What's new

Putin Looks to Pakistan as Cold War Friend India Buys U.S. Arms

You claimed Pakistan has stable Govts, if that was the case we wont be protesting and staging sit-ins.
You said you dont have freedom to protest in india which is a lie considering the protests of anna hazare and kejriwal.
mentioning cricketers and clerics was flaming, Does it matter what profession these protesting party leaders belong to?

In comparison to India, Pakistan had governments which didnt have too many power centres, hence stable in my terms.
We have here is coalition governments with instability born out of electoral politics...

Now isnt Pakistan more stable????

Anna Hazare, kejriwal fights didnt last long due to disruptive politics by state governments at that time and that baba ramdev had to run away from venue.

Mentioning cricketers, clerics . chaiwallas( Indian PM) are not flaming .. its all professions...and have it dignity ( now dont rate me negative for calling own PM ).....

So you think mentioning their job is now insulting that guy? Is it that what you want to say????

They need business to survive and have every right to sell to india's rival when we are buying from their rivals.
No double standards here,,,we rejected their mi-28ne,mi-26,mig-35,kilo class,il-76 refuellers and numerous other things.

U expect them to lie down,shrivel and die??:coffee:

Of course they do, neither should they expect us to buy everything they offer. But the logic that evades you here is selling to your direct opponent. Take the analogy in business and analyse if it will work out or will fail.

Well, all things considered the warm up has less to do with India and more to do with Russia's needs to compete with the US. But then again, it is a very Desi trait to think that the world revolves around them.

I agree,u must change for good.;)

Of course they do, neither do they expect us to buy everything they offer. But the logic that evades you here is selling to your direct opponent. Take the analogy in business and analyse if it will work out or will fail.

In my opinion india has been changing colours like a chamaleon of late which was not correct.
Russians have to think of their business too and though i agree they may not sell anything major to pakistan for some time but things may change if for example by any chance pakfa gets scrapped??

Who knows whats there in future.

If pakistan had a defence budget of even 20 billion$,i would be alarmed,at 6 i am not.
India Alone accounted for about a third of all Russian arms exports in 2013, tentatively estimated at a record $15.7 billion.

Yeah, old Putin hasn't thought of that most probably.

I believe you objected to the RD-93 deal. What was the result then? What makes you think that New Dehli, like previous times, wouldn't have objected to this deal?

P.S. Just as expected, 1/4th of Indians are wondering where the money would come from, the second quarter producing the list of the defense equipment purchased since time immemorial, the third quarter trying to teach Russia how to run the foreign policy and the last ones, telling us that we dont understand Russia. You know why I have written "as expected". Because this is an exact repeat of the couple dozen threads that ran on PDF not so long ago, warning of an immiment Heli deal :D

RD-93 deal was through chinese. it was not a direct contract between pak and russia. india itself is diversifying its arm purchase, hence india would not oppose some kind of direct defence link between pak from russia, but expect india to object any purchase that would threaten india's security in any small way.

it is not how much india purchase from US relative to Russia that matters, but how much india purchases from russia relative to pak would determine how independent miltray relation between russia and pak are from india. until the time the purchase differential between pak and india exist expect india to have huge influence over russians

India Alone accounted for about a third of all Russian arms exports in 2013, tentatively estimated at a record $15.7 billion.

Russians lost double the number of orders they believed their traditional partner would sign.
Think it that way.:agree:

@Oscar Kindly clean the thread. Now people who have spent their entire life on PDF are trying to troll technically and asking where they went wrong next.

Please point out if you object rather than asking the authority..

I asked for a debate, thats what a forum is for...

What is it that you want to clean in this thread???

In my opinion india has been changing colours like a chamaleon of late which was not correct.
Russians have to think of their business too and though i agree they may not sell anything major to pakistan for some time but things may change if for example by any chance pakfa gets scrapped??

Who knows whats there in future.

Yah, got it, so future predictability indeed...you analyse something out of the realm and context just for the heck of it rather than discuss the present.

I agree,u must change for good.;)

You are the desi, Im an American now ..and the world does revolve around us :p:

Point being, half of the posts in the this thread from Indian members are just a "we are not bothered".. which belies the reason, if you are really not bothered.. why the heck did you even remark in the first place. Its the same idea that somehow the Indian nuclear weapons program is against Pakistan and likewise.. while in reality, It was the Soviet Unions nukes that made China get its own nukes which made India nervous and get its own nukes which made Pakistan nervous and get its nukes.

But for all and sundry, this idea is forgotten and somehow if its India and Pakistan.. they are the only ones relevant to each other.

You are the desi, Im an American now ..and the world does revolve around us :p:

Point being, half of the posts in the this thread from Indian members are just a "we are not bothered".. which belies the reason, if you are really not bothered.. why the heck did you even remark in the first place. Its the same idea that somehow the Indian nuclear weapons program is against Pakistan and likewise.. while in reality, It was the Soviet Unions nukes that made China get its own nukes which made India nervous and get its own nukes which made Pakistan nervous and get its nukes.

But for all and sundry, this idea is forgotten and somehow if its India and Pakistan.. they are the only ones relevant to each other.

:o::o::o:

Kidannu urundathu mathi aliya!!
I would say this was an expected move secur.. Relationship between India and Russia were not goibg well bcoz of some issues in defence contracts and Russians were loosing some big ticket arms purchases to western counterparts.. I am sure that Babus in New Delhi knew it will happen when they were cozing upto US and Israel. There was no surprise in this..

The heli tender earlier went to US, Russia reciprocated it by selling it to another customer. How much it will cost only time will say.

Most of our future projects are very much linked to Russia and its industry.

Their airchief was on tour last week, so we dont know what they have been talking.

In comparison to India, Pakistan had governments which didnt have too many power centres, hence stable in my terms.
We have here is coalition governments with instability born out of electoral politics...

Now isnt Pakistan more stable????

Anna Hazare, kejriwal fights didnt last long due to disruptive politics by state governments at that time and that baba ramdev had to run away from venue.

Mentioning cricketers, clerics . chaiwallas( Indian PM) are not flaming .. its all professions...and have it dignity ( now dont rate me negative for calling own PM ).....

So you think mentioning their job is now insulting that guy? Is it that what you want to say????
While you had continued democratic govts, We have never had transition of power from one democratic govt to other in the past. We have history of coups and stolen elections, which has made Pakistan more Unstable. The long lasting protests of one another have made it even worst.

Mentioning ones profession is not insult but It sure a'int necessary either.

Back
Top Bottom