What's new

PTI's anti drone, peace march to Waziristan: News & Discussions

Leader

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
Let it be sticky for some time.

23 September 2012 shall be a Peace Caravan against illegal and inhumane drone strikes which has terrorized the whole region.

this march shall be led by many prominent figures from international community, international and local journalists, peace activists, legal experts, political activists and all those who are concerned with the well being of the general populace facing drone terror, which has claimed hundreds of lives of innocent men, women and children and created terror in the region.

PTI invites all of you to join and support the cause of peace.

P.S.

some of the peace activists from around the globe require your financial support to make a trip to Waziristan and spread awareness about the deplorable condition of the general populace caused by drone terror.

Help send Katie to Pakistan

ca00fe8cf7f9fb3c54f7e0ec3ab636dc_l.png

Information

As you may (or may not) know, in the last year I've decided to quit my desk job, give up my home, and dedicate my life to full-time activism. It's been fun, frustrating, exciting, at times scary, and to be honest, the most rewarding year of my life thus far. Right now I'm facing a couple challenges common to people who do a lot of unpaid work and I could use a little help.

There is a fantastic women-initiated group called CodePink taking a trip to Pakistan in late September (21-28) and I'd love to go document it. The goal of this week-long peace delegation is to join with the people most affected by US drone strikes in a call for an end to the killing. While in Pakistan the delegation will meet with families who have lost innocent loved ones, talk with other peace delegates and leaders from Pakistan, and march through the streets of Islamabad in a show of solidarity across borders.

If I am able to raise the funds ($2,000) for this trip I'll be going as a photojournalist. I already have a valid passport, put in my visa application, and have been donated a beautiful camera. Now I just need to raise the money for transportation, food, and hotel costs. I don't have much time to fundraise so I hope you'll help me by either donating or by passing this link on to your friends and family. It seems like a long shot, but every dollar helps get me closer to this amazing opportunity.

Thanks so much for your support!

Much love,

Katie Falkenberg

https://www.wepay.com/donations/help-send-katie-to-pakistan

Will try to update if any other peace activist requires your financial assistance..

CODEPINK Peace Delegation to Pakistan

About the Trip: After the great success of the first-ever International Drone Summit hosted by CODEPINK last March, we have been invited by our friends in Pakistan to organize a Peace Delegation to Pakistan September 21-28th. We will meet with survivors of US drone attacks, lawyers who are representing drone victims and political figures. As citizen diplomats from the United States, we will join with people from the region affected by U.S. drone attacks, and call for an end to the killing.

You can support us by donating to the trip here!
We will be asking for permission from the Pakistani government to march to Miramshah, the capitol of Waziristan. Delegates should be ready to take the risks involved in traveling to this region. In the event that the government does not give us permission, we will hold our meetings and peace rally in Islamabad. As the political situation is constantly changing, delegates need to be flexible and ready to follow the lead of our hosts on the ground. We will strongly encourage delegates to engage in meetings with elected officials and make presentations about the trip to their communities once home.
Details: People are responsible for their own flights, and should be in Islamabad by September 21, 2012. There are flights on Emirates Airlines from NY-Islamabad-NY for around $1200. The cost of the delegation is $1000. This will pay for housing, two meals a day, local transport and staff time. Limited scholarships are available.

Signup! If you are interested in attending this trip please fill out this easy form. If you have any questions, please email Alli at alli[at]codepink.org.
More Info: Can't make it to Pakistan but want to learn more about how to stop drone warfare? Medea Benjamin is currently on a national Drone Warfare book tour. See the book tour calendar and email Alli if you'd like to set up an event with Medea in your city. Plus check out the new Drones Info Postcard!

CODEPINK*:*CODEPINK Peace Delegation to Pakistan

P.S.

join Code Pink for Peace March to Pakistan...

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/viewform?formkey=dHRYRTUzLVo4RzlNN3l1aFNLT0Q2Ync6MQ#gid=0

The reason why Drone strikes will not stop is Mr. 10% signed many blind deals with US early in his Presidential career & the blame has been thrown on Gen. Musharraf for it so that they stay clean, not only this he has also allowed CIA & Blackwater to do whatever they want to do in Pakistan. Similar proposal was made to Gen. Musharraf we all know this the US terms & condition came in the news paper, US wanted free movement of CIA, Blackwater & Military personal in Pakistan & they will never be checked in the Air port etc. this was rejected by Gen. Musharraf & later accepted by Mr. 10% when he went to US only GOD knows how many blind & secret deals Mr. 10% signed with US & whatever is happening to Pakistan is because of Mr. 10% deals with US.

Gen. Musharraf had to be removed by the US because he almost defeated terrorists(TTP) & like that this would had completely ended US, NATO & Indian involvement in Pakistan but he was removed & Mr. 10% had to be made the President of Pakistan so that US can stay in Pakistan & do whatever they want to in Pakistan under his corrupt rule.

So all these peace marches are useless drone strikes will not stop & US will continue to do whatever they want to do because this is all part of the deal & it has been planned, Mr. 10% has allowed all this to happen.

^^

This Peace march is to create awareness among the international community about the deplorable condition of the general populace of the drone terror effected area !!

The reason why Drone strikes will not stop is Mr. 10% signed many blind deals with US early in his Presidential career & the blame has been thrown on Gen. Musharraf for it so that they stay clean, not only this he has also allowed CIA & Blackwater to do whatever they want to do in Pakistan. Similar proposal was made to Gen. Musharraf we all know this the US terms & condition came in the news paper, US wanted free movement of CIA, Blackwater & Military personal in Pakistan & they will never be checked in the Air port etc. this was rejected by Gen. Musharraf & later accepted by Mr. 10% when he went to US only GOD knows how many blind & secret deals Mr. 10% signed with US & whatever is happening to Pakistan is because of Mr. 10% deals with US.

Gen. Musharraf had to be removed by the US because he almost defeated terrorists(TTP) & like that this would had completely ended US, NATO & Indian involvement in Pakistan but he was removed & Mr. 10% had to be made the President of Pakistan so that US can stay in Pakistan & do whatever they want to in Pakistan under his corrupt rule.

So all these peace marches are useless drone strikes will not stop & US will continue to do whatever they want to do because this is all part of the deal & it has been planned, Mr. 10% has allowed all this to happen.

The drones' deal has been made between the US and Pakistan's establishment long before Zardari came into power... the credit goes to Mr. Musharraf... stop blaming Zardari for every wrong doing in the country... the energy crises, drones and corruption (NRO) are of Mush's blessings.

Anyway, about the thread, I've heard that IK postponed his march to Waziristan which would now take place in first week of October? The decision was made when IK met a delegation from Waziristan's elders.

The drones' deal has been made between the US and Pakistan's establishment long before Zardari came into power... the credit goes to Mr. Musharraf... stop blaming Zardari for every wrong doing in the country... the energy crises, drones and corruption (NRO) are of Mush's blessings.

Anyway, about the thread, I've heard that IK postponed his march to Waziristan which would now take place in first week of October? The decision was made when IK met a delegation from Waziristan's elders.

I dont know about it... are you sure? I heard he said he would go to Bajaur to meet PTI local leadership.

If you know in next general elections FATA will also be participating...

I hope he doesnot cancel it til October, otherwise I wont be able to go...:cry:

Imran Khan - YouTube

In this latest interview with The Economist, Imran Khan has pretty much explained his vision of how to deal with the militants, thats how a political leader do things... Great !!

As far I know Drone attacks are very precise and are very accurate based on ground intel.

As far I know Drone attacks are very precise and are very accurate based on ground intel.

you are right, however, the statistics are far from precision.

What they do is target local meetings, gatherings, funerals, marriages and houses, which instigate hatred in the community... and has a great impact on the psychology of the local community..

as explained by Imran Khan in the above video, its counter productive.

Imagine living under the radar of a missile loaded drone terror?

You're very right and yeah they blow up people regardless of who it is... but the thread at hand has got nothing to do with this. Please don't derail.

I dont know about it... are you sure? I heard he said he would go to Bajaur to meet PTI local leadership.

Read in a Tweet from a PTI official two days back... can't find it now. :unsure:

Read in a Tweet from a PTI official two days back... can't find it now. :unsure:

Hope you were wrong... :P cause I can only schedule my time in second last week of September... depending if there is a delegation joining from Lahore...

you are right, however, the statistics are far from precision.

What they do is target local meetings, gatherings, funerals, marriages and houses, which instigate hatred in the community... and has a great impact on the psychology of the local community..

as explained by Imran Khan in the above video, its counter productive.

Imagine living under the radar of a missile loaded drone terror?

who do you think gives them all the information on where to strike? have you ever thought of that? did you read my links? . drone strikes would NOT be possible without the help of PAK Army/ISI.

Back
Top Bottom