What's new

PTI to commence Hydro project 20,000MW electricty in Nya Pakistan

asad qaisar is not a think tank and future plan maker of PTI and our journalists some times also do make mistakes in reporting the realistic number of hydro generation in coming years is around 2500 mega watt
So does that mean PTI's gonna enjoy the free lunch on WAPDA's development projects.

But these are the federal projects initiated projects handled by WAPDA. I suppose Asad Qaiser sb is talking about new projects of 20000MV under the provincial government as the title suggests (PTI to commence Hydro project 20,000MW electricty in Nya Pakistan)

A total of 24 projects with a total generation capacity of 2004 MW will be completed. The present cost of the projects is estimated at Rs 334.497 billion and the projects have been included in the annual development programme (ADP) for financial year 2012-13

The provincial government of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa is far ahead than three other provinces in making remarkable achievements in hydropower sector to overcome the prevailing energy crisis, as per the report on the performance of the Energy and Power Department of the province.

Taking advantage of the rights guaranteed under 18th Constitutional Amendment, the provincial government of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa took lead in not only making comprehensive plans for the utilization of its hydropower potential to generate cheap electricity, but also practically launched it.

Khyber Pakhtunkhwa has become first province in the country, which has developed a clear vision and designed 10-Year Hydel Development Action Plan 2010-21 for the utilization of its untapped hydropower potential. Under the plan a total of 24 projects with a total generation capacity of 2004 MW will be completed. The present cost of the projects is estimated at Rs 334.497 billion and the projects have been included in the annual development programme (ADP) for financial year 2012-13. Work on all projects has been started and are in different phases of planning.

KPK Excels in Hydro Power Sector

@hasnain0099

Question remains there the richest ( most experienced team of PML N) province of pakistan punjab is far behind in generating and making plan of its own power plants while the most corrupt province took lead in showing their vision to end the electricity crises from their province while the super duper metro bus makers PML N didnt made a single power plant or started a single power projects :D

Last edited by a moderator:
@hasnain0099

how many projects PML N started in last 5 years on provincial level ?? hydro thermal of any other project for punjab ???
Nandi-Pur,Chichu ke Malian and Ghazi brotha extension these were the three projects directly motivated by Punjab Government. Rest Chashnnup extension program was the imitative of PAEC.

So does that mean PTI's gonna enjoy the free lunch on WAPDA's development projects.

Name the free lunch of Wapda Projects dude

Khyber Pakhtunkhwa, which had more than 70 percent hydro potential after getting control under 18th Constitutional Amendment, initiated vigorous efforts to open new revenue sources from its own resources. Under the amendment the levy of federal excise duty (FED) will further increase the revenue.

Nandi-Pur,Chichu ke Malian and Ghazi brotha extension these were the three projects directly motivated by Punjab Government. Rest Chashnnup extension program was the imitative of PAEC.

Ghazi brotha extension ?? never heard about it while Nandi Pur and Chichu ki paliyan projects were of fedral govt :D

Name the free lunch of Wapda Projects dude

Khyber Pakhtunkhwa, which had more than 70 percent hydro potential after getting control under 18th Constitutional Amendment, initiated vigorous efforts to open new revenue sources from its own resources. Under the amendment the levy of federal excise duty (FED) will further increase the revenue.

KPK should seriously now concentrate on its resources

mining, tourism, hydel, wind

@hasnain0099

Question remains there the richest ( most experienced team of PML N) province of pakistan punjab is far behind in generating and making plan of its own power plants while the most corrupt province took lead in showing their vision to end the electricity crises from their province while the super duper metro bus makers PML N didnt made a single power plant or started a single power projects :D
Of course because it doesn't have as great hydro potential as KPK (since punjab is mostly a plain land thus less steeper than KPK. Most of the hydro sites are in KPK, FATA and Northern Areas because of their mountainous nature, making them more suitable for hydro potential. Thats why Punjab Government is investing more in thermal,solar and combined cycle projects. It was simple wasn't it?

name me Punjab's Own power projects :D
Almost all of the investment in energy sector in Punjab is private or government. But what's the point? as long as investors are willing to invest their money power generation keeps going up.

Of course because it doesn't have as great hydro potential as KPK (since punjab is mostly a plain land thus less steeper than KPK. Most of the hydro sites are in KPK, FATA and Northern Areas because of their mountainous nature, making them more suitable for hydro potential. Thats why Punjab Government is investing more in thermal,solar and combined cycle projects. It was simple wasn't it?

punjab do have hydro sites after all rivers also flows from this province and NEpra did gave them licenses to make hydro projects but punjab's leadership didnt showed intrest over it :D

and secondly how many thermal planst for lahore made by pml n in last 5 years to over come electricity shortage after all thermal plants are cheaper then hydro projects :D
@hasnain0099

Punjab loses out on upfront tariff for small hydropower projects

KARACHI: The non-serious attitude of Punjab Power Development Board (PPDB) has deprived the province of the upfront tariff for small hydropower projects. In a recent decision, the National Electric Power Regulatory Authority (Nepra) has dismissed PPDB’s tariff petition due to its continued lack of interest and failure to provide required information.

http://www.thenews.com.pk/Todays-Ne...-upfront-tariff-for-small-hydropower-projects

Ghazi brotha extension ?? never heard about it while Nandi Pur and Chichu ki paliyan projects were of fedral govt :D
What? these both were investments of Chinese companies, it was the refusal of federal government to issue sovereign performance guarantees to the investors that they held back their investment. I would appreciate if you can provide me with the source of your information.

IN SHORT PML N just Played Politics against PPP over Loadshedding ISSUE and DIDNT served their own province in a right way even their own province was the main victim of the energy crises

END OF THE DISCUSSION now we will see in future the comparison of Punjab and KPK govts :omghaha:

punjab do have hydro sites after all rivers also flows from this province and NEpra did gave them licenses to make hydro projects but punjab's leadership didnt showed intrest over it :D

and secondly how many thermal planst for lahore made by pml n in last 5 years to over come electricity shortage after all thermal plants are cheaper then hydro projects :D
Okey tell me about the locations of hydro cites for dams in Punjab since you seem to know them all.

@hasnain0099

Punjab loses out on upfront tariff for small hydropower projects

KARACHI: The non-serious attitude of Punjab Power Development Board (PPDB) has deprived the province of the upfront tariff for small hydropower projects. In a recent decision, the National Electric Power Regulatory Authority (Nepra) has dismissed PPDB’s tariff petition due to its continued lack of interest and failure to provide required information.

Punjab loses out on upfront tariff for small hydropower projects - thenews.com.pk
Do you know what is a tarrif and how it is related to energy production (if it is) ?
And please use the normal font. I read out the whole post before replying. If you think something is necessary just bold it rather than using gigantic font

IN SHORT PML N just Played Politics against PPP over Loadshedding ISSUE and DIDNT served their own province in a right way even their own province was the main victim of the energy crises

END OF THE DISCUSSION now we will see in future the comparison of Punjab and KPK govts :omghaha:
Thats not my answer, I asked you for the source of your claim about NP and CKM being federal government projects
2-Dam cites in Punjab
3-The relation of terrif to power generation potential.
Just three things.

Okey tell me about the locations of hydro cites for dams in Punjab since you seem to know them all.

Do you know what is a tarrif and how it is related to energy production (if it is) ?
And please use the normal font. I read out the whole post before replying. If you think something is necessary just bold it rather than using gigantic font

The Punjab has the world’s biggest canal system and with so much energy, small hydropower projects can be constructed at 500 different places across the province. It is the best way to utilise the flowing water through such mechanical devices like watermills, sawmills, dock cranes, besides other ways. Also, hydro-electricity is the futuristic means to produce electricity at lower costs and less wastage.

Punjab Signs MoU with China for Hydropower Projects | Green & White

if you have ever travelled by canal for 10 to 20 kms you will see a point made by the britishers 100 years back for the hydro projects which we couldnt utilized uptil now :P at lahore canal you can experience that point near thokhar niaz baig while going from mall road to thokar niaz baig :omghaha:

From a Pakistani perspective, we don't give a sh*t what you think:wave:

I didnt say u did and i dont even care even if you do.whats interesting is that you would quote me to tell me that you don't care, not among the very brightest are you.

Back
Top Bottom