Putin orders strong military presence in Arctic

FOX80

BANNED
Reaction score
Country
India
192099363.jpg

by RIA Novosti
Russian President Vladimir Putin ordered the Russian military on Tuesday to boost its presence in the Arctic and complete the development of military infrastructure in the region next year.

“I request that you pay special attention to the deployment of infrastructure and military units in the Arctic,” Putin said at an expanded meeting of the Defense Ministry Board.

Putin said Russia is actively developing this promising region and should have all means for protection of its security and national interests there.

Arctic territories, believed to hold vast untapped oil and gas reserves, have increasingly been at the center of disputes between the United States, Russia, Canada, Norway and Denmark as rising temperatures lead to a reduction in sea ice.

Russia has made claims on several Arctic shelf areas and is planning to defend its bid at the United Nations.

Russian Defense Minister Sergei Shoigu said Tuesday that a combined-arms force will be deployed in the Arctic in 2014 to protect the country’s interests in the region.

As part of the ambitious program, the Russian military is planning to reopen airfields and ports on the New Siberian Islands and the Franz Josef Land archipelago that were mothballed in 1993.

Shoigu said that at least seven mothballed military airfields on the continental part of the Arctic Circle will also be restored.

I wonder if war is on Putins mind, things are moving pretty quickly in Russia....

I wonder if war is on Putins mind, things are moving pretty quickly in Russia....

World domination :help:...Which ofcourse come with pro's and con's

Con's: the usual soviet stuff...gulags,mass muder,etc

Pro's: the gays will be the first customers of gulags.

It's all a matter of perspective .:lol:

World domination :help:...Which ofcourse come with pro's and con's

Con's: the usual soviet stuff...gulags,mass muder,etc

Pro's: the gays will be the first customers of gulags.

It's all a matter of perspective .:lol:

LOL, frankly I cant see the soviet plans for world domination but can imagine them trying to regain their soviet era glory and sphere of influence.....on a less serious note good thing I am not gay, I have nothing to worry about....:cheers:

LOL, frankly I cant see the soviet plans for world domination but can imagine them trying to regain their soviet era glory and sphere of influence.....on a less serious note good thing I am not gay, I have nothing to worry about....:cheers:

Yep,you have it easy,but i'm romanian,i'm actually number 3 or 4 on the russian "must turn into extinct species" list.:( :help:

Why oh why did Yeltsin had to go ? Russia would have been a lovely place with him still in charge right now.:-)

Yep,you have it easy,but i'm romanian,i'm actually number 3 or 4 on the russian "must turn into extinct species" list.:( :help:

Why oh why did Yeltsin had to go ? Russia would have been a lovely place with him still in charge right now.:-)

LOL, God speed bro, you can always pretend to be Russian, I heard all you have to do is get drunk on Vodka and call everyone comrade....:woot:

Back
Top Bottom