bn over 10yrs, they should have asked for $250bn and negotiated down etc. But they choose to roll over and play dead.

Third, Diplomatically this would have given Pakistan an edge, which could have been used to better their political clout internationally.

A lot of opportunities were lost that day.

Since you claim to be a trump supporter. You should also be aware of the fact that trump receives enormous support from indians in american and in india as well.

Anyways since you support trump lets also hear your opinion about trumps agressive policies vis a vis pakistan. And his policies regarding muslims in america. He also bad mouths china and praises india. Lets hear our opinion on this.

I think you either haven't watched Trump's entire political campaign, or you don't understand how its working. Nikki Haley (an Indian, Governor of South Carolina) also sparred with Trump initially when he brought India into the mix too. If you think Trump is pro-India, you are sadly mistaken.

Indian businessmen think due to "small government" concept, they will outsource everything. What they aren't realizing, is that there will be strict laws around it to ensure no H1B when there are no labor needs. He is actually going to make an H1B employee about 25-30% more expensive to promote local training and hiring. The nationalistic guys don't work the way you think. You have Modi with a "Make in India" slogan, Trump has "Bring all jobs back and Made in US" slogan. So in my opinion, India will lose some IT business as a lot of companies will bring their billions back. Apple already wants to bring back $ 116 billion in just one shot.

Second, the other stuff against Muslim Americans and Hispanic Americans, was just to use the two terrorist events that had taken place to his advantage and to rile up people against the illegal Mexicans. When the higher paying jobs go to India, not to Mexico but Indian lobby is strong, yet people have started to understand the game and which is why he wants to investigate all H1B complaints to make American hiring more competitive.

The guy does billions worth of business in the Middle East area and deals with Muslims so outside of traditional rhetoric, there isn't an issue. Some hate crimes may spike but we are a civil country and we look past these issues once the election is over. I'd open a separate thread if you want to discuss politics. Thanks.

Hi,

@Indus Falcon---I simply cannot believe how vision less pakistanis are.

History and america teaches us---you want keep your enemies away---extend your reach farther out---and if you can do that expense of the other nations---nothing better than that---like the U S and east India company.

I want to bring something very radical into the discussion---. If you are the son and daughter of invaders --- it is in your genetic makeup and heritage to attack and conquer----but if your genetic makeup and heritage is of those subjugated---then they cannot understand the concept of invasion and sending armies to other nations.

The only vision that exists, is how to pump your own bank account or get a free ride. Whether it's our politicians, or the common man stealing his neighbors water pipes, they are all the same.

Its a fake news... Qataris are not that lame..

But PAF learning about Rafale from exercises with Qatari air force is very much possible.

This is pretty funny if true. Qatar is apparently sending a team of Pakistani pilots to train for their first batch of Rafales!
Rough google translation below:
Revealed to media reports, the government of Qatar for sending Pakistani pilots for training on the French Rafale, had been contracted with Paris on a recent purchase.
She reports that the Qatari government had contracted with France to buy 24 Rafale fighter aircraft, worth 6.3 billion euros, last May, and then demanded the lifting of the deal to 36 aircraft, valued at 9.45 billion euros.
The reports revealed that the Qatari government did not send the Qatari pilots to train on the Rafale aircraft, but pilots Pakistanis sent to the French capital Paris. courtesy : Usman Sabbir

Smart move. This is called " Train the Trainer ". Qatar has long used Pakistan Air Force as their source for training their Pilots ( since 1960's when Qatar first purchased French Mirages which were also used by Pakistan ), and it makes sense to continue this relationship by training their long-term Trainers.

@Kaptaan funny just because of your own world view you are willing to jeopardize the self interest of Pakistan, next time at-least do a thorough research before presenting distorted facts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom