What's new

Purulia case: India to scale down diplomatic ties with Denmark

black_jack

Reaction score
NEW DELHI: India has decided to scale down its diplomatic ties with Denmark after that country's refusal to appeal in their Supreme Court against a decision of its lower court rejecting the extradition of Purulia arms drop case accused Kim Davy.

Upset over Copenhagen's refusal to act on New Delhi's consistent request to appeal in their apex court to facilitate Davy's extradition to India, government has issued a circular directed all senior officials not to meet or entertain any Danish diplomat posted in India.

"It is against all civilised norms to harbour a terrorist. Despite being a signatory to many UN conventions, Denmark refused to act against the prime accused in the Purulia arms drop case," a senior government official said.

Denmark even did not pay any heed to a special request of External Affairs Minister S M Krishna who wrote to his Danish counterpart requesting to appeal in their Supreme Court against the lower court order rejecting Davy's extradition.

India has failed to understand the reason behind the stubborn attitude of Denmark despite its promise to put Davy in a special jail if extradited.

Earlier, Copenhagen cited poor living conditions in Indian jails for their reluctance to extradite Davy to India.

"It smacks of racism," the official said. Interestingly, citing Denmark laws, three law firms, hired by India to pursue its case against Davy, have suggested that there are enough provisions to appeal in the Supreme Court against the lower court order.

Purulia case: India to scale down diplomatic ties with Denmark - The Economic Times

Why did our fuking give him up in the first place. Typical BS indian politics at play.

India should try an maintain cordial and strong relations with other where possible. I hope this issue os sorted out quickly as India needs all the freinds it can get.

:chilli: Yes now we are soon going to sanction some one where as a decade back many people sanctioned us .

India should try an maintain cordial and strong relations with other where possible. I hope this issue os sorted out quickly as India needs all the freinds it can get.
not at cost of some terrorists , Good decision

hahaahah what a news :D I don't think Denmark will give dam to this scale down of ties :D
If GOI is so serious of punishing that "culprit" India should set free RAW with special request :D I know that's next to impossible but it's still a option. If someone is refusing judicial way then everything should be fair.

If GOI has the spine all such retards stilling in all such countries would have a hell of experience :D just fantasy :D

Why did our fuking give him up in the first place. Typical BS indian politics at play.

Punch in a nose make more friends then begging for friendship.

For last 65 years we are helping everyone and pleasing everyone we have not shown the guts and power.

No body will mess with a powerful military and a rising economic giant specially in the times of recession and EU breakdown.

Denmark doesnt need india that much...We need more friends in EU.

We don't need to be friends with all of them. Sometimes taking a stand is good lesson for others. And we too don't need Denmark :D

We don't need to be friends with all of them. Sometimes taking a stand is good lesson for others. And we too don't need Denmark :D

Back
Top Bottom