What's new

Puerto Rico votes to become America’s 51st state in non-binding referendum

You no is learn to count? Even if they all come here...we will out-number them (all ya gotta do is compare populations...plus, we got the Canadians)

Fun fact: Canadians dislike Americans. Here are some territorial/navigational disputes, just in case you are not aware of:

Machias Seal Island: New Brunswick - Maine
North Rock: New Brunswick - Maine
Strait of Juan de Fuca: British Columbia - Washington
Dixon Entrance: British Columbia - Alaska
Portland Canal: British Columbia - Alaska
Beaufort Sea: Northwest Territories (Yukon-Alaska)
Northwest Passage and some other Arctic waters

P.S If you want to get down to history, please check out the war of 1812.

Forget Canada, people from south of the border are taking over the U.S. Its just matter of time. There was a report that by the year 20** ? at least 50% of your population will be made of Latinos. Opps there goes your American dream :lol:
As if you know what is that 'American dream'.

Reality: Canada is closer to that 'American dream' than Pakistan.

lol i am not talking about extremist stuff, but their culture is quite different to us. They are more like Cuba in the 50s if you know what i mean.

I don't know, most Puerto Rican i know are quite US friendly, and i was just joking about If they have a vote on spain they will probrably choose it. The problem is, i figure, to intergrated into a New states, you need not only the people there can be bridged to lower 48 states society but you need the lower states to more or less blend in the Puerto Rican culture, that's i don't see them coming anytime soon. But if you say how we accept puerto rican culture is not a problem, there are nothing i can do abbout it as i don't know too.

But seriously if you have problem with our mexican neighbor, puerto rican is not much of a different, the only differnt is they hold US passport and speak certain level of English.

PS some puerto rican girl is extremely hot. especially those hispanic and white mixed race girl...........

Well my extremist comment was a bit tounge in cheek :P.

As for Mexico, honestly except for the drug wars happening over there and the few illegal immigrants who turn criminal I have no problem. Most of the illegals get jobs and are hardworking, a reformation of our immigration process (opening ourselves for more immigration inevitably) and/or a method to 'legalize' these types of immigrants should be tossed around the halls of congress, and I believe it is already being contemplated.

Fun fact: Canadians dislike Americans. Here are some territorial/navigational disputes, just in case you are not aware of:

There was no Canada in 1812 it was a loss to the British. (In the northern campaign of course)

Canadians don't seem too keen on it . And why would you even want Mexico to become a part of USA ?
Every territory, which includes land and people, have resources that can contribute to success. For example: The US is buying oil from Canada and Mexico.

Looky here...I jest when I say that both countries are US states, but the non-political reality is that the three countries benefits greatly when we place their commonalities over our differences. The US and Canada are partners in defense, not just of both countries, but of the entire hemisphere which includes friends, allies, and enemies. We can find many more such commonalities.

We got Canadian stars coming to U.S. so don't know where you got that idea from. Our border is the longest undefended border in the world.

I just heard in another thread 20 states called for seperation from US , all Romeney states

I just heard in another thread 20 states called for seperation from US , all Romeney states

You heard wrong. No state has made such a call. ZERO.

A few individuals have exercised their right as citizens to start a petition asking the White House to consider their plea if they can get 25,000 votes. That is all.

I think if such a referendum such as the one in Puerto Rico were to be held in Pakistan, the results would be in favor of joining too. :D

Back
Top Bottom